Wolohan's in Ironton

General Chat
Pocket Aces
S

Wolohan's in Ironton

Post by Pocket Aces »

Maybe I just don't travel 3rd Street enough.....but last night when I drove by, the Wolohan's sign was lit up as if they were back in business. Just seemed more than a little bit of an odd use of electric.

What's next, a little Wood's Furniture Store sighting? James' Ice Ball Stand perhaps?

Or give me a little Shadybrook Restaurant and it's all good.

Come to think of it, a reopening of Goodie's would be pretty sweet also.

85inside
S

Re: Wolohan's in Ironton

Post by 85inside »

Bryan's Fashions may make a comeback on the corner of 3rd and Neal.

How about Mays Donuts at the 2000 block of South 3rd street?

Burger Chef?

How about a nice Wilson A 2000?

Dont even mention Fanny Kizzee's

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

Fanny knew how to deal with kids that went in there!

How about Abner's Carry Out

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I heard Scioto Ribber bought some property in Ironton?

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

What about Rudmann's grocery at the edge of town, that place was handy as heck. I wish the Chiropratic place that went in there would just sell milk and bread......and ice cream. 8)

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

The Ribber has missed the boat for years in ironton. That place would clean up in Ironton. Popster alone, would be there about 5-6 times a week.

What about some Bob's Pizza on Elm street? Or Maybe a cold 8 oz Coke from Richie Ferrel's stors on North 5th and Elm?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

and the Mouse Trap at 2nd and Etna, and the Cabana Club on north 5th, and Bernie Smith's at 2nd and Railroad, and Kelly's at 2nd and Park and finally for tonite the Brass Lantern on south 3rd.....

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Hop in your car, stop by and get a couple dollars worth of gas at The Workingman's Friend..then...off to get a delicious meal at The Hamburger Inn. Afterwards, one can stop at Don Hill's to get some Pepto Bismol to settle down that burger you had. Stop by Baylof's Mkt to pick up a few groceries before you cross the street to get a sunday at The Dairy Cheer..oh...better stop by the Suzie-Q and take home a bag of their famous fries

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

I remember going in Mann's Market, it seemed the older I got, the ceiling got lower and the floor more uneven. And what was the hamburger place on the corner....? was it called Mom's or the Hamburger Inn?, the one that sat caddycorner on Park?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ballparent wrote:I remember going in Mann's Market, it seemed the older I got, the ceiling got lower and the floor more uneven. And what was the hamburger place on the corner....? was it called Mom's or the Hamburger Inn?, the one that sat caddycorner on Park?

I think that was Mom's, the Hamburger Inn was on 2nd street......right where the parking lot is for the drive-in bank........

do you remember the skating rink on the corner of 4th and Park.........used car lot there now I think.....

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Nothing like sending your little brother up the alley between 7th and 8th on Mill to Goldie Schwab's to buy cereal on a Saturday morning! How bout the little store across from the old Ice House above 7th and Lawrence?

TTT: What was the name of that store??

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Isn't it fun to remember the good ole days ? :122245

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

IronTigerMum wrote:Nothing like sending your little brother up the alley between 7th and 8th on Mill to Goldie Schwab's to buy cereal on a Saturday morning! How bout the little store across from the old Ice House above 7th and Lawrence?

TTT: What was the name of that store??

Annie Cannon's store and the Riedel family lived next door................

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Can anyone tell me the name of the roast beef place at 7th and Park? Before it became Giovannis and after it was Borden Burger, there used to be a place there that sold roast beef sandwiches, I think. Any help Turkey?

Hosscat, Are we swinging by Gambino's Pizza after the game on Friday or will it be Anderson's Pub?

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:Annie Cannon's store and the Riedel family lived next door................

I remember getting beaten up and having my baseball cards taken after buying them at Cannon's. Good times, good times. :roll:

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

How about getting an ice ball at Smitty's on 6th and Oak?

What was the name of the little store on 6th and Kemp? Mom used to go to their meat counter quite often.

Don't forget about a nice dinner at Stones. Wasn't that at 2nd and Park?

Der_Kommissar1968
JV Team

Post by Der_Kommissar1968 »

Stone's could rustle up a mean t-bone steak for you, even at 1:00 a.m. on a Friday night.

Is the T & H still around?

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

How about Dilley's Grocery on 11th and Latonia and Bodmer's Grocery at 9th and Vine. The old roller skating rink at 4th and Park used to be an A & P Store or Krogers at one time. There was no better place to eat than Kline's on Center Street and how about Mr Dressell's stand on third street next to the shoe shine parlor. You could smell that popcorn for blocks. The best carmel corn ever made anywhere. I remember Clyde Nelson worked in the shoe shine parlor now he rides a Harley. LOL Kitchen Cook Potato chips at 11th and Vine had the best chips ever made. Heighton's Bakery on 8th St. had fresh bread every day. We would buy a hot loaf and take it to Harold Cox's Grocery at 9th and Kemp and Harold would supply the butter. Man was that ever good eating. Martin's Grocery at 7th and Walnut was another mom and pop store.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

X's & O'S, I am sorry, do you want your cards back? :)

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:X's & O'S, I am sorry, do you want your cards back? :)

Dutch, he shouldn't have been in Irishtown in the first place, he is lucky they didn't take his pants and make him streak up 7th street.......

Return to “The Off season”