Scott Jones trial

General Chat
wemufans
All Conference

Scott Jones trial

Post by wemufans »

Whatever happened with his trial? Did it ever take place or was it another delay?

85inside
S

Re: Scott Jones trial

Post by 85inside »

I dont think there will be a trial.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Why no trial? Did he decide to plead or are they dropping the charges?

jbl
Waterboy

Post by jbl »

http://irontontribune.com/news/2009/jan ... edy-trial/

I wonder how long he can put this off? It seems like if he is innocent as he says he is, he'd want his day in court and be cleared as soon as possible. But maybe this makes his chances better for a plea bargain (just in case he's not so innocent).

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

And perhaps more likely that his victims (alleged) might be willing to accept the terms of his plea deal and agree to not pursue any further. I can't imagine how hard this has been on them and their families.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Too bad the Tribune disabled the comments before I got home from work to get on the computer. I would like to have read what was said. Although I do believe in innocent until proven guilty. Didn't he look really deviant in that picture! Kinda like this :twisted: That sure didn't help his cause! :oops:

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Effing gross.

I understand the families possibly wanting the trial over (sans testifying), but still.

DISGUSTING.

Brings to mind a quote from the classic thriller "Presumed Innocent"....

Was justice served today, Rusty?

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Civil Lawsuits coming? Happened on school property? Already admitted guilt. Shouldnt be hard to prove in civil court.

I agree, being guilty of this crime, a prison term should have followed. However, I would never try to put myself in this families shoes.

jbl
Waterboy

Post by jbl »

Both the girls have at least one parent who is a teacher in the district. They trusted Scott as a teacher for their children and as a co-worker. He worked side-by-side with one of those parents every day. He betrayed their trust and destroyed their daughters' innocence. He "groomed" the girls and made them trust him and believe in him--and then he used them. If you read the article in the paper, part of the deal he got includes paying over $6000 (unless he can weasel out of that--read what Randy Lambert said about it) for counseling for the younger of his victims. Her life will never be the same. I believe that the plea agreement was reached so that she would not have to testify--and be grilled by his attorneys--in court. I feel deeply for the two girls who came forward--and for those who haven't. I don't for a minute believe they were his only victims. I also feel sorry for his mother, sister, and wife. How horrible for them to have to face what kind of person he really is.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Good post JBL.
And what's sad he will probably move out of state.... he does have a degree in music, take a job in a music store selling instuments, etc....since that's his background....and unless the store as a system in place where they do a complete background check....then before you know it he will be giving private lessons to some innocent little girl....more than likely in a soundproof room.
I'm curious since he has to register as a sexual offender will he be allowed to live or even be around any of the four children he adopted probably during the time he was committing the offenses for which he has been charged. Coincidence :? ....I think not. The charge of sexual predator would have been more fitting.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

RedmenPirate wrote:It takes a heck of a lot of guts for those girls to come forward so he never does this again. I think everyone (especially those they thought were their friends and fellow students) owe each of the victims an apology. They have no idea what these girls have been through. People like them is exactly why more victims don't come forward in this situation. Boy, all those people who just KNEW he didn't do it probably feel pretty stupid today!

Unfortunately support is often given more to the abuser than the victim as evident by the fact that Mr. Jones church still has him listed on staff or if he has resigned or been removed they are not considerate enough to remove him from their staff page. They should also place his victims on their prayer list.
I'm sure Rock Hill employees would appreciate them removing from his bio info that he still is an employee of their district.

http://www.westmorelandumc.com/

Here's the church link...click on the staff link on the top.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

ballparent wrote:Unfortunately support is often given more to the abuser than the victim as evident by the fact that Mr. Jones church still has him listed on staff or if he has resigned or been removed they are not considerate enough to remove him from their staff page. They should also place his victims on their prayer list.
I'm sure Rock Hill employees would appreciate them removing from his bio info that he still is an employee of their district.

http://www.westmorelandumc.com/

Here's the church link...click on the staff link on the top.

Scott Jones is an exceptional musician. He has put together a collection of songs on his own CD.

In his own words:

This project is dedicated to my father, Ronald Jones; grandfather, Harvey Ratliff and grandmother, Clarice Jones who have all gone on to be with the Lord. Their dedication to God's music and to the church is what inspired me to learn to play the piano in the first place. My father, grandmother and grandfather, no doubt, would be very proud of me. I thank God most importantly for the talents He has given me and I feel it is my duty to tell others, through music, how wonderful it is to serve Him.
You can still purchase Scott's CD, Church Favorites. This album is a collection of gospel and patriotic hymns. Scott has added his own piano arrangements to these old favorites making them more fun and exciting than ever. This is Scott's first published work and he is currently working on his next CD.

Click below to listen to Scott's arrangement of I'll Fly Away:

This arrangement is copyrighted and may not be reproduced without the consent of Scott Jones

I just threw up in my mouth.

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

Maybe that church should add the following link to that heart-warming bio...

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdeta ... cyID=53956

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

open hearts....open minds....a little over the top if you ask me. I am hoping the church is just tardy in removing him from staff. I dont believe the church should turn their backs to Scott, as he needs the Lord more than ever. however, a staff position should not be included.

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

85inside wrote:I dont believe the church should turn their backs to Scott, as he needs the Lord more than ever. however, a staff position should not be included.

Exactly.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Couldn't find the staff page on the church website I think they took it off.

henrysteele wrote:
85inside wrote:I dont believe the church should turn their backs to Scott, as he needs the Lord more than ever. however, a staff position should not be included.

Exactly.

He needs church more than ever. But I also agree he should not have a leadership role whatsoever! I feel for his wife and kids!. NOt to mention his Mother and siblings!

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Not yet...go to the Contact Us link at the top of page and then click on the Staff link on the left. They've just hidden it a little better from the public. I wonder if they're donating the funds that they're helping him raise to pay for counseling for his victims. And if you look at their prayer list you see they have his family listed but ignore his victims. Too much of an open mind if you ask me.
Last edited by ballparent on Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

I agree with you in the leadership situation. I think too many churches are guilty of putting people in the pulpit who have deception and worse in their past. God can change lives. God can and does forgive. However, a huge part of winning today's society involves trust in your leadership. Men and Women who have theft, sex crimes and adultery in their past should be given forgiveness. However, staff positions, in my opinion should be off limits. Active in the church? Personal soul winning and outreach? Absolutely. Paid staff positions for people who steal millions of dollars by deception, molest children or openly cheat on their wife and kids? I don't think so. Forgiven people can be used by God in ministry. I just dont think they should have their "face on the church."

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

ballparent wrote:Not yet...go to the Contact Us link at the top of page and then click on the Staff link on the left. They've just hidden it a little better from the public. I wonder if they're donating the funds that they're helping him raise to pay for counseling for his victims. And if you look at their prayer list you see thay have his family listed but ignore his victims. Too much of an open mind if you ask me.

You are right he is still on there. I expect that will taken off as well. They probably have someone doing their web page who forgot about that part of it. :oops:

Return to “The Off season”