What it takes for a good snowstorm in SE Ohio

General Chat
mvlnewlex
All Conference

What it takes for a good snowstorm in SE Ohio

Post by mvlnewlex »

Well, the last storm was a bust for many. A difficult forecast to make. One computer model had the storm track going through West Virginia while another had it tracking through Indiana. This was only 48 hours out.

For a good yard stick snowfall around here, we need a low pressure system to come right up through the appalachian mountains. A good old "apps runner". Any track west of the appalachians usually brings a surge of warm air up the river valley.

We used to have storms track up through the appalachians all of the time in the 1990s. I can remember years where Southeast Ohio would get more snow than the rest of the state.

Indiana and Northwest Ohio have been the sweet spot lately.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I am going to let you in on a little secret my biology teacher Mr. Bauer told us when I was in school in the late 80's. Piketon or for that matter Pike County will never have another bad snowstorm, he told us that this area was the location for the gates of Hell, too hot he said! This man also said he was from Krypton and that his pen was a laser that could turn us to dust. Just a little strange, but good teacher! :lol:

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

It was a valiant effort on your part newlex to predict the snow, but it is as unpredictable as a college coach going to another school.

I will go out on a limb and predict a snowstorm for January 21st,2008. It is shaping up over China as we speak and could cause a huge amount of snow for the valleys of WV and parts of SE ohio. You heard it here first.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

dont be a smart you know what.
:mad:

Return to “The Off season”