Goodbye Folks

General Chat
Stewy
Waterboy

Goodbye Folks

Post by Stewy »

I just can't read this forum anymore without taking out a pair of needle nose plyers and pulling out my eyeballs. 17 different negative topics on the 1st page alone by that ray of sunshine in Newark (Nerk) has just put me over the edge. If I want to get this much bad news I will watch the local news or talk to a Democrat.

Its a shame, I read this site to keep up with what is going on back in my old home town of Ironton (Arnton) But if I keep reading this crap I will need to have my wife confiscate my shoe laces.

I will now dedicate my time to fighting Global Cooling, helping coach my sons baseball team, Watching my daughter play softball and dominating holandkat3 and JayZ in Fantasy Baseball.

GO TIGERS!!!
Last edited by Stewy on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Re: Goodbye Folks

Post by mvlnewlex »

atleast stay for my weather threads. they are more accurate than the weather channel. and every now and I then I will throw some humor into the mix.

stay for me ! wouldnt you miss me ? (JUST KIDDIN)

I agree about some of the negativity. I actully believe it is a negative attitude in our society that is helping to push our economy down.

I too think a certain forum member goes overboard. I am going through a really hard time right now emotionally and spiritually. I sure have my share of financial worries as well, believe me. but I dont believe this is the great depression.

The last thing I need to see is Newark Catholic Fan acting like we are living in 1930 under the Herbert Hoover administration..

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Stewy, don't leave! We've never met (I don't think :122248 ) but we have a mutual friend in hollandkat3. We just need to hold an intervention for certain members. I've even encouraged hollandkat to write a "Chicken Soup for the NCF Soul" book. Maybe it will get better....think happy thoughts. :lol:

Der_Kommissar1968
JV Team

Post by Der_Kommissar1968 »

newlexpanthers wrote:atleast stay for my weather threads. they are more accurate than the weather channel. and every now and I then I will throw some humor into the mix.

stay for me ! wouldnt you miss me ? (JUST KIDDIN)

I agree about some of the negativity. I actully believe it is a negative attitude in our society that is helping to push our economy down.

I too think a certain forum member goes overboard. I am going through a really hard time right now emotionally and spiritually. I sure have my share of financial worries as well, believe me. but I dont believe this is the great depression.

The last thing I need to see is Newark Catholic Fan acting like we are living in 1930 under the Herbert Hoover administration..

Newark just posts news items that pertain to the failing ecomony (I know you post more than just that Newark). What's wrong with that? Why not point out every single person who posts something that isn't shiny and happy? I find many of the things he posts interesting, just as much as I find your fascination with the weather interesting (btw, it's really cool to be passionate about something - keep it up! - but I digress). Heck, I find Kantucky's posts interesting, even though many are bizarre and demented. I don't know why Stewy has to leave. If he doesn't find anything interesting about Newark, just don't open the thread. It's really that easy.

KEEP IT UP NEWARK!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

you know you have the option of not having to see his post by making him a "foe".

no one wants to hear or read bad/sad news but the paper is full of it everyday.

heck Im thinking of blocking FIDO out , because im tired of reading all his crap :mrgreen:

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

biggdowgg wrote:you know you have the option of not having to see his post by making him a "foe".

no one wants to hear or read bad/sad news but the paper is full of it everyday.

Many have tried, quote:
I tried blocking NCFs post by adding him to the foe list. Unfortunately, it still shows the threads he lists. So, I don't know how good that does. I wish I could block out anything he posts to include a thread he starts.

I think everyone is aware of bad news in the world, but what forum members are tiring of is the quantity of his bad, sad, depressing topics that clearly flood the forum on a daily basis. Many often border and hint on his political views, although I rarely see that he enters the political forum to discuss his views. :roll: The rest of the forum members will get along just fine (although we may lose a few) and continue to post topics that relate to our lives and try to bring us up rather than pull us down. It just unfortunate that one member seems intent and has a mission in putting others in the same mindset that he clearly exists.

hollandkat3
Waterboy

Post by hollandkat3 »

Say it ain't so, Stewy. Say it ain't so!

If it is positives you are looking for, remember that you actually graduated from high school (now that is a minor miracle)....if you drop another 10 pounds you will be at an even 300....the creator of Spellcheck did it just for you....you are finally able to spend a dollar without mourning the loss for four days.....the Reds aren't under .500 yet....if you beat me at fantasy baseball, I'll walk a chicken on a leash down I-71 during rush hour, etc.

See, you have a lot to look forward to and be happy about! A little bad news on SEOP shouldn't counter the blessings that have been bestowed upon you.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Isn't NEWARK playing in the Div I FINALS against Lakewood [Cleveland] St. Eds later tonight? How about we all root for Newark? That ought to make a "happy" topic, wouldn't you say?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

only thing I was saying, is evryone has the option of not reading what another member post..I know exactly what he is taklking about,and my self sometimes gets tired of reading all the depressing stuff thats posted :(

he can alwys read the games forum,,I have yet to se anything sad in there :mrgreen:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

biggdowgg wrote:only thing I was saying, is evryone has the option of not reading what another member post..I know exactly what he is taklking about,and my self sometimes gets tired of reading all the depressing stuff thats posted :(

he can alwys read the games forum,,I have yet to se anything sad in there :mrgreen:

PICKLES........

