WEATHER COMPETITION THREAD.

General Chat
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WEATHER COMPETITION THREAD.

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Bill Kelly ch.6 has lowered his Friday snow to 30% chance,he say hit and miss snow showers through out the day.I'm liking it better all the time,hope this is the last one.
You must not of heard about the Saturday accumulating snow that's coming. Saturday evening into Sunday. Hope that's the last one. :( :( :( Heard about that this morning. :mad: Tired of it. Hate to see what we are in for this summer. Probably a bunch of grass growing rain, with sweltering heat, and get ate up with mosquitoes.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Trenchfoot wrote:
noreply66 wrote:The blower i have is more like paddle wheels sort of works like a paddle boat. They pick up the snow and throw it back inside then out the shoot.
Sounds like a good one. What horsepower is it, and name brand noreply?

It is a craftsman....21 inch/179cc/4-cycle with a elect start

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Trenchfoot wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:Bill Kelly ch.6 has lowered his Friday snow to 30% chance,he say hit and miss snow showers through out the day.I'm liking it better all the time,hope this is the last one.
You must not of heard about the Saturday accumulating snow that's coming. Saturday evening into Sunday. Hope that's the last one. :( :( :( Heard about that this morning. :mad: Tired of it. Hate to see what we are in for this summer. Probably a bunch of grass growing rain, with sweltering heat, and get ate up with mosquitoes.
The snow has worked as a blanket for the ground. You could probably go out and remove the snow in your yard and find out the ground is not frozen even with the sub-zero temps.
Don't know if the bugs will be killed off with the snow protecting the ground. But then I don't know much about that sort of thing.

One good thing with the blanket of snow...if you have winter wheat in the ground it should be nice this year. Should be a lot of 60# test weight and a little better...........[If the heavy rain storms stay away until after July 10th.]

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

It makes sense noreply, you are probably right. An old mushroom hunters wise tale says, snow on the ground most of the winter will bring morels a plenty in spring/late spring. So I bet that wheat would be good as well. Your right about the long winter blanket of snow, it acts as an insulation barrier, protecting the ground from sub below/cold temps. Bugs will probably be in crazy population this spring and summer. Fleas on my outside cats will have to be treated more than once, just hoping they don't get too bad. That Revolution flea treatment could get expensive every 30 days for a 4 month period/120 days. :( :( :122248

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Our snow all melted before the last sub zero temps. Had several days without any snow. The ground got froze pretty good. Just out of curiosity I took a spud bar and went down 15 inches without finding thawed ground, so I do not not know for sure how much deeper the frozen ground went. I do know that I can go to the sink and get a glass of water and I do not need any ice cubes due to the water being so cold in the water lines that are buried 4 feet deep.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Trenchfoot wrote:
Where you get that forecast at ? WC local on the 8 just had mostly sunny Sat. and partly cloudy Sun. :aaaaa46 Them bugs will survive frozen or not,we won't get that lucky they will outlive us. :122247

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

As of right now Friday snow accum. WC has us 1-3 Chris Bradley ch.10 has us 2-4 he say south of Columbus will get more this tme around :cry:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

that clipper will come to a stand still.........going to get ice around 3 or 4 am

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I see what trench is doing now huh huh,Ganahl has 1-2 inches Saturday night huh huh,looks like the competition thread is really heating up now :lol: Bill Kelly has us less than a inch Friday,man these guys are all over the place :roll:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:
Where you get that forecast at ? WC local on the 8 just had mostly sunny Sat. and partly cloudy Sun. :aaaaa46 Them bugs will survive frozen or not,we won't get that lucky they will outlive us. :122247
Bob Nunley, channel 4 this morning snow Friday, Saturday into Sunday moun-un. Channel 10 has a 60% chance as well for Saturday. Don't pay no attention to that local on the 8's Bolt, only thing it's good for is the radar. It's saying a totally different thing than Timmy said today on there. Must need updated. Check it again off and on, it will change. I watch the WC a lot and I've noticed the local on the 8's future day forecast is different than what they say on there sometimes but they will change it. Must be on a delay. :lol: :lol: :lol: RK running that part of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:I see what trench is doing now huh huh,Ganahl has 1-2 inches Saturday night huh huh,looks like the competition thread is really heating up now :lol: Bill Kelly has us less than a inch Friday,man these guys are all over the place :roll:
You got that right. That local on the 8's is totally different than what Timmy said today. He said Snow all 3 days as channel 4 did this morning, per Bob Nunley. No heating up here, not up to it. I've been sick all day. Feel like $HIT. :(

