FIVE MILLION RECEIVING UNEMPLOYED BENEFITS

General Chat
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

FIVE MILLION RECEIVING UNEMPLOYED BENEFITS

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I POST THIS SAD NEWS ONLY BECAUSE CERTAIN POSTERS SEEM TO THINK THINGS ARE BETTER THAN WHAT THEY ARE.

Source-C.N.N.

Bassmaster
S

Re: FIVE MILLION RECEIVING UNEMPLOYED BENEFITS

Post by Bassmaster »

I don't know who the "certain posters" you are referring to are but for your information I am unemployed also. If you are referring to some of my remarks concerning the negative news media, my remarks still stand. There are still a lot of people that are doing very well in spite of what the news media says. Sorry you can't grasp that concept. If daily posting of the unemployment figures, rising gas prices, and companies going belly up does something for you then have at it :!: :lol:

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I'm employed, so is my wife. In fact not one single person in my family
is unemployed. 90%of them have jobs that are not, nor ever have been
in a risk of being lost. We travel when an where we want, we pay the same for gas as
everyone else. Once a week we go grocery shopping, primarily at Kroger,
we get what we need to eat. We go to the movies, have great fun with friends,
and not one time have we ever complained about the tough times.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that our combined yearly income is only $40,000.
My wife has to have doctors visits, scans, and treatments for cancer.
We have a $700 rent payment and a 300 monthly car payment, along with
other bills.

Are things ideal, no. Are they great, yes. Why?
Because I have a loving family, a means to provide for them, and friends
to celebrate life with.

If you think times are tough and life is hard, maybe you should examine why,
and find a way to make you own life better.

I don't feal sorry for those in troubled times, they have either brought it on
themselves through greed, living outside their means, or just can't
bring themselves to be happy regardless of what life has given them.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

seofan....way to go :!: That's what I'm talking about right there....living your life and not letting the negs get you down :!: Carry on :!: ;-)

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

All he is saying is be careful...things are getting worse, and just because u have a job now, doesn't mean it will be there tommorrow............ :12224

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Things aren't getting worse for me

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I guess it just depends on your outlook. I see things as getting better every day, but that's just the way I roll and it has a lot to do with who I serve. ;-)

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

I am happy for you. But please don't generalize just because you personally are doing better .....that doesn't mean other people are not hurting. I am sure Geo. W. is doing good but that doesn't mean squat either............ :12224

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

No generalization here. I know lots of people that are hurting and I also know lots of people that are winning and doing very well. ;-)

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

seofan_via_dublin quote:
Are things ideal, no. Are they great, yes. Why?
Because I have a loving family, a means to provide for them, and friends
to celebrate life with.

If you think times are tough and life is hard, maybe you should examine why,
and find a way to make you own life better.

I don't feal sorry for those in troubled times, they have either brought it on
themselves through greed, living outside their means, or just can't
bring themselves to be happy regardless of what life has given them.

Good post, this is the key to whatever situation you're in. And please, NCF, things aren't that bad since you are still blessed with internet and can spend hours posting useless posts on multiple chat boards. How about using your down time in a little more productive way to help those that are really hurting at a local homeless shelter, a women's crisis center, children's home, or animal shelter. At least you'd be out there to make contacts. Or since you blame the Republicans and Bush for all your woes, start volunteering with your local Democratic party, once again, you'd be out there to make contacts.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I take it this is things you do in your own life.
Or are you one of those non-working people who lives off of another.

Me being laid off is temp being a mooch is forever.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

1.Use common sense and be considerate and respectful toward all users.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I take it this is things you do in your own life.
Or are you one of those non-working people who lives off of another.

Me being laid off is temp being a mooch is forever.

Volunteering? Yes, indeed, in fact I'm a leader of a teen volunteer group.
Non-worker? Nope, had goals early on in life with what I wanted to do, worked hard and got a degree for a secure profession while starting a family, growing closer to retirement and love my life.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:1.Use common sense and be considerate and respectful toward all users.

Respect works both ways. The fact that I encourage you to use your down-time in a productive way is not dis-respectful especially since you're very open with the activities you are doing, including watching a lot of TV both on the TV but online programs, posting an incredible number of posts on various boards, surfing several internet music sites, and being very dis-respectful to other posters by flooding the chat forums with your "I am in a bad way and the rest of the world is too' threads.
Life is what you make of it.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I just read an article that says that Obama is getting ready to send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan so that will cut down on the unemployment numbers. I know of two young men myself who have been activated and have gotten word that they are to deploy in June

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

That will lower the number to 4,970,000 :!: ;-)

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

kantuckyII wrote:I just read an article that says that Obama is getting ready to send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan so that will cut down on the unemployment numbers. I know of two young men myself who have been activated and have gotten word that they are to deploy in June

I cetainly hope and pray they have a safe deployment. I thank them for volunteering in our nation's military and helping to protect the freedoms that I and others enjoy.
My son-in-law will be returning stateside on February 23rd and home to our family March 5th. He has served our country well and we are very proud.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

As I do too but..I think we just probably should get the heck out of there. We cannot win that war there..or at least, I don't believe we are willing to pay the price to do so. Russia tried and then walked away...leaving 15,000 of their men dead in that country.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

kantuckyII wrote:As I do too but..I think we just probably should get the heck out of there. We cannot win that war there..or at least, I don't believe we are willing to pay the price to do so. Russia tried and then walked away...leaving 15,000 of their men dead in that country.

I disagree. Afghanistan is a breeding ground for terrorists. We're not talking about a "win" here or an attempt to bring peace among tribal lines, but our military presence in this country acts as a deterrent to increased terrorist control and power. And exactly who do you refer to as the "we" in this quote:
I don't believe we are willing to pay the price to do so
, since the majority of our country's citizens have supported two presidents (both Republican and Democrat) that not only sent troops into Afghanistan but continue to support the cause, and were elected to make these decisions for us, or at least the majority of our nation felt they should do so. As for the lives lost, the fact that we are operating under a totally volunteer military force, a force fully aware of the risks they might encounter lends to the thought that they indeed feel it's a cause that will help protect out nation.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, right now, they are getting NO support from us. Our president has not spoken to their's since he took office! Again, I do not believe America will be willing to pay the price and it's going to be deep and I'm not talking about money (although, money will be a huge part of it). Remember, many people who voted for The One actually thought he was going to bring back home all the troops

Return to “The Off season”