Your dream custom car

General Chat
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Your dream custom car

Post by noreply66 »

Trenchfoot wrote:Image
Was it that shade of orange? Thats a darker orange/red shade. Sharp either way I think.
That looks close to it....had air shocks on it and the biggest tires you were allowed to run on the street.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

2016 Dodge Charger SRT8 sport truck. The truck has the Chargers SRT8 performance package and front end body design. 8) 8) 8)

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

The 2015 Dodge Ram SRT8 Rumble Bee. :aaaaa47 Don't know why but the picture cut in half when I posted it, but the Rumble Bee emblem is on the rear fender, the same as the Super Bee emblem is on the Charger SRT8.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Rumble bee Ram 8)

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Top speed of a Hellcat and it will get there amazingly quick. 707 horses. 200 mph plus. 8) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-9QLOjH5MM

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Listen to that Bolt. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Straight from the factory baby. Wow!! They have a pi$$ed off sound to them and that's not even glass packs like back in the 70's. Pure raw power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNQk0Pk2HLk

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Got to hold it wide open to hear it.I saw a R/T pass me on 33 yesterday and couldn't even hear it with my window up,about like a spaceship passing by.Still not that 70 and 80's sound.EPA got them all messed up now.Wish they would mess up the Harleys and diesels.Speaking of diesels me and KM was behind one the other day in Mickeys dees and when he gassed it a big old cloud of black smoke came out and about choked us huh huh that was pleasant.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Got to hold it wide open to hear it.I saw a R/T pass me on 33 yesterday and couldn't even hear it with my window up,about like a spaceship passing by.Still not that 70 and 80's sound.EPA got them all messed up now.Wish they would mess up the Harleys and Diesels.Speaking of diesels me and KM was behind one the other day in Mickeys dees and when he gassed it a big old cloud of black smoke came out and about choked us huh huh that was pleasant.
Bet it wasn't no shaker scat pack model you seen or you would have heard it very plainly. That's what Richard was showing in that video, a shaker scat pack 6.4 Challenger with factory dumps. Yeah when he goosed it up sure it was loud, Same way with the glass packs back then. They wasn't that loud till you goosed on them either. My Grand prix wasn't that loud till I stepped on it, I had glass pack cherry bombs on it, and it had a 455 in it but wasn't loud till I tacked it up high. They all did that. You gotta tack them up to get that loud waaaapaaaa sound. That remote button comes with that Shaker Scat pack model, so you can have it loud or the rumble sound. When he hit that button it changes the sound when he reved it up. Pretty cool if ya ask me. I thought you would have noticed that, guess not. :lol: :lol: The regular RT has the rumble sound with the 5.7. To me that roar rumble sounds good as well in your cheaper models. You want to hear something, go test drive the Hellcat Challenger or the Hellcat Charger and get back with me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hate diesels, they are loud but sound like bolts are falling out of them and have a sloppy sound. That rumble roar that the mustangs and the RT Chargers have, sounds meaner and solid compared to a smokey, falling apart sound, kerosene smelling diesel. Harleys just sound like loud rattle buckets that leak oil all the time. Ole BR hates them. Every Harley that passes by him, he says boy that looks enjoyable and shakes his arms like he's holding onto handle bars that are shaking him to death. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Them 5.7 RT Challengers has the sport tuned exhaust (rumble roar). That 6.4 shaker scat pack Challenger has an electronic straight through exhaust system. That's why Richard had the little remote, you can set it for a loud when you get on it or you can set it for the sport tuned to quiet it more. Be pretty good in this town set in the quiet mode for the LPD late at night. :lol: :lol: :lol: Pretty neat imo. What other brand of cars can do that? Dodge is getting better and only starting with better products in the muscle line. The Hellcat Challenger is just totally awesome all around. But I would settle for that Shaker Scat pack model. bout 500 horses. Who wouldn't think that wasn't enough? That's plenty. bout 20 grand cheaper too on the pocket book. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

The new active exhaust system on the Dodge Challenger 6.4-liter Scat Pack and 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker allows for straight-through mid and rear mufflers for a throaty exhaust note under engine load. Even with up to 26 percent more horsepower than the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine, this range-topping 6.4- liter HEMI V-8 engine with active valve exhaust system with electronic dial sound up or dial sound down remote. Cool stuff right there Bolt. :aaaaa59 I will have one. You will see soon. 8) Ole SC will get a big fat no, if he asks when he's around, and I know he would, if you know what I mean. They can get away from ya very quick with one wrong move.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

2015 Chevrolet V8 SS. 415 Horses. Chieftain Purple. Now all that car needs is a big white spear down the sides. What ya think Bolt? You like them spears. :razz: :) :-D I See where I spelled some stuff wrong in my other posts. :lol: :lol: :lol: Thought I would mention it myself before some of the spelling police came out on here and corrected me. :lol: :lol: :lol: Tack=Tach. Oh well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

These are what you remember hearing Bolt back in the 70's and 80's. Guys had them put on their cars and trucks at muffler shops. They was a big thing back then everywhere. I had mine put on that 76 Grand prix. Ole JM and Lee put mine on down there at Delberts. Ole Lee with a double E. :lol: :lol: That real loud cackling sound you heard on cars back then wasn't factory. Ole BR use to put them on every car and truck he owned. Factory had to follow guidelines. These baby's was disturbing the peace loud/unnecessary noise loud when a person really hit the gas pedal. I got a unnecessary noise ticket one time coming off warner ave at 40 miles an hour in low gear with those on my car. Remember? Had, RK#2 and KS with me. :lol: :lol: I could have gotten more but thank god the officer was RG. He wrote me that noise ticket and told me to go home for the night but he knew we was drinking cool-aid. Me and him talked about that the night he was asking me and you about LK's women in pizza crossing. :lol: :lol: I thanked him again for that too. He could have nailed all of us that night. Ole RK#2 had the cool-aid hid but ole RG seen it shinning his flash light in the car. These mufflers was a big thing back then on most muscle cars and had to be put on. They wasn't factory. Cherry bomb glass packs. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107- ... -107s.html

