If we had a Prez with this much testosterone...

General Chat
robycop3
All State

If we had a Prez with this much testosterone...

Post by robycop3 »

In November, 2007, Australian president John Howard made the comments below. If we had a Prez who said similar, subbing "USA" for "Australia" in these remarx, and MEANT them...

‘IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.’

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the ‘politically correct’ crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia .

However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!

Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us. If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don’t like ‘A Fair Go’, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don’t care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, ‘THE RIGHT TO LEAVE’.

If you aren’t happy here then LEAVE. We didn’t force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU chose.’
(John Howard, President of Australia, Nov. 21, 2007)

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

:shock: he's got guts

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Remember this, the choices you make in life, make you"

- John Wooden

"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."

- unknown

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

nice!!

wish we could say that in america without being accused of being insensitive.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

awesome

Baby Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Baby Duck »

That's what I'm talking about right there if you don't like it leave.

SEOP
Sports_Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Sports_Man »

lol :lol: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

I LOVE IT!!

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

Were all immigrants here, and the press would have a field day if this occured.

Unlike with Australie where all the ancestors are former prisoners of a penal colony.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

That's awesome.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

oak hill71 wrote:Were all immigrants here,

But MOST of us are LEGAL immigrants....

Home of the Atlanta Falcons.
oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
oak hill71 wrote:Were all immigrants here,

But MOST of us are LEGAL immigrants....

I can't tolerate illegal immigrants as much as anyone, but there is nothing we can do about it. Because nobody is willing to do anything about it.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

oak hill71 wrote: but there is nothing we can do about it. Because nobody is willing to do anything about it.

The 1st part of that is wrong. The second part is the problem...... and the stupid Americans just keep on re-electing the same ole establishment (Hillary and/or McCain) that HAVE done nothing about it and WILL do nothing about it.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Home of the Atlanta Falcons.
robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

valleyfan07 wrote:nice!!

wish we could say that in america without being accused of being insensitive.

I myself am quite insensitive to being called insensitive. I just don't give a flying farky.

Return to “The Off season”