American Idol?

General Chat
RiverRatZap
SEOPS

American Idol?

Post by RiverRatZap »

Now that the 3 contestants who previously had record deals are gone (Kristy Leigh Cook, Michael Johns, and Carly Smithson). Who's you're favorite? I think it will come down to the two Davids.

THE GOVENOR
All State

Re: American Idol?

Post by THE GOVENOR »

I think it will be the two david's also.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Hope it's Cook and not Archuletta. I can't stand him.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

David Cook already has an album also. I think it will come down to the two David's :lol: . I like both and will be pleased if either win but David Archuletta is my honey. :12222 I wasn't a big Carly fan but hated to see her go before Brooke White. I think two do-overs a season should have been enough to send her home especially with this latest one so late in the season.

David Cook's 2006 Album Gets Pulled From Amazon
Wed, 2008-04-23 13:37.
By: Lauren Moraski

A 2006 album from American Idol contestant David Cook was selling well online last week and even became the top-selling set on the Amazon mp3 store. But according to RollingStone.com, Analog Heart has since been taken off Amazon and is now listed as "not available." Although there's no reason given, some people speculate that Cook was placed in the competition by American Idol as a "ringer." Sales of his album were even close to Mariah Carey's release, E=MC2. Others think it my have had to do with Carey's camp wanting to secure the Number One album slot. American Idol had no comment.

Other constants, including Carly Smithson, as well as previous year contenders Chris Sligh and Taylor Hicks, sold pre-Idol CDs on Amazon, but only Cook's was removed.
Last edited by ballparent on Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I think it will come down to the two David's as well. I get semi-annoyed each year when the candidates aren't eliminated in the order they should be eliminated in based on talent. Carly should have been around another couple weeks. At the very least, she was the most talented female contestant. She really rocked out "Jesus Christ Superstar" and I'm amazed that she was eliminated after that performance.

Both Davids nailed their songs from Phantom of the Opera too!

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

ballparent wrote:David Cook already has an album also.

His album was independent though, the other three I mentioned had actual record contracts at one point, which I'm sure they'll get again.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

David Cook has been singing versions of songs that someone other than him arranged. He stood on that stage and let the judges praise him for his originality, when in fact he copied the versions of the songs from another artist. He finally admitted to it a couple of weeks ago. I personally don't like David Cook's song choices but then again I'm a little old fashion. The kid with the dread locks I think is awful but then that just my opinion. He must have a heck of a fan base to have made it through last week as bad as he was. The other David does an excellent job and I like to hear him sing. Maybe it has been his song selections but I really like him. The two ladies that are left, one is very good and the other is very awful. The little blonde should have been gone long ago.

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

Through these links you can listen to the remaining Idol contestants songs. Studio cover recordings, originals, and show performances.

David Cook

David Archuleta

Jason Castro

Syesha Mercado

Brooke White

Enjoy! :-D

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

I have thought for a long time that it would come down to the two Davids and Carly as the final three, but with her gone, I will change it to Syesha and the two Davids. David Cook will be the winner because a girl won last time, so it will be a guy this time, and David Archuleta (who is my favorite ) is too young . :aaaaa5

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

grndma1 wrote:I have thought for a long time that it would come down to the two Davids and Carly as the final three, but with her gone, I will change it to Syesha and the two Davids. David Cook will be the winner because a girl won last time, so it will be a guy this time, and David Archuleta (who is my favorite ) is too young . :aaaaa5

I agree completly Grndma1. David Achuletta is my honey but I feel he will succeed whether he wins or not and being that young he has plenty of time.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Maybe if Brooke White has a lousy night tonight....again, it will be enough to put her out. But who knows this late in the game? I think it's time I start voting. :12222

From Molly Willow's blog in th Columbus Dispatch

Carly goes home on Idol
I did not see that coming. Carly Smithson, the tattooed Irish woman with the huge voice, was sent home. Saving Syesha, who was in the bottom two with her, for another week.
On no level is Carly a lesser singer than some of the folks who remain, including Brooke, Jason and Syesha, even though all have had their moments.
Randy had it right when he said the vote was a bit of a popularity contest. And Simon accurately assessed the situation in saying Brooke's goof made her human and Jason was charming in killing Memory.
Brooke even seemed to feel a little guilty about sticking around.
And she should. She's good, but doesn't deserve to be in the top three like Carly did.
The only thing I can figure is that wholesome Brooke and Jason must have picked up squeaky clean Kristy Lee's votes.
I hereby officially revise my finals prediction: This is going to come down to David and David (and bonus prediction: Ryan will announce the winner by saying "David..........").

Posted by Molly Willow on April 23, 2008 9:56 PM |

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

frankly i can't believe jason castro or brooke survived last week. and i can see syesha as a huge singer right away, though she is always in the bottom of the pack.
my top 4 after the first 2 shows was
david cook-1
david arculetta 2
syesha 3
carly 4
chickeze-5

and 2 of those 3 are gone. i think dave cook will win it all. and syesha, or the other dave as a runner up. carly should still be there, and i think jason castro and brooke should have been gone long ago. jmho. :aaaaa32 :aaaaa32 :aaaaa32 :aaaaa32 :aaaaa32

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

David Cook rocked last night. David Archuletta was good as usual but I just wish he'd lighten up a little and sing a song for a seventeen-year-old. He doesn't always have to be so serious. Brooke's first song was awful, her second was better but I still think she should go before anyone else. I think Syesha will have a great career whather she wins or not. She seems like a natural to be a huge broadway show star. Jason, just isn't like any of the others, he's a folk singer and does well in that genre. And........he has the prettiest eyes.
:aaaaa66
That alone will make a lot of young girls call and vote for him.

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

did you see the opening song tonight? If you would have closed your eyes, you would have thought you were watching a Brady Bunch rerun. Very funny stuff. Also, Neil Diamond week? What the heck? 80% of the people who voted (with or without their dad's permission) have never heard of Neil Diamond.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

I just can't stand the pop sounding stuff. I like people with either a rock vibe or a country edge. The other stuff (archuletta, syesha) just doesn't float my boat.

grizzly
Freshman Team

Post by grizzly »

David Cook or Jason Castro will win. They are the best remaining.

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

Castro is god awful and if he got his face busted up before tuesday, he would go home. this should be called american top model. Cook should easily win, if based on talent.

grizzly
Freshman Team

Post by grizzly »

someoverkill wrote:Castro is god awful and if he got his face busted up before tuesday, he would go home. this should be called american top model. Cook should easily win, if based on talent.

I agree that David Cook is the best and should win. I just think Jason Castro is 2nd. He is way better than Syesha and the other David.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Idol sucks

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Orange and Brown wrote:Idol sucks

What "sucks" to some, is entertainment to others, and what some think is entertainment, may "suck" to others. To each his own. :12222

Return to “The Off season”