tell me i am not the only one....

General Chat
valleyfan07
Varsity

tell me i am not the only one....

Post by valleyfan07 »

that this has happened to. Thought you all would love a good laugh. Yesterday with the snowy conditions my son pulled into our driveway but was unable to stop, he collided with our house and went through the wall into the downstairs! It wasn't funny when I pulled in but I can laugh about it now. We have put osb board up but with the temps as low as they are it was freezing in our house. My son is ok, not a scratch. but the house on the other hand :shock:

Please tell me this has happened to someone else.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

cant say that is has happened to me :shock: :lol:

glad he, or no one else was injured.

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

ditto, could have been much worse!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

13 years ago, I pick up my brand new bass boat. I'm so proud of that thing, it's so pretty then and anyway...I take it out a few times and it just does a great job which makes it look even more pretty to me sitting on my driveway that is on a slope in front of our house.

I come home from work one day and the kid that was cutting our grass says, 'hey, I bumped your boat' and I can see he's pretty nervous and I'm like what? he then repeats and adds, "I bumped your boat with my lawnmower when I was walking by it" and I'm thinking..ut oh, it's got a scratch on it..not what I want to hear but I figure it's going to get a lot on it in the future.

Soooooooo we walk over to where it's at and I'm just not ready for the sight I'm about to see! There's that 3 week or so old boat jumped over the chocks and it's resting up against the house and the outboard that was trimmed up is shoved clear through the wall into the livingroom and the whole wall is knocked off several inches off it's foundation! I about died! I didn't want to get too emotional cause he was a good kid and he was tore all to pieces and I didn't want to cause him to go over the deep end (where I was! :lol:)

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

mighty big lawnmower! :shock:

funny!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

oh..the boat is white..I had a brand new F-150 I got the same week as the boat and also white with a white fiberglass topper on the truck. It sure was pretty then...just like Turk, it's gone way down hill.. ;-)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

kantuckyII wrote:13 years ago, I pick up my brand new bass boat. I'm so proud of that thing, it's so pretty then and anyway...I take it out a few times and it just does a great job which makes it look even more pretty to me sitting on my driveway that is on a slope in front of our house.

I come home from work one day and the kid that was cutting our grass says, 'hey, I bumped your boat' and I can see he's pretty nervous and I'm like what? he then repeats and adds, "I bumped your boat with my lawnmower when I was walking by it" and I'm thinking..ut oh, it's got a scratch on it..not what I want to hear but I figure it's going to get a lot on it in the future.

Soooooooo we walk over to where it's at and I'm just not ready for the sight I'm about to see! There's that 3 week or so old boat jumped over the chocks and it's resting up against the house and the outboard that was trimmed up is shoved clear through the wall into the livingroom and the whole wall is knocked off several inches off it's foundation! I about died! I didn't want to get too emotional cause he was a good kid and he was tore all to pieces and I didn't want to cause him to go over the deep end (where I was! :lol:)

OUCH!!

who cut your grass the rest of the summer? :lol:

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

kantuckyII wrote:oh..the boat is white..I had a brand new F-150 I got the same week as the boat and also white with a white fiberglass topper on the truck. It sure was pretty then...just like Turk, it's gone way down hill.. ;-)

Quit bashing my Cutie Pie!!! :evil:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

The Instructor wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:oh..the boat is white..I had a brand new F-150 I got the same week as the boat and also white with a white fiberglass topper on the truck. It sure was pretty then...just like Turk, it's gone way down hill.. ;-)

Quit bashing my Cutie Pie!!! :evil:

utttt oh :shock:

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

When I was about 6 years old, a car drove into my neighbor's house.

It went through the main part of the house and into the basement.

The road isn't very close to the house and it wasn't snowing either!

:lol: :lol:

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

that's bad!

Joe Strummer
Freshman Team

Post by Joe Strummer »

In the late 70's my grandfather's size 14 shoe got wedged between the brake and the accelerator, turning our garage into a drive-thru.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Joe Strummer wrote:In the late 70's my grandfather's size 14 shoe got wedged between the brake and the accelerator, turning our garage into a drive-thru.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope he was ok.

Joe Strummer
Freshman Team

Post by Joe Strummer »

Just a slight case of wounded pride.

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

That is funny, I will fess up to this story. I too (don't have a size 14) was wearing some big soled boots and did the same thing. I ran over signs at my office and almost ran into the neighbors pool. The blond in me thought that the vehicle was accelerating for no reason and had 2-3 mechanics look at it determined that the car was possessed, nope just my foot! I cannot believe I told you guys that, you will never let me live it down!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I do that in the wife's car, get my foot wedged and the engine goes racing. Doesn't happen in my truck though, men were meant to drive 'em I reckon and not cars

and Valleyfan, no more 6 inch stiletto heels on while you're driving! Even Turk quit wearing them a long time ago

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

oh, and one more thing, you're the only one on here that has done anything silly or dumb. We all are perfect and would never make these kinds of mistakes..

like the time I was backing out of our driveway and went ahead and started turning and heard the sickening sound of metal on metal and there was the wife's car...banged up bad! her driver's side door crushed and my truck didn't have hardly a scratch on it. That didn't go over good! I thought she was going to come out and take a hammer to mine :!: :lol:

That's been years ago and to this day I still get a warning from time to time as I'm headed out the door

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

kantuckyII wrote:I do that in the wife's car, get my foot wedged and the engine goes racing. Doesn't happen in my truck though, men were meant to drive 'em I reckon and not cars

and Valleyfan, no more 6 inch stiletto heels on while you're driving! Even Turk quit wearing them a long time ago

Kantucky, I wasn't wearing those that day :roll: I said I was wearing boots! Turk should go back to wearing them, they do wonders for your calves! ;-)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I thought it was 6 in stiletto hiking boots? No? I get mixed up sometimes, sorry.

Oh, you don't worry about Turk, he's won the 'annual 'Shapeliest Legs In The Trailer Park' contest now for 15 years straight!

They're insured with Lloyds of London!

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

kantuckyII wrote:oh, and one more thing, you're the only one on here that has done anything silly or dumb. We all are perfect and would never make these kinds of mistakes..

like the time I was backing out of our driveway and went ahead and started turning and heard the sickening sound of metal on metal and there was the wife's car...banged up bad! her driver's side door crushed and my truck didn't have hardly a scratch on it. That didn't go over good! I thought she was going to come out and take a hammer to mine :!: :lol:

That's been years ago and to this day I still get a warning from time to time as I'm headed out the door

Oh I know there are many perfect people on here! ;-) I do so many goofy things, I have to laugh at myself sometimes. :lol: Me being an ins. agent and having to call my own claim in for both of these within 2 months has been really embarrasing! Again, it is the blonde coming out in me, sad but my poor son is blonde too! Go figure! :roll:

Return to “The Off season”