UFC FIGHTERS TO BE AT PORTSMOUTH HS OLD GYM

General Chat
Snake
Waterboy

UFC FIGHTERS TO BE AT PORTSMOUTH HS OLD GYM

Post by Snake »

It's in the works! As a Fund-raiser Portsmouth will be hosting UFC STYLE MMA FIGHTS.
This is to be on July 12th in The Old Gym. Mark this date down, And come out and experience the cage fights. More Details on who the Fighters will be and times will be Posted later. Just wanted to see how many people would be interested in this and to give you the date so you won't miss it. So please post your comments.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Re: UFC FIGHTERS TO BE AT PORTSMOUTH HS OLD GYM

Post by hilltopkid »

Im all over this.Hopefully they get some of Colemans boys down here from the HAmmer House. Wes Simms, Branden Hinkle etc... both of those guys are on UFC undercards, Simms fought at the Arnold classic against one of Agseys boys. Hinkle got beat in his last big fight (UFC59) I think by Jeff Monson. They are all Ohio boys and Coleman trains them right!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Ill be there cant wait to see hilltopkid fight it shoud be a dandy. LOL!!!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Wonder if there is a chance of a local person involved in the fights? If so I will be there.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

snake,,,thanks for the PM,,,,I think this wil go over as big as the toughman fight,,,prob bigger :!:

you know I,LL be there 8)

Fox40
Riding the Bench

Post by Fox40 »

This will be one of the best events ever in Portsmouth High School. Coach Clifford is a class act and that's one of the reasons an event like this is taking place. I have talked with people close to the event and they are looking at putting on a very... very high class event. Most people only think of the UFC but all the fighters from the UFC came from the small shows. It is also understood that people want to see local talent and fighters from the UFC all in one card and I know this will be the case at this show. They have currently picked some of the best fighters in the US and most have been with the UFC at some point in time. The UFC picks fighters from the small shows like this to fight some of the undercard bouts at the large events. I have been around the fight game for a long time and think this event will do well. This event will hopefully be around 13 to 14 fights all in one night. The fighters will weigh in on Friday evening at a public event and the fight would be Saturday night with a Party after the fights at a local place. From my understanding not many people in town have seen fighters in a cage. More to come about this event in the next few weeks.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I understand they are picking "inviting" fighters to come, and Info on how a local can join to fight?

I know a young man that would love to fight, he has participated in the UFC before, only a few times, but has been very succesful ;-)

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

If I'm not in canada fishing that week I'll be alllllll over it !! Great news MD

Fox40
Riding the Bench

Post by Fox40 »

We need to talk this event up to everyone. I will post a web site in the next few weeks telling local MMA fighters how they can involved in this event. Every attempt will be made to get as many local fighters in the event but some of the upper level fighters in the Pro fights will take on people from all over the place. This event will not be like some of the boxing matches held in the past. This event will have Pro fighters that train and fight for a living. Once the cage door closes, it's on! The only way an event of this type can get off the ground is to have the great people on this site support it! More to come--

Fox40
Riding the Bench

Post by Fox40 »

Wes Simms, Sean Salmon and a few vets looking at this event. Hilltopkid-- you understand this stuff, I like that!

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

I'm there....

Fox40
Riding the Bench

Post by Fox40 »

Calls and emails coming in everyday about all the fighters that want to participate in our event. Some of these fighters look good on video. A website will be coming up soon to allow people to start getting tickets for this event. The ticket prices will be kept down as low as other events at this same site. More to come soon!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I'll be encouraging all my "fight" buddies to be there even if I can't . MD

Dive4Five
Waterboy

Post by Dive4Five »

I'm looking to get Rocky Young signed up for this event.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

biggdowgg wrote:Image

Biggdowgg have you talked to him yet to see if he is in it or going to get in it

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

he does not know yet..he has a fight in Colubus this weekend,,and another in Kentucky somewhere coming up.

Fox40
Riding the Bench

Post by Fox40 »

biggdowgg-

I will most likely be at the fights in Columbus. I need you to contact me about this fighter. I need to get his name to our match maker in Columbus so we can get him on the card. Looks like we will have some great fights in Portsmouth on July 12th.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

any word on how much tickets will be for this event

Fox40
Riding the Bench

Post by Fox40 »

Tickets should be 20 with cage side being just a little more. I got yor message and you fighter is top on our list.

Return to “The Off season”