Portsmouth On Tru TV Body Of Evidence

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Portsmouth On Tru TV Body Of Evidence

Post by kantuckyII »

anyone else see the show last night (Saturday 2-09) Body Of Evidence With Dayle Hinman? here's the listing for it from the webpage here of a murder in Portsmouth several years back
"Small Town Terror" - NEW!
Premieres Sat, Feb 9 at 9P
An elderly woman disappears from her home, along with her bed mattress. Several days later both turn up a hundred miles away in a remote field. With confusing evidence and no witnesses, investigators are baffled as to who could commit such a brutal crime against such a beloved woman. Can Dayle Hinman help draw up a criminal profile that will help pinpoint the man responsible?

basketballparent
Freshman Team

Post by basketballparent »

Yes, I watched this show. Daniel Payton was a best friend of my husbands. We were friends with him and his wife and daughter. If Danny would have shown up at my door in the middle of the night, I would have NEVER hesitated to let him in which now makes me sick at my stomach to think about. After the story broke about Danny, we couldn't believe it. It was so unreal to think about how many times this man came to our home when my husband was at work and would sit and talk with me for awhile before leaving. Never did he try anything or say anything inappropriate to me. The job my husband was working at the time was unpredictable in the hours he worked so Danny never knew when he would or wouldn't be there. Very scarey to hear about the letter that he left in the convenience store, that wasn't released in the paper at the time of his arrest. That was the first I had heard of the note. Just goes to show you that you never really know someone

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

this happened right next door to a good freind of mine, it was days before the figured out something was wrong although the neighbors suspected something as they did not see her come out of the house,and the front light was on day and night.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

basketballparent, that's wild. Just goes to show that you never truly know a person, do we? My father was friends with a man when I was a little boy who committed a terrible crime and, like you and your husband, everyone was caught off guard and never even believed it till he came out and admitted it.

basketballparent
Freshman Team

It was very hard to believe. Their daughter was only a couple of months older then our oldest son. We had birthday parties and cookouts together and everything. I often wonder why I never seen any signs from him that he was a danger to me or my family. He raped his neice so I don't think it was the being friends that kept him from it. It was a very weird situation for us when all of this came out. His wife was so freaked out when her neighbor had come up missing because Danny worked midnights at OSCO at the time. She was worried about her and her daughters safety. You know how the old saying goes "You can't trust ANYBODY"

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Very incredible basketballparent. You never noticed anything out of him at all? like staring at young girls or anything? I feel for his family, they really have suffered also.

basketballparent
Freshman Team

Like I said, I had never noticed ANYTHING out of the ordinary. Even when the neighbor disappeared, I never gave it the first thought that it could possibly be Danny. I never felt he was looking at me strange or anyone in my family. I find it odd that law enforcement never contacted us being that we were such good friends. But really there would have been nothing I could have told them. The strangest part of all was the body was found a couple of miles from our home at the time. I often wonder whether or not he stopped by to visit us with the body in his vehicle or after he dumped the body. This is answers I will probably never know, and don't know if I want to know.

I thought the show was poorly done. It gave the impression that Dayle Hinman was profiling the killer to catch him. Danny has been in prison for several years. How hard is it to profile someone that has already been caught, charged and arrested. I wish they would do a more detailed story on this, lots of things I would still like to know. They said that they couldn't figure out why the killer was in the area where he dumped the body because it was such a remote area. Danny was out in that area quite often visiting us. It just makes you wonder???
Last edited by basketballparent on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

hat is soooo eerie basketballparent thank gd ou and yours are ok, do you ever hear from his wife?

basketballparent
Freshman Team

I couldn't reach her after the arrest. She was pretty much keeping a low profile. I just recently got in contact with her, we didn't' talk about Danny. I feel if and when she is ready to talk I will be here for her and her daughter. They have both suffered so much because of his actions.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, all their cases go back a ways but I'm like you, Dayle Hinman was presented as if she'd been on the case the whole time. I watch the show a lot and I would love to know from the sheriff's dept if she had much or anything to do at all with the investigation.

Either way, the lady is a sharp dresser, ever notice that? ;-)

Just think how much longer he might have gone on had the DNA not nailed him? amazing how that works.

Was he kinda stupid too? I mean, why would he have taken that mattress with him and dumped it with her body? they thought he was trying to get rid of DNA or at least that is what they said to start with. He's one creepy guy!

basketballparent
Freshman Team

No, he was not a stupid man. Very smart and into lots of different hobbies. He flew the big remote controlled airplanes, go carts, small engine repair, great mechanic. As far as taking the mattress, who knows?? what he was thinking. Maybe we can all e-mail truTV and get them to do a longer show on this with actual re-encatment on what they think happened.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Here he is now http://www.drc.state.oh.us/OffenderSear ... id=A449496

oh my goodness, he's been in there since 2003?! there's no way that Dayle could have been involved in this like they are portraying it

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth On Tru TV Body Of Evidence

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

kantuckyII wrote:from the webpage here of a murder in Portsmouth several years back
"Small Town Terror" - NEW!
Premieres Sat, Feb 9 at 9P
An elderly woman disappears from her home, along with her bed mattress. Several days later both turn up a hundred miles away in a remote field. With confusing evidence.......

No wonder the evidence was confusing to them if they think Richards Road near Minford is "100 miles away" from Portsmouth. :roll: :roll:

It seems to me that 99% of everything on TV (including the news) is 99% fiction.... :oops:

Return to “The Off season”