New Ironton vs. Logan series: Will this happen?

General Chat
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Re: New Ironton vs. Logan series: Will this happen?

Post by BigCarlito72 »

FIDO wrote:Ritalin....It helps cure many ills.............
Fact vs. Fear: Fact: Logan is non competitive in their own division based on all time and overall post season performance. Fear: Logan supporters who are afraid to answer back to these facts because it is indeed FACT! Fact: Logan has never matched up well with teams in their own division, historically has NEVER succeeded when "playing up" and is still better suited for teams they reference to as "playing down." Example: Logan vs Ironton, Gallia or Portsmouth historically has always been more competitive than Logan vs. any contender within their own division, ex: Logans playoff record. :lol: :lol: Fear: Logan fans who know they will be beat by the Irontons and Portsmouths before they achieve any success within their own division, ex., Current and historic performances by Logan in regular and post season. Logan: Never a contender, win a title, get about 20 more playoff appearances step it up more than a few seasons @ a time, start dominating teams within your OWN division and then you get to talk. Until then your program is STILL second rate next to Ironton. No matter what. Bottom line, !!!!!!! :aaaaa24

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

gahs4ever wrote:No...I said someone else called you a clown.

I SAID you cant be a clown because clowns are funny.

You on the other hand are pathetic because your posts are nothing but cut and paste attempts to belittle another school's football program by going back in history to a time in Ironton's history that suits your purposes. That is called selective amnesia, sir.

If you are going to call back history, why not go farther back to pre-Lutz days when the Tigers were members of the former Central Ohio League, or doesnt anything pre-Lutz count in your proud history?

In 2006, GAHS beat Ironton AT Ironton and a friend of mine from Ironton's only comment afterwards was, "Dont you wish you could have done it to a Lutz team?" Lutz isnt going to coach forever. When he retires, from that point on do Ironton losses not count because they didnt come against Lutz teams? Using your logic, the only Ironton football history that matters is the Lutz years. Quite a luxury if you ask me, but Im not buying it.
" I may know something you don't know" :lol: Just because Bob retires does not mean the Lutz days may be over! Roots run deep friend. BTW, dont ya wish you were a Tiger and not a :lol: :lol: Blue devil :lol: :lol: ?

chillman
Waterboy

Post by chillman »

i've heard that the reason for leaving the league had nothing to do with football, it was all the other sports having to travel those distances on school night. I wish they'd have stayed in it as a football only member, as long as they have enough openings for local rivals ashland,wheelersburg etc.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

gahs4ever wrote:Simple answer? No! Complex answer? Hell no!

Dig a little deeper into your "roots," friend. How about the pre-Lutz 60s? 32 wins 62 losses 4 ties. Wanna go farther back?

And I know EXACTLY what you know about post Lutz.

My comments are not directs at the Tiger football program, but rather at people like you who have to run someone else down to make yourself look good. It's not about schools or teams. Its personal.

You make yourself and Ironton look foolish everytime your nubs hit your keyboard.
I do not have to do anything to make Ironton look good, where have you been the last 30+ years? :lol: :lol: Secondly, personal? Really? Trust me when I tell you this friend and I am not sure what generation you come from but this is NOT your grandads party, PERSONAL is something you nor anyone I know really ever wants to see. That is the way it is in my neck of da wood anyway partna! So before ya go all Magnum P.I. or whatever was the hot sh*t in "your day" cowboy step away from the drama department reminiscents, slow ya roll and rethink that last one, :lol: :lol: "personal", Listen bruh, I am from ironton but have resided on the west side of Charleston for the last nine years, also lived in C-bus for a few so perhaps our definitions of "personal" end in much different scenarios and results and who knows maybe it is still roses and dasies where you are but "personal" where I live usually ends with someones family dressed in black. This is just good ol' fashioned bravado and back and forth about your team and others, similar to playing the dozens. :122245 Don't let ya emotions take ya to a place ya never been and only seen on the news and in the papers man. Trust me when I tell ya, coming from someone who has lived through the results of "personal" and see it on a daily, you are NOT built for it. Ease back, get back to talking football, I'M A FIGHTING TIGER, EVERYBODY ELSE SUCKS!!!!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

BigCarlito72, why so much hate and disrespect for a fellow SEO program?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

GHS asked about i-towns all time record..... well i went to ironton football dot com and looked it up.
612W 307L 45T :?
then i went to LOGAN football.com and looked up there all time records.
514W 317L 33T
now. prior to 1920 LOGAN has no records showing. so, i removed irontons records from the 1st 2 decades. and believe me it helps there record.
31W 37L 8T
581W 270L 37T :?
which only give ironton a
67W 47L 5+ ties :? :? :? all time lead. but, heres the funny part. before coach Dave Lutz they where AT BEST a average team. in the 60's they must have been dreedful only post a 32-62-4 decade record.
LOGAN's worst deacde was in the 50's only posting a 42-42-6 record.
both schools records pre coach Lutz. :lol: :lol:
ironton
219W 182L 39T
LOGAN
263W 193L 27T :shock: :shock: i did not see that 1 coming.... :lol:

so, after looking at both teams all time records i don't see how 1 could say 1 was better then the other to a great degree. i would bet to say most HS in the state that have been around as long as these 2 would have records close to these. so your argument for ironton being the greatest thing sense the wheel in the state of ohio, let alone SEO, your point is moot.
having pride in your school and an un-wavering love for your school thats great ... you should... but, when you belittle a program b/c you THINK your school has always been great :roll:
thats sh!^y. no matter how you roll magnum.

Return to “The Off season”