Ironton class of 2008

General Chat
ItownHosscat
S

Ironton class of 2008

Post by ItownHosscat »

Congratulations to all the new Graduates,good luck in all you do.
Also a big congrats to Taville Osborne on winng the Shane Jones/Jeff Carty Never Give Up scholarship.

dukiees1
JV Team

Re: Ironton class of 2008

Post by dukiees1 »

Congrats and good luck in the future! That is great to hear about Taville! He is a great kid :)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

good luck to them all.

and GREAT JOB Taville!!!, one of the greates kids you will ever meet.

Im sure yourtigerbait and mrs. Bait are very proud.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

Best wishes to the Class of '08 and congrats to Taville.

A bit of Ironton High trivia for everyone...

we know that enrollment has been on a general downtrend for some time...

there was an item on Channel 13 (the 11 pm news) about the IHS graduation which took place on Sunday, June 8... they said that there were 103 seniors graduating...

anyone want to guess at how many graduated in the Class of '68, just 40 short years ago :( ,which was one of the biggest IHS classes ever (answer below)

Not counting adjustments after the school year ended, there were 206 :!:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i wanted to start a topic about this last night late, but thought it might sound like i was in some way bragging. i'm not by any measure. but in the same respect. i think it is the most special award an ironton high school student can win. me and mrs. bait are so proud of our son winning this award. i was simply awestruck, when they announced his name. he is such a blesiing to have been able to raise. he came to us when he was 4 in foster care , and we adopted him , when he was nearly 6. he and my son cody are great kids. taville is such a hard worker, and always willing to help in any way. such a dedicated student and athlete. he was the smallest on the ironton fighting tigers football team, every year he played. but has a heart as big as ohio. i'm sure there were many kids just as deserving, to to our total shock, they announced taville osborne's name. i would like to thank shawn and patty jones, and the entire jeff/sandy carty family on him winning the 2008 shane jones, jeff carty -NEVER GIVE UP AWARD. jeff was a dear friend of mine as we coached football against each other, and scrimmaged constantly. it was such a blessing to scrimmage his EAGLES TEAM, AS WELL AS THE IRONTON BILLS PROGRAM. i told my kids at rock hill , if we are going to be able to compete with the best, which the ironton teams were. we would scrimmage them both, all we could , to identify with the success of their programs, and build ours the same way. jeff carty was a great friend of mine, as well as a very respected coach, and foe. he will be forever greatly missed.

shane jones , what can i say, his never give up attitude has became a legendary story in these parts, and the ever popular shirt . showing a stork , trying to swallow a frog. as the frog clutches with it's hand around the storks neck. to prevent it from being swallowed. this defines shane as profoundly as it can be stated he fought his disease like a prize fighter the entire time it riddled his young body. and i've heard that some of his last words were of telling his friends to never give up. and stay in church. i only got to know him and his situation a short time before he went to be with the lord. but i hope to see my friends jeff carty, and shane jones again one day in heaven to talk about that scrimmage game we had that day , at rock hill. that was the muddiest conditions, i ever saw. IT WAS GREAT. AS THESE TWO MEN ARE. i very humbly would like to thank the presenters of this award to my youngest son. i did not even realize it was a scholarship, until jeff's wife sandy told me. i was just in awe he had won this award. just a few more brief words about taville. he was also the alternate, for the BLANCHE AND THOMAS HOPE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP AWARD. and only missed 1 day of school , his entire high school career. he missed the day of my mother's funeral. that was the only thing that kept him from perfect attendance and being the co-winner of that great award as well. god bless all involved who made this happen. and i thank god every day , for my wonderful wife and son's. GOD BLESS IRONTON HIGH SCHOOL, FOR HIS 4 YEARS THERE,
SINCERELY --------- TOM OSBORNE(YOU'RE TIGER BAIT) :aaaaa58

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/ch ... giveup.htm

Hope you don't mind your old uncle helping.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Congrats to Taville and the You're Tiger Bait family. What an awesome award to receive.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Congrats to Taville and the Osborne family!

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Congrats to Taville from old RRR. I do want to say one thing about this young man. It doesn't matter where I see him he always gives me a heads up. Bait, you and your wife sure have a fine young man in Taville. Congrats and I'm sure the two people this award is named after, are looking down with a firm approval of this recipient.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Congrats Taville, and now you are officially a member of the OBDTF.........

had I known about your reward when I saw you last week I would have shook your hand..... :!:

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Congrats :aaaaa59 :aaaaa83 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59
:aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THANKS EVERYBODY, AS OLE BAIT IS CRYIN TYPIN THIS. WHAT GREAT PEOPLE ARE NOT ONLY ON THIS SITE, BUT OUR FRIENDS AS WELL. ITOWNHOSSCAT, AND MRS. HOSSCAT, I THINK THE WORLD OF YOU TWO. AS I DID SHANE AND JEFF. I WEAR MY SHIRT ALL THE TIME, AQND STILL HAVE THE HELMET STICKER WITH THE EAGLE ON IT THAT SIMPLY SAYS JEFF. ON THE REAR VIEW MIRROR. IT WILL NEVER BE REMOVED, BECAUSE I SAY JEFF'S SPIRIT KEEPS HER GOING. THE TRUCK OR STICKER WILL NEVER BELONG TO ANOTHER PERSON WHILE I'M ALIVE.

AND TO THE JONES FAMILY , THE MATERIAL PROVIDED TO READ IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISTAKES I'VE MADE TYPING, AS I AM NOW FULL OUT BALLING. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU INVOLVED. WE'VE TRYED TO RAISE OUR KIDS THE WAY WE WERE RAISED. WHATTA TESTIMENT. AND WHAT A WONDERFUL AWARD. MORE SCHOOLS NEED THESE KIND OF SPECIAL PEOPLE.
SINCERELY, STILL IN AWE OF THIS. MR. AND MRS. YTB. :aaaaa58

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:Congrats Taville, and now you are officially a member of the OBDTF.........

had I known about your reward when I saw you last week I would have shook your hand..... :!:

COULDN'T AGREE MORE, Taville is a great kid with always a smile on his face, His determination has helped my son through physical fitness, Plus a lot of ride's home after practice YTB you and your better half done a tremendous job on raising him, I am proud to call him my son's friend, Glad a topic was started on this I was thinking of starting one if no one else did, Was good to see him walk up and be recognized for this award.

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Ditto on all the above for all the grads, but, especially Taville. I have a couple Taville Tales myself, but, will keep them for now. Best wishes to you, you certainly deserve that award! Congrats to Tom and Lisa and the whole Bait family!

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

Congrats to Taville! Good luck with whatever you do in the future.

itownpaw
All Conference

Post by itownpaw »

Congratulations Taville. You are so deserving of this award. Every time I see you, you are so respectful. Congrats again...

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

There he is!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GET A NEW CAMERA OZZIEOHIO. GEESH. :122245

SERIOUSLY MAN, THE RESPONSE OVER HIM WINNING THIS AWARD/SCHOLARSHIP HAS JUST AMAZED ME, THE PHONE CALL, THESES STATEMENTS. I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY. BUT THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS, FOR BLESSING TAVILLE WITH THIS AWARD. :aaaaa58

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I hope you and others on here that are familiar with this award,understand how hard it is to pick 1 deserving child for this award.It ain't an easy task by no means.Theres always the what about this boy or how about this girl.Trust me it is a hard job picking this.He is a good kid and to my knowledge he has always spoken to me or gave me the "whats up" head nod.Again congrats to Taville.

Return to “The Off season”