Varsity

1 West Union
2 Manchester
3 Peebles

Junior High

1 West Union
2 Manchester
3 North Adams

Congrats to West Union on a clean sweep...GO DRAGONS!!!

indiangirl
Waterboy

Re: SHL COMPETITION

Post by indiangirl »

Actually, the SHL cheerleading results are:

Varsity

1. West Union
2. Peebles
3. North Adams

It was discovered, after the awards ceremony, that there was an error in the scoring process, and the points were miscalculated. Once they double-checked the scores, the actual places were announced. Of course, by that time all of the crowd had left, but the coaches and cheerleaders were still there to hear the official results.

WAY TO GO PEEBLES!!!

cheerfanindians86
Waterboy

Re: SHL COMPETITION

Post by cheerfanindians86 »

As the mother of a daughter who in the past played basketball and cheered, I know firsthand the HOURS that cheerleaders have dedicated to practice. It is very comparable to the time spent with practices in basketball. These girls have a tremendous amount of stamina as well as mental and physical stength. In this respect, I think cheerleading should be considered a sport.

I would also like to say that I attended the SHL competition and I congratulate all of the young women who competed that day. I know that I will probably offend someone with this next comment, but I was particularly proud of all of the squads from Adams County (Yes, I am biased - I admit). I thought the performance of the squads from Adams County was particularly exceptional. WAY TO GO GIRLS!!

On one last comment, I need to acknowledge the advisors of all squads. These individuals dedicate a tremendous amount of time in supporting these young women. It's obviously not about the pay, they are dedicated to the sport and girls.

Return to “The Off season”