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

They still don't make that retro sound because EPA regs and emissions are stricter for street models today,different kind of rumble today and exhausts are made differently to comply,even the non- factory add ons .Sounds pretty good when he hits that remote thingie but still just a tad muffled.Plus the computers of today probably have a lot to do with it since they control the mixture, another thing these new exhaust systems don't do today that they did back then was that loud compression back off crackle, it had deep sound,we used to mock that noise all the time.Kick her down trench bah bah bah bah.Kind of like a jake brake on a kruck huh huh.We might as well forget it trench that sound is a thing of the past with new cars today.White spears on my purple car? no thanks :aaaaa30 :oops:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

If I could line up 4 different American stock muscle cars untouched straight from the factory from back then from 1970 I could show ya. Ask BR, if you think I'm wrong, he would tell ya, he was around all that stuff back then and loved it. We was just kids but I remember my dad test driving a 70 GTO and it had a sporty sound but it wasn't loud. He bought a 70 T-37 instead and it had dual exhaust but wasn't the waaaaapaaaaa sound. They wasn't the loud waaaapaaaaaaaaaaaa sound you are thinking about. Yes they had a sporty loud sound but the cackling kick-ur-down gurgling loud throaty disturb the peace sound was out of factory cherry bombs. Most people put those cherry bombs on their cars after they bought the car. Most put them on there when the factory's went bad and needed new ones. I think I tried to tell ya that way back in the mid 80's. That 76 grand prix, I put them on there and it even had two catalytic converters on it. Delbert wouldn't let Lee take them off of there and it still was loud changing the mufflers to cherry bombs with dual pipes. Me and BR was talking the other day and these emissions they try to enforce is a crock. The emissions people are only hurting themselves.These Challengers, Chargers, Mustangs, Camaros, etc etc are putting out more horses than the true muscle cars did from the factory back then. These modern exhausts are even helping out on horse power. Look it up. Bola or flow master exhausts. There's more name brands but those are two good ones. They are figuring out how to get around those emissions and it's only back firing on the emissions enforcement because todays modern exhaust are only helping out on horse power. It's true as the sun coming up this morning. :lol: :lol: :lol: 500 to 700 horses is just unbelievable for these cars today. Totally awesome engineers dodge has getting 707 horses out of that hellcat. super charged has a tendency to over heat pretty quick but they took care of that problem with the air intakes coming through the inner headlights. the inner headlights are fake but look real and they are air intakes. :lol: :lol: :lol: They said a 12 by 12 sealed off room, that super charger on the 6.4 engine would suck all the air out of the room in 30 seconds wound up. :lol: :lol: :lol: Awesome, and it's factory. They didn't have a stock factory muscle car back then with that many horses. BR said the most he seen was in the high 300 to 400 horses and them cars was heavy with hardly any suspension or high performance brakes like today. People like Richard on gas monkey garage/car enthusiast today that have the money are in heaven with all these horses the factory are putting out today. So the emissions talk is irrelevant for horse power in todays muscle cars. They are beasts. Cleaner air from emissions enforcement and gas mileage maybe but it isn't helping on that a great deal. They are proving it big time. That sound you heard when Richard put some high tach up on that Challenger and getting on it down the street in the dial up loud sound is dang close to the cherry bomb sound. Real close but it dead-uns quicker because of the dumps. That's good though because that means it's not losing any pressure or air flow and the horses are still there if he had to climb on it again real quick. No laps in reaction time what so ever. Back in the old muscle days the cars would lose much of its power when letting off the gas and a slower reaction time getting it back. Each to their own I guess but I think these cars sound mean and deep today. Your right though, the cherry bomb is a thing of the past but you can still get them if you want them on there but the car will lose performance. They sound cool and throaty but wont give more horses. "Purple car with white" spears: :lol: :lol: :lol: I thought you would get a kick out of that and thought you would know right away what I meant, you liked the white spears. :lol: :lol: :lol: I was teasing you because I know you want those Chieftain helmets changed pretty bad and those spears off of there. Tooooo many schools have them you always said: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I agree, it is time for a change. You would think ole Burke would want his own look to the uni's. They've changed them before in some years, why not do it now. I think that Chief head dress on your avatar would be a great look. Can't get any more than a Chief look than that. Be one of a kind too. What was the first year they changed the helmet to those spears? Was it Coach Perry's Time? I think it was around in there. My year we had a white helmet. Did they change it a little your senior year as well?
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Wed May 27, 2015 7:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:Image
Was it that shade of orange? Thats a darker orange/red shade. Sharp either way I think.
That looks close to it....had air shocks on it and the biggest tires you were allowed to run on the street.
Noreply, I know the charger you owned had a sporty mean sound when you bought it. Do you remember the cherry bomb glass pack mufflers? You've probably heard them a bunch of times back in the 70's. Lots of people put them on their fast cars back then and you probably knew a few people that did. They did sound good and was real popular for that throaty loud deafening sound. Did you ever put them on your Charger, or just leave it stock?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

i never said the stock exhaust back then was really loud,but they are definitely louder than today's stock exhaust.This link does a good job explaining what i am trying to tell you.Looks like it has more to do with how the engines are built today rather than exhaust changes,alumninum is much different sounding then iron they say and the valves are shaped differently today.Listen to that 69 General Lee purr with that flowmaster on there,sweeeet! Even sounds good when idling.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5 ... car-44566/

Return to “The Off season”