HOW MANY WERE WITHOUT ELECTRIC ON HERE.

General Chat
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

HOW MANY WERE WITHOUT ELECTRIC ON HERE.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WE WERE OUT RIGHT AT 2-1/2 DAYS. HAD KEROSENE HEATERS GOING. FOOD IN OUR VEHICLES AND IN THE SNOW IN CONTAINERS , WE GOT 34 STRAIGHT HOURS OF ICE. TREES WERE DOWN ALL OVER LINES HERE VERY WHERE. HAD TO GET OUT IN IT TO GO TO IRONTON TO GET KEROSENE. EERILY LOOKED LIKE THE LAST ICE STORM, AS FAR AS AFTERAFFECTS. BUT I CHERISH THESE TIMES , WHEN THE WHOLE FAMILY IS STUCK IN THE HOUSE, NO PHONES , NO ELECTRIC, NO ELECTRONICS. JUST THE FAMILY ALL TOGETHER TALKING.TRY IT SOME DAY. TURN OFF YOUR PHONE , ELECTRIC, AND EVERYTHING ELSE. GET OUT SOME FLASHLIGHTS, CANDLES, OIL LAMPS, AND KEROSENE HEATERS, PUT YOUR FOOD OUTSIDE. AND SPEND SOME QUALITY FAMILY TIME.

KINDA ANTI CLIMACTIC. WHEN THE ELECTRIC COMES BACK ON. :-D

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: HOW MANY WERE WITHOUT ELECTRIC ON HERE.

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Mine was out from 2:30 am Weds morning until around 8:00 am that same morning and then it flashed off and on most of the day.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Knock on wood.... we have had power here all week.
I remember that ice storm of 2003 all to well. No power for 9 days.

Wife and I just got back from her parents house near Mudsoc. They have been without power since about 1:00 yesterday afternoon. Phone had been out since sometime yesterday morning/Tuesday night. Right after we left their phone service was restored.

VC FAN
Waterboy

Post by VC FAN »

Here in southern VC the power went out Wednesday morning around 1am,finally came back on Thursday around 12 noon.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

Thank goodness my electric has been on but last week the Mouth family was without water. We had some frozen and then busted pipes. Thank you Mom and Dad for the hot showers and place to wash some dishes. I too like it when my children turn off all the electronics, Bait. Nothing like good old fashion fun.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

We still don't have any electric or phone service out in the hollow. Said it might be Saturday before it is back on. We dodged downed trees and made it into town today. I will be at cheergurls house till the power comes back on.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

We have been very fortunate.. Had power the whole time during the ice storm of "03".. In fact, we opened our home to 4 or 5 families that didn't have power..

We have had power so far during this one.. My son, brother, niece and a lot of friends are without power.. The invitation is the same...

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

AEP estimates Athens County to be without power until 8 pm Saturday night.

Weather forcast says Friday night could drop to single digits!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Butcherman has been without electric since yesterday...finally came over today for awhile but they insist on staying at their house... Was told it could be as late as midnight Friday before they get it back..

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

bait, I dont know about the rest of them.

but I dont think , I am going to cut my power,and live in the old days, ,,and if I did, I know I wouldnt go as far as carring all the food to the cars :122246 :lol: :lol: .

they say food can stay fresh up to 6 hours in the fridge with no power,and I would prob only last 30 minutes on this test, so the food would be safe 8) 8) :mrgreen:

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

hammerdown wrote:Image bait their worth every penny. ;-)

I agree. I purchased mine back in the 03 ice storm when we were without electric for 11 days.

This time, it went off late Tues night and is still off. Water had been off for about 38 hours but is now back on. Running on generator now.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

We have been lucky this time around being the power only went out for a few moments.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

My power went out around 2:30 Wed morning. Ilive between McArthur and Zaleski. thank GOD we have a fireplace. I wouldnt want to do it all the time but I have to say it was nice with everybody all in the family room around the fire. Before I started the fire, I put a small metal cookie tray in the bottom of the fireplace. It made it real easy to get rid of alot of the extra embers and ashes, plus it allowed us to be able to use the fireplace for some limited cooking. Our biggest problem is that we are on a well. We had to gather snow and melt it in a pot by the fire for various uses. Fortunatly, Mom , in Wellston, had power so we took turns going there to get a shower. Power finally came back on at 7:15 this evening.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

We still don't have power and neither does my brother who lives a couple of miles from Wilkesville. When it was reported, we were told it would be on Friday or Saturday. Now the TV is showing some places in southeast Ohio could be up to 6 more days without power. Hope it isn't either of us.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

WOW,,,6 more days??

hope its not you either g1

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

mine just came up around seven

had been off from Wednesday night

Shazbot
Freshman Team

Post by Shazbot »

We were down from just after 6AM on Wednesday until 5ish PM on Friday. Still no power starting two houses up from here.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

My sister still doesn't have juice--four days now

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Power went out here 11:00am Wednesday and didn't come back on until 6:30 pm last night. We used a kerosene heater and blocked off part of the house while the kids slept in the living room. Ran the generator twice a day to run the fridges and freezer and to watch some tv in the evenings.

The thing that I really hate when the power is off for a while is not being able to take a hot shower and wash dishes and clothes.

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

We are lucky that our home is wired to use a Generator. We have several plug ins in our home that run off our generator. The plug ins that are connected to the generator, are brown. So we can plug in our frig, and blower to the furnace. Comes in pretty handy.

My sister who lives in Paducha Ky, still has no heat, and probably won't....she doesn't care. She is more worried about her horses. She trains harness racing horses, and has several of her own, and as long as they are doing ok, she is happy!

Return to “The Off season”