Hey Stewy, next time you come in town give me a call and we will discuss old times at the "OASIS".......I'll even let you buy me one...... :roll: :roll:

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

TTT quote:
Hey Stewy, next time you come in town give me a call and we will discuss old times at the "OASIS".......I'll even let you buy me one......

Ahhhhh.....the "Oasis", now those were the good old days. 8)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

See ya!!!!

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!!!! :roll:

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
Hey Stewy, next time you come in town give me a call and we will discuss old times at the "OASIS".......I'll even let you buy me one...... :roll: :roll:

Stewy and Stewed.... now there's a pair for you. :roll:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
TigerTownTurkey wrote:

Stewy and Stewed.... now there's a pair for you. :roll:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ballparent wrote:
TTT quote:
Hey Stewy, next time you come in town give me a call and we will discuss old times at the "OASIS".......I'll even let you buy me one......

Ahhhhh.....the "Oasis", now those were the good old days. 8)

You are a very smart lady..........just like the ladies back in the day, Lori, LeahRae and Jeannine....... ;-)

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

The sad thing is, these are tough times. Not talking about them and ignoring thiings do not get things changed. Dissent and debate are stalwarts of a democratic society..... If you want to leave, god bless and keep you. The rest of us will keep a watchful eye out for positive activities to discuss, but we will also continue to let everyone know the wrongs that attack us every day. :12224

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Evidently stewy doesn't know you can read other items.... :122246 or just don't hop over here :aaaaa114 :aaaaa114 :aaaaa114 :aaaaa126 run on over to another forum.. granted ncf and I have not seen eye to eye on things :roll: but good golly the man has a right to express his opinion on here just as all of us! Right? am I wrong folks??? :-D

oops didn't realize there were so many repetitive posts. :aaaaa1
Last edited by orange-n-brown 365 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Gas, Diesel Rocket to New Records by newarkcatholicfan

What cuts are you making in your driving now by newarkcatholicfan

Sticker Shock at the Grocery: Soaring Wheat Prices Mean More by newarkcatholicfan

Most Economists Say Recession Has Arrived as Outlook Darkens by newarkcatholicfan

Dollar drops to fresh lows by newarkcatholicfan

United, Continental Increase Fares by Up to $50 Round-Trip by newarkcatholicfan

Stocks Retreat on Credit Fears by newarkcatholicfan

4 dollars a gal gas will never happen where are those people by newarkcatholicfan

110 a barrel by newarkcatholicfan

National Bureau of Economic Research President Martin Feldst by newarkcatholicfan

Stocks fall sharply on Bear Stearns bailout, sinking dollar by newarkcatholicfan

Gas, oil rise to records as dollar falls by newarkcatholicfan

Sales, Dollar Plunge; Oil Soars by newarkcatholicfan

Spring break plans/Gas prices by newarkcatholicfan

Dollar's clout sinks worldwide by newarkcatholicfan

Dollar goes down again by newarkcatholicfan

Most Economists Say Recession Has Arrived as Outlook Darkens by newarkcatholicfan

No one has said they have a problem with NCF giving an opinion, ONB, what they have a problem with is the excessive and repetitive posts he makes, along with the political innuendos that accompany them, that he seems unwilling to address with those in the political forum. The list above is from the first page alone. Can you not see that many are the same thing again and again? I don't open them and he can continue to monopolize the board as long as he's allowed. I just wonder what his purpose might be in doing so, I mean how many threads do we need that all end up being about gas and oil prices? If he's trying to make a point, I think most of us were able to get it in the first five or six threads that relate to gas and oil, after that it is just noise. And he thinks we're the whiners?
:aaaaa24

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

seems to be some post missing from this thread today :roll:

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

ballparent wrote:Gas, Diesel Rocket to New Records by newarkcatholicfan

What cuts are you making in your driving now by newarkcatholicfan

Sticker Shock at the Grocery: Soaring Wheat Prices Mean More by newarkcatholicfan

Dollar drops to fresh lows by newarkcatholicfan

United, Continental Increase Fares by Up to $50 Round-Trip by newarkcatholicfan

Stocks Retreat on Credit Fears by newarkcatholicfan

4 dollars a gal gas will never happen where are those people by newarkcatholicfan

110 a barrel by newarkcatholicfan

National Bureau of Economic Research President Martin Feldst by newarkcatholicfan

Stocks fall sharply on Bear Stearns bailout, sinking dollar by newarkcatholicfan

Gas, oil rise to records as dollar falls by newarkcatholicfan

Sales, Dollar Plunge; Oil Soars by newarkcatholicfan

Spring break plans/Gas prices by newarkcatholicfan

Dollar's clout sinks worldwide by newarkcatholicfan

Dollar goes down again by newarkcatholicfan

No one has said they have a problem with NCF giving an opinion, ONB, what they have a problem with is the excessive and repetitive posts he makes, along with the political innuendos that accompany them, that he seems unwilling to address with those in the political forum. The list above is from the first page alone. Can you not see that many are the same thing again and again? I don't open them and he can continue to monopolize the board as long as he's allowed. I just wonder what his purpose might be in doing so, I mean how many threads do we need that all end up being about gas and oil prices? If he's trying to make a point, I think most of us were able to get it in the first five or six threads that relate to gas and oil, after that it is just noise. And he thinks we're the whiners?
:aaaaa24

since we do not have a news forum I guess these should go either way here or on the Political one...
Last edited by orange-n-brown 365 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Off season”