General Chat
orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Fast food on your menu today read this first

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

this is scary !!!!!!!!!!

New Fast-Food Calorie Violators
Posted Tue, Jul 28, 2009, 3:00 pm PDT

Check out these CRAZY-HIGH-CALORIE new fast foods we found. Hungry Girl WARNING: Avoid these fatty foes at all costs!

Burger King - Steakhouse Burger
950 calories, 59g fat, and 55g carbs!

You may as well have an actual steak if you're going to consume this many calories! Why is this burger so insanely fatty? Well there's the 368-calorie, 29-gram-of-fat patty, mayo, two slices of cheese, and a HUGE pile of fried onions... all on a massive doughy bun. NOT WORTH IT.

Carl's Jr. - The Kentucky Bourbon Six-Dollar Burger
970 calories, 49g fat, and 81g carbs!

You know that annoying ad campaign with the surgeon who thinks about bourbon all day long? Yeah, it's funny, but the idea of a medical professional (actor or not) chowing down this monster burger makes us cringe a little. A single sandwich with nearly 1,000 calories is soooo wrong. And not in that "so wrong it's right" kinda way. It's just wrong.

Jack in the Box - Mini Sirloin Burgers
748 calories, 29g fat, and 77g carbs!

For those of you wandering around singing, "Yippee-ai-ay, Mini Sirloin Burgers!" to yourself, you're not alone. But DON'T be seduced into chewing on these teeny burger-ettes. Sure, you get three of them, but they're REALLY little, so you're probably going to want fries and a soda with 'em. You're better off riding into the sunset with a Chicken Fajita Pita (328 calories and 10g fat).

Wendy's - Coffee Toffee Twisted Frosty
540 calories, 20g fat, and 83g carbs!

If the thought of adding coffee syrup to a Wendy's Frosty is enough to send you into a full-on swoon, brace yourself. And if your dreams are speckled with chocolate-covered toffee bits, prepare to pinch yourself. As good as this all sounds, it comes with a hefty price tag. This shake has more calories than the Triple Stack burger, which has three beef patties and three pieces of cheese. Fantasy OVER.

Taco Bell - Volcano Box
1,380 calories, 76g fat, and 133g carbs!

Why does this box need to exist? Does ANYONE need to eat a meal that consists of a double-beef burrito, two tacos, and a pack of Cinnamon Twists?! Do yourself a favor and stick to the Fresco Menu at The Bell, and don't consume most of your calories for the day in a single meal!
http://food.yahoo.com/blog/hungrygirl/2 ... violators/

caglewis
SEOP

Re: Fast food on your menu today read this first

Post by caglewis »

The problem isn't so much with these high fat/high carb fast-food choices existing - it's that "fast-food" has become the "default" menu and meal-planning choice for "what's for dinner/supper", and people eat like this on a daily basis. I can't imagine affording that. Does no one cook anymore??
I know this will sound like "walked miles to school in snow, uphill both ways", but my kids and I used to decide together a couple of weeks worth of menu choices. I made my grocery list to include all the required ingredients; got the groceries when I got paid, fixed the meals, and made them last. Eating out anywhere - whether a fast-food sandwich or ordering a pizza - was a rare treat not a routine.
We all have favorite - very fattening high fat/high carb - menus, recipes and purchased food choices. The trick is limiting/controlling "portion size" and "frequency-of-consumption". NOT EASY
AND REMEMBER - If it's REALLY GOOD, it's probably either illegal, immoral, fattening or all 3!!
And "being a good parent" means you must never, ever allow your child to eat this food. GOT IT???

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

unfortunately right now my youngest son who has a texture problem with foods( for example he use to love jello but now jello is funny in his mouth as he puts it and no longer eats it) is only eating chicken nuggets and burgers he will not eat home cooked food I oblige only because at this point its the ONLY thing he will eat.... he has lost about 10lbs since our new phase has started about 2 months ago...do I want to feed him this ??????? NO but to make life easier for him and cause him not to have a meltdown I allow him to eat out...

but due to my life style change I am cooking more and our fast food days are cut short and down....

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

And "being a good parent" means you must never, ever allow your child to eat this food. GOT IT???

There is a lot more to "being a good parent" than whether you allow them to consume an occasional Happy Meal or not...??? :? And a bit presumptuous to call those that do "bad parents". Today's parents are bombarded with society's evils and the responsibility of steering their children in the right direction and thankfully our restaurants today have given parents a few more choices than the usual burger and fries. My grandkids love to have the apple slices and always drink milk with their take-out fare. But, I worry more that they are emotionally fed....that they know joy, that they are loved unconditionally, and rejoice in the beauty of the world and enjoy what nature has given them.
There is no set mold on how "to be a good parent" and all of us do the best we can, and a family night at the local McDonald's and time spent in the Playplace :-D may be a good choice if it's quality time spent together that may reach far deeper in the child's life than the effects of the cheeseburger. ONB is doing what works with her son, and the choices she makes at this time for him may be different than the choices she makes for herself when dieting.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Glad the fast food is 99.9% out of my life.

I will have a grilled chicken sand(no mayo)or some type of grilled chicken sald with low fat or fat free dressing.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Sonic has a grilled chicken sandwich on a wheat bun that WW people can have for 5 points I get it minus the mayo and have them put tomato pickle and mustard on it YUMMY.. Its amazing what I can find when forced to eat out.. .

thanks ballparent for your kind words :122245

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

ballparent - I was being ironic/sarcastic, not critical. "It's either illegal, immoral, fattening or bad-parenting" - meaning having the feeling that "you just can't win - whatever you choose or do, there's something wrong with it" - something every parent probably feels and not only about food choices.
I added that last line to my previous post after hearing that the mother of an extremely obese 10 [?] yr old might be charged with "child endangerment" for "allowing him" to become so heavy. She would have been charged if she had starved him, but charging her the same for doing the opposite is new.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:Sonic has a grilled chicken sandwich on a wheat bun that WW people can have for 5 points I get it minus the mayo and have them put tomato pickle and mustard on it YUMMY.. Its amazing what I can find when forced to eat out.. .

thanks ballparent for your kind words :122245

I rarely eat out, but I have had no problem in different places ordering a sandwich "without the bun". Subway was kind of the first place to offer routinely to turn the contents of a "sandwich" into a "salad" minus the bread and let you choose whether or not to include dressings and cheese.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

well my youngest will be off to the doc he is losing weight and eating "bad" foods.. not sure what is going on.. I am concerned...

i just thought this was a really important topic to make people aware of what they are consuming.. FIDO was shocked when I told him how many calories were in that yummy salad we both love from Taco Bell.. it scared the bejeeves out of me not sure that is a word but its one we use here... and we both thought we were doing something healthy due to it being a "salad" beware of the wildfire salad at Bob Evans also its full of calories also!!!!

Return to “The Off season”