Canceled TV shows....

General Chat
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Canceled TV shows....

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Misteroby wrote:Fox has cancelled The Cleveland Show. Too bad; I kinda liked it!
That sucks! I hope Cleveland moves back to Family Guy!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

This is American Dad's last season on Fox, its 10th. TBS has acquired the rights to the show and will air a brand new 11th season beginning in July 2014.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Common Law

Lasted one season on USA network

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

ABC has cancelled The Assets, a show about real-life CIA operations during the Cold war, aster two eps. While not a bad show, it was DOA Neilsens-wise, which spells doom for any TV show. No word about the fate of the other six eps in the can.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

The CW has cancelled Breaking Pointe, a reality show about the inner workings of a ballet company. This was far from the worst show out there, and revealed many facts about the world of ballet that most of us didn't know, nor had muchuva way for finding out. However, viewers stayed away in droves, leading to its demise.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Seems that, while Sean Saves The world, he couldn't save his show from cancellation by NBC, for the usual reason-low Neilsens.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

USA has ended Psych after 8 seasons. Not the worst show out there, its useful life was about over & its Neilsens were declining.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Fox has ended The X-Factor, a mini-"American Idol" show, as its Neilsens had plummeted.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Discovery has axed The Fighters, a reality show about a former boxer's attempt to revive boxing in the Boston area, after just one ep. The show was so poorly-received that Discovery saw no point in airing it any more.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

ABC has cancelled Mind Games, a show with a good cast, including Christian Slater, a good premise, but very poor script. Its Neilsens were abysmal.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Fox has cancelled Raising Hope. The Chance family had their "chance" to raise its Neilsens, but failed.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Fox has axed Almost Human a cop show set in the future with an android capable of emotion. Its Neilsens were slipping.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

ABC has ended Once Upon A Time In Wonderland, essentially a continuation of the Alice In Wonderland story.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Well, it's axe time for the nets again! Here's a whole blort of recent cancellations, most from low Neilsens, some, cuz it was timeta retire the show, as many of its cast members wishta move on.

ABC

Betrayal
Mind games
Mixology
The Neighbors
Super Fun Night
Suburgatory
Trophy Wife

NBC

Community
Crisis
Growing Up Fisher
Sean Saves the World

CBS

Hostages
We Are Men
Freinds With Better Lives
Bad Teacher
The Crazy Ones
How I Met Your Mother(Ended)
Intelligence

Fox

Almost Human
Dads
Enlisted
Raising Hope
Rake
Surviving Jack
The X factor

CW

The Carrie Diaries
Star-Crossed
The Tomorrow People

I mighta repeated some of the cancellations, but this the usual time of the year for many cancellations as nets set their programming for the upcoming season to give the showmakers time to have their products finished.

R U gonna miss some of these shows? Sorry, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. This process has been ongoing ever since I was a little boy watching the Du Mont network.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

only watched a couple of the shows that got axed

liked friends with better lives

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Unfortunately, Blackshookie, CBS has decided to yank both Friends With Better Lives and Bad Teacher from their schedule immediately, while not announcing what they're gonna do with the unaired eps.

Usually, when a net cancels a show, they'll air all eps they have in the can, unless the show was REALLY horrible Neilsens-wise. However, CBS chose otherwise, even though FWBL wasn't doing all-that-poorly.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Fox has cancelled Riot, a sorta game show in which contestants try their hand at comedy improv against pros, and I Wanna Marry Harry a ridiculous dating show in which some young women are led to believe they'll be dating England's prince Harry, but instead will be hooked up with a Harry look-alike.

Given their Neilsens, neither will be missed. I'd liketa see the whole dating/relationship genre tank, and soon. I don't care where Honey Poo goes, and I'm not keeping up with the Kardashians. All those shows are phony as a Ford Corvette.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

The CW has cancelled famous In 12, a ridiculous reality show about a family seeking fame. I watched part of 1 ep & didn't see any theme or premise th that junk whatsoever...never did understand just what kinda fame those people sought.

Apparently, most other viewers felt as I did...this was garbage that shoulda never aired. Its neilsens were low, even for the pathetic CW, so they axed it.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

The CW has axed Seed, a Canadian show about a bartender who was a sperm donor in his younger days & meets offspring he didn't know he had. They've also cancelled Backpackers, a show about a young man who, accompanied by a friend, is traveling thruout Europe looking for his girlfriend. Both had very low Neilsens, even for the CW.

(I don't think too many would care if the whole CW was cancelled.)

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Only thing I watch on CW is latenight King Of The Hill reruns LOL,I love that show and was sad when they ended it.

Return to “The Off season”