Bill Calling for Castration of Sex Offenders Passes

General Chat
The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Bill Calling for Castration of Sex Offenders Passes

Post by The Instructor »

Bill Calling for Castration of Sex Offenders Passes Louisiana Senate

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

BATON ROUGE, La. — The most serious sex crimes should be punishable by castration, with drugs or surgery, the Louisiana Senate voted on Tuesday.

The bill by Sen. Nick Gautreaux, D-Meaux, would give judges the option of imposing chemical castration on those convicted of sex crimes including aggravated rape, simple rape and indecent behavior with a juvenile. Chemical castration would be mandatory on second offenses, and the offender would have the option of choosing physical castration instead.

Senators voted 32-3 to send the measure to the House.

Chemical castration would involve treatment with the drug medroxyprogesterone acetate, with the aim of diminishing the offender's sexual impulses. Gautreaux amended the bill to add a provision that would bar such an offender from taking another substance — such as estrogen — that could counteract the effects of the castration drug.

The drug treatment would be mandatory on a second offense, though a medical expert would have to determine that the treatment would be effective.

Once ordered to undergo the treatment, the offender would have the option of physical castration — which Gautreaux said some offenders might prefer to avoid any drug side effects or in hopes of permanently curbing impulses that led to his offense.

Voting against the measure were Sens. Cheryl Gray, D-New Orleans, Robert Kostelka, R-West Monroe, and Derrick Shepherd, D-Marrero.

Also awaiting House debate is another Gautreaux bill that would prohibit sex offenders from wearing masks or costumes on most major holidays, and prohibit them from giving candy or other gifts to people younger than 18. The bill (Senate Bill 143) by Sen. Nick Gautreaux, D-Meaux, now goes to the House for debate. Violators could be jailed for a minimum of six months and a maximum of three years.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351386,00.html

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Re: Bill Calling for Castration of Sex Offenders Passes

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

I've always thought that was too good for them but its a start

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

Good Job!!

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

The Instructor wrote:The drug treatment would be mandatory on a second offense, though a medical expert would have to determine that the treatment would be effective.

what if the medical treatment would not be effective? would the physical castration be mandatory then?

i still think they should get the death penalty but this works i guess. if only the rest of the country would follow suit :idea:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

surgery he**. a dull knife and a propane torch to coterize the wound, would work just fine. no medical bills, and gruesome enough to deter future freaks. i could end it. judge ozzie. YOU'LL ONLY COME BEFORE ME ONCE, I PROMISE. :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Give them all a sex change and throw them in 4-5 "Bubbas" :aaaaa24
Last edited by Runner on Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:surgery he**. a dull knife and a propane torch to coterize the wound, would work just fine. no medical bills, and gruesome enough to deter future freaks. i could end it. judge ozzie. YOU'LL ONLY COME BEFORE ME ONCE, I PROMISE. :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5

That sounds like something out of one of the Saw movies to me! :lol:

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

gahs4ever wrote:How do you castrate a female sex offender????? :aaaaa46

Female castration is the removal of the clitoris.

I am surprised you didn't know this.

Sometimes, it is called female circumcision

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Great.

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

Whatever. The impulse will still be there. It's still possible for a sex crime to occur.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

yes the impulse would still be there but it would be like putting a wet noodle in a needles eye.

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

noreply66 wrote:yes the impulse would still be there but it would be like putting a wet noodle in a needles eye.

.. :lol:

There are other things though...like a finger, fruit, vegetable, etc.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

The Instructor wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:surgery he**. a dull knife and a propane torch to coterize the wound, would work just fine. no medical bills, and gruesome enough to deter future freaks. i could end it. judge ozzie. YOU'LL ONLY COME BEFORE ME ONCE, I PROMISE. :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5

That sounds like something out of one of the Saw movies to me! :lol:

Hostel 2 beat them to it

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

noreply66 wrote:yes the impulse would still be there but it would be like putting a wet noodle in a needles eye.

I have been "putting a wet noodle in a needles eye" for so long that I can now shoot pool with a rope.

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great job Louisiana wish it would happen in Ohio, but I think we are run by a bunch of softies. oops no pun intended!

Antony
Riding the Bench

Post by Antony »

i think that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment, which is against the Bill of Rights.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

Antony wrote:i think that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment, which is against the Bill of Rights.

what they do to get arrested in the first place is cruel and unusual...moreso than any other crime.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

You recind any and all rights when you hurt a child.......ball peen hammer their junk flat.

Antony
Riding the Bench

Post by Antony »

Brutus8907 wrote:
Antony wrote:i think that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment, which is against the Bill of Rights.

what they do to get arrested in the first place is cruel and unusual...moreso than any other crime.

doesn't matter. It's cruel and unusual punishment. It solves the problem but it doesnt mean it's just.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

You know its cruel and unusual punishment to the babies these perves molest and ruin for life! gee lets pat them little perv's on the head and let them be cause it'd be inhuman to cut off their weenies
and let these babies wonder if pervie is standing around the corner waiting on them gee yeah it is cruel to punish them real smart einstein

Return to “The Off season”