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

So ya think WC will get their weather from Bob Nunley this time? :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:
noreply66 wrote:The blower i have is more like paddle wheels sort of works like a paddle boat. They pick up the snow and throw it back inside then out the shoot.
Sounds like a good one. What horsepower is it, and name brand noreply?

It is a craftsman....21 inch/179cc/4-cycle with a elect start
Sounds like a nice one, I seen some of those has a head light for night blowing. Pretty cool stuff. I can't stand those craftsman lawn tractors though. My mom had one and I was changing belts all the time on that thing. Glad she got rid of it and bought a Troy Built. Hard to get those blades off though, to sharpen them, wasn't it Bolt? Glad you had that quality air wrench. Now that's why I like quality. That thing did the job in 2 seconds. See what I mean? :lol: :lol: :lol: My air tools I have are bottom of the line. Cheap and weak. Ready to give them away. Waste of money. Now my wallet will have to open twice Bolt to get the better ones someday. :lol: :lol: :lol: It's better to buy quality stuff the first time around. :aaaaa24 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:So ya think WC will get their weather from Bob Nunley this time? :lol:
All no, :lol: :lol:, Timmy was saying that too, snow,fri/sat/into sun, on the WC. I caught Bob Nunley on this morning while I was up buying a buuuiccckk this morning, and he said accumulating snow Saturday evening into Sunday morning. Has RK updated the local on the 8's yet? :lol: That part of the WC seems to be behind most of the time. Like the radar though. 15 minutes behind though this winter. Ole Forbes will get it up to the second, when those vicious storms come rolling in, this spring/early summer. Winter radar must not be the top priority or the 8's, it seems to be delayed for some reason. RK must have a part time job there, :lol: :lol:, saving money for his curb water for this coming summer. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I know I just poking at ya! rk must have passed out from too much curbwater,still no update lol

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:I know I just poking at ya! rk must have passed out from too much curbwater,still no update lol
Send them an E-mail Bolt, ask them why that 8's are different than what their experts are saying. That radar is at least 15 minutes behind. I've been noticing that. People depend on that for their drive to work. I would e-mail them but ready to get off here, I feel like crap buddy, all day long, buying buuiiicccckkkkssss. :( :(

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

[quote="Trenchfoot" Glad you had that quality air wrench. Now that's why I like quality. That thing did the job in 2 seconds. See what I mean? :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

umm not exactly,its a cheapy from china off ebay,only cost me 60 bucks, thats as cheap as you will get for a 750lb torque,that high spin tension spring will go probably go flying off any day now since its so cheap :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:[quote="Trenchfoot" Glad you had that quality air wrench. Now that's why I like quality. That thing did the job in 2 seconds. See what I mean? :lol: :lol: :lol:

umm not exactly,its a cheapy from china off ebay,only cost me 60 bucks, thats as cheap as you will get for a 750lb torque,that high spin tension spring will go probably go flying off any day now since its so cheap :lol:[/quote]
Still quality for the money, you must have gotten lucky again. 750 pound torque from china. Well they don't hardy get paid nothing in those plants over there. Dang near work for nothing. Able to sell stuff cheap. No labor cost hardly. But that thing did the job, I gotta have one of those. You should have gotten a full kit of those china air tools at that price, while you could. Pretty stout getting that blade bolt off of there. Still quality or it would have just set there like mine, with a dead vibrate. Walmart specials, where I got mine. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I'm out of here, feel a toilet visit coming any minute. Never bought so many buuuiicks in my life. Sick all day.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Its all in the torque trench! I couldn't believe how quick my nephew got that one off my yardman with his 1000 pounder down at huddles,I beat the heck out that thing and it wouldn't budge,then he gives it one quick boinck and its almost off.I knew then I had to get one of them things,pure power! Every man needs one

Return to “The Off season”