Logan Elm Class B
Teays Valley Class AA
Nelsonville-York Class C
Waterford Class C
Portsmouth East Class C
John Glenn Class A
Wellston Class B

UPDATED
Last edited by buckfan84 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.

rh*french*hornist
Waterboy

Post by rh*french*hornist »

Rock Hill High School (class B)

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Green works hard. Every time I pass them on the way to work they are out playing and they practice long hours.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

Im pretty sure Northwest qualified for State last week at Ironton in Class B.

PointerFan02
Freshman Team

Post by PointerFan02 »

South Point (Class B) qualified today at the East contest

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

PointerFan02 wrote:South Point (Class B) qualified today at the East contest

Congrats. That was a very nice showing and SP was right there in the mix for the overalls.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Updated list.

jbl
Waterboy

Post by jbl »

According to the announcer at the RH-Peake game last night, Chesapeake qualified for the first time in thirteen years. Congratulations (and good luck)!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Way to go Peake!

Greengirl11
Waterboy

Post by Greengirl11 »

Green has also qualified in A. We are competing in class C though for State Finals and Nationals.

Greengirl11
Waterboy

Post by Greengirl11 »

Chesapeake's band is very good this year. Congrats for their state qualification! I spoke to some of the band members at the Green contest and they are very friendly. Good luck Chesapeake!

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Nelsonville-York qualified tonight. NY was down to 13 members in 2000 and are back up to 49 members now. This is the first time NY has qualified in @ least that long. They also have a 1st year flag corps that I could not make me more proud. Outstanding job tonight.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I was told today that it had been 13 years since NY qualified for State Marching Band. I know that it had been just as long in Concert Band until last year. I think this is just the boost the NY program needed to return to how the band used to be in the mid 80's and nineties for marching and how NY's band was in Concert always until the mid 90's.

Now, the real work starts. NY has never recieved a I @ state in marching. Will this be the year? Good Luck to all bands that attend this prestigious event.

Greengirl11
Waterboy

Post by Greengirl11 »

Congratulations to Nelsonville York for their state qualification! They were very good when I saw them a few weeks ago and I am excited to see how they do at State Finals on the 27th.

Greengirl11
Waterboy

Post by Greengirl11 »

mattash wrote:Green works hard. Every time I pass them on the way to work they are out playing and they practice long hours.

Thanks we do work very hard. We have practice from the last period of the day to 4:00 all week except fridays. Also there is extra percussion and guard practice from 6-9 on tuesday and thursday nights. It is long hours and lots of dedication but it pays off and we love doing what we do. I know how hard bands have to work to perfect their shows. Parents and the whole community should be proud and support their band!

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Greengirl11 wrote:Congratulations to Nelsonville York for their state qualification! They were very good when I saw them a few weeks ago and I am excited to see how they do at State Finals on the 27th.

Thanks!!! The NY kids are in awe of your band. Me too. I had never seen Green before this year. Pleasantly surprised. The staging of the show is great and the guard is extraordinary. I really like the duet of the sun and the moon. I like the suttle yellow and blue flags that represents the two.

Greengirl11
Waterboy

Post by Greengirl11 »

buckfan84 wrote:
Greengirl11 wrote:Congratulations to Nelsonville York for their state qualification! They were very good when I saw them a few weeks ago and I am excited to see how they do at State Finals on the 27th.

Thanks!!! The NY kids are in awe of your band. Me too. I had never seen Green before this year. Pleasantly surprised. The staging of the show is great and the guard is extraordinary. I really like the duet of the sun and the moon. I like the suttle yellow and blue flags that represents the two.

Thanks!!! I am in the guard and we don't get compliments very often. The band does not show respect to the guard which we are trying very hard to change. I love our show this year with the sun, and lightning, and rain which you can tell what is going on by our flags. Thank you very much for saying the guard is extraordinary!!!!! That really made my day. :-D

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

My pleasure. It is the same in our band. What the band doesn't realize is that the G.E. the corp provides is what makes the show dramatic. The band provides the soundtrack and the silks provide the interpretation. When you guys throw your flags from the center of the band over top of the players that was not a hard move, at least you guys make it look easy, but it is such a nice moment in the show. Whoever staged your show did an awesome job. You guys have some very difficult work going on there. I saw you r group @ Licking Valley and then @ East and the progression was amazing. BTW, I like the smaller backdrop you guys used @ East.

Greengirl11
Waterboy

Post by Greengirl11 »

Thanks!! :-D

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

To any band members that think the auxiliary isn't important. NY has been about 2 points away from qualifying for the last 2 yrs. This year they added flags and they qualify. I am not saying that auxiliaries make a band but not having them apparently will break the band.

Another example would be South Point. While the band is very good, I think their flag corps DEFINITELY made an impact visually.

EDITED-I must have been half asleep when typing this.
Last edited by buckfan84 on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Off season”