SEOP

Re: What's for dinner/supper tonight? - RECIPES

Post by C-Bolt »

Your a lucky man Paldi

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

He sure is. I heard they pull some nice sized fish out of there. Do you fish at the Lake often Paladin? It looks nice up there.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I used to. Had a 18' Sport fishing rig that I also used on Lake Erie. Sold the boat and if I fish now, use several of my favorite shore line spots. Got into a local canoe/kayak club that travels NEO and West. Pa., so don't fish much now

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I bet that 18' sport boat was cool. What was the horse's on the motor? Inboard or outboard?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

90 HP outboard. Convertible top, swivel seats, lots of storage. Was a great boat.... small for Erie but worked well on calm days and was right at home on Mosquito . Caught lots of fish with that rig. Even had a kicker motor for trolling. Used that setup for fishing on Pymatuning Lake, another huge lake up here great for fishing but has a 10HP restriction

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Sounds like it was nice. Bet that convertible top was a saver from the blazing sun, while out on the lake for long periods of time.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Yes and no. Was nice to get in the shade , but didn't do it often enough as I've had skin cancer twice -- once a squamous cell cancer and another time had a basil cell cancer. Cut both out, one on top of my hand and another off my shin. Healed up O.K. but a reason I stay out of the sun now and limit my time .

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yeah, that sun can be more dangerous than people think. Too much of it can be a killer. Glad you healed up ok Paladin from that sun causing skin cancer. I'm like you, I try to stay out of it as much as I can. I hate to mow grass anymore thinking about being out there too long. I got mine to mow which only takes about an hour if I stay right at it, about 2 when I trim. My mom is getting older now and I've been mowing hers to help her out and it takes about 3 hours to 4 if I trim too. If you ever have to be out there for a long period of time again for some reason Paladin, get ya some good rated sun screen and put it on before you head out, it's not 100% but it will sure help ya out.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Sun screen was another problem. I used to use a 3 for a good tan. Problem was it also was damaging my under layers of skin. I opt now for a high skin blocker and don't worry about a tan. That ages you anyway and I'm still passing for 50 at age 71, lol.

I sold off my kayaks as well, but am planning to get another soon and rejoin my club, wearing more clothes and using high sun blocker. Can't pas up the fun ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

There ya go, get ya some of that good sun blocker. It's good to be active and never pass up the fun. :122245 :-D

Return to “The Off season”