Buying premium gasoline

General Chat
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Buying premium gasoline

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Buying premium gasoline when your owner's manual says regular is fine. If your owner's manual doesn't recommend premium, you're wasting your money if you use it. In fact, because it's harder to ignite, the higher-octane gas could make your car harder to start and cause it to run less smoothly, especially in cold weather.

Bassmaster
S

Re: Buying premium gasoline

Post by Bassmaster »

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

my in-laws 06 chevy 2500 recommends premium and it will not run on the other stuff... I never use it unless the station runs out of the other stuff and offers the premium at regular price :122245

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

I have a 91 Mercury Grand Marquis "Florida Addition" that I bought off of a township trustee that I have known for 30 years. He bought the car brand new. I bought it from him in March 2007.

He always ran the high octane gas in it from the day he bought the car new until the day he sold it to me. I tried running the cheap stuff in it, but it wanted to ping and did not seem to have the power that it had with the other grades. I guess the car got use to what he always put in it.

I run the medium grade in it from mid spring to mid fall. Then back to the high stuff during the colder months. I have not had a problem with it starting at all.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I always make sure I use winter gas and summer gas

April and October

Return to “The Off season”