Why...

General Chat
Philos_Finest
All Conference

Why...

Post by Philos_Finest »

...does every thread in "Chat" become a pissing contest of religion? No offense to 2cents or Tuck but, it gets very old trying to read a thread where all there is, is arguing of the same stuff on every thread. I'm sure I'm not the only person on here that feels this way & I think it would be a very beneficial to this forum for this to stop. At the least, make a separate forum(again) for this type of talk. I know some people will say "if you don't like it, don't read", well, I have tried but it is on the majority of the threads.

Maybe someone will see this before it gets deleted.

my2cents
S

Re: Why...

Post by my2cents »

Well, my reason behind it is this, if you want to say here is what I think, or here is my beliefs on this, I have no problem. But when you purposely misquote scientific research or the Bible to try and make your arguement, I will point it out. A lot of peopel believe everything the read on the internet because it is in print and they think if it is in print, then it must be true. If you think I am exaggerating, think about how many times you have gotten emails that tell you "Bill Gates is giving money away on a beta test" or "Past this on to 12 people and you will have good luck". I got an email from a high school science teacher telling me that Mars would appear in our night sky as big as the moon, because that was the internet news story that got spread around a few years ago when Mars made it's closest pass to the Earth. At that point I felt it is my job to point out and correct any lies or distortions. So when I see someone like Tuck or Fuzzhead stretching the truth of bending facts, I have to set them straight.

ps. If you read the threads, I hope you at least notice that I am only responding to others. They have been spewing this nonsense on here for years.
Last edited by my2cents on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Its about to stop. ;-)

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Ozzie, good to hear.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

I agree, it's the same few posters who start the political and religious threads, just to get a rise out of people. I guess I am part of the problem because I can't just let it go.

Just read the thread titles on the first 2 pages of chat and see who starts them.

"Which would you rather win" An obvious political slam of NPP winners comparing the prize to a Chia head.

"Sacrilege - Urinating On Christ Painting - Not Funny! " - Purely religious divisiveness aimed at Jews and completely stated out of context (watch the clip)

"Dinosuar Tissue" - Starts with scientific discovery, then misquotes the reasearch to start religious arguement. (Again, watch the clip)

"Murdered by Muslim Terrorist" - Started out with multiple post about suicide bombing, but denegreated by the poster to religion and politics.

"Great depressions don't repeat, but they do rhyme" This poster is usually not involved in the back and forth and this post started out as economics, but is now purely political cartoons. (which should be noted, political cartoons and jokes are tolerated if they are about "you know who")

So, again, I may be wrong in debating with these posters, but as we all like to say, there are kids who get on here and read these post. So do we sit by and let people post half-truths and not point them out. This has been going on way before I got on this site. Maybe the ban of political material should be more strongly enforced and carry over to religious subjects that are purely divisive.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Its about to stop. ;-)

How? nothing has worked so far, and it gets to the point of If you can't stop them then join in the argument. but it really is tiresome reading the same argument in every thread. and having the SAME types of threads posted over and over (different title, same subject).

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

So the "no politics" doesn't apply to you? Or it's just okay if your making fun of Obama?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Tobias is the most knowlegeable poster on this site as far as economics is concerned. He makes good points and nothing he posts is in bad taste. Big deal.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

It's like arguing with children Tobias...why bother?

toast
All State

Post by toast »

So are we allowed to discuss "politics" on the chat forum?

Cartoon editorials related to President Obama are clearly political. It doesn't matter whether they are disrespectful or distasteful..... they are political in nature.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I don't have a problem with Tobias having his economic thread, he is prob. the only one on here who really understands it and he keeps it all in one thread.

He is not starting thread after thread making it seem like he is staying away from politics on to turn it political and/ir religions complaining about the same thing over and over

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

FIDO wrote:I can understand why many don't want to discuss the runaway national debt and deficit. It has quadrupled under this admin and that's not taking into account the socializing of medical care. Also, the economy has lost over 4 million jobs since he signed the stimulus package. The only thing that was stimulated was his friends pockets he lined from the election. In other words, political payback at the expense of taxpayers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't hear any complaints when Tobias was doing the same to Bush, on the chat forum. Ya'll thought it was ole so true and funny! Turnabout is fair............

Two things FIDO,
#1, Why is everything you say always followed with the phrase "Under this administration". The guy has only been in office a year. I know politics is taboo so I will leave it at that.

#2 There were no complaints when Tobias was doing the same thing to Bush, because Politics were allowed then.

All I am saying if there is no politics allowed then the Obama cartoons should be taken down. Or if you cared to follow the rules of the site, never even posted. The economic post are fine and allowed as far as I can tell.

As for Tuck telling anyone that it's like argueing with children.............................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Obama goin' get a spankin' Too funny!

"I think there will be some disillusionment within his base," said Paul Kawika Martin, political director for Peace Action, a grassroots organization, who added that thousands of activists are planning to protest following the president's announcement.

"We're going to spank him for sending more troops," he told FoxNews.com, adding that they may also "thank him" if he announces a quick exit strategy.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

FIDO, not to start anything, but thenat'l debt went from about 3 trill to about 10 trill under lil w, now it sets around a 11 to 12 trillion...it did quadrupal, but under lil w......................But I agree with ya about Kennedy........... :12224

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

The mood of our country is being dictated by talking heads othe than our own.....thats the problem.............turn of hannity, beck limbaugh, olberman and maddow and read for yourself................... :12224

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

here's one for ya.........think of what we could do with just have that money per year....oh I don't know, maybe have health care paid for.................. :122246 ...................... :12224

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... ending.htm

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Well, I for one, would like to thank GOD that religion and/or politics has not come up in this thread. :razz:

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

before too long this forum will have 3 posters discussing the finer points of fine tuning a fiddle fart. GROW UP YOU BUNCH OF CRYBABIES !!!!!!!!!! GEEZ . I'm all for an UNMODERATED , ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK , DON"T EVEN THINK OF CONTACTING THE MOD"S , POLITICAL AND RELIGIOUS FORUM ! SEOP (aside from sports) is BORING AS ALL GET OUT ! FREE SPEECH TO ALL !

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Thank God for that!.... ;-) ............... :12224

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

ManitouDan wrote:before too long this forum will have 3 posters discussing the finer points of fine tuning a fiddle fart. GROW UP YOU BUNCH OF CRYBABIES !!!!!!!!!! GEEZ . I'm all for an UNMODERATED , ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK , DON"T EVEN THINK OF CONTACTING THE MOD"S , POLITICAL AND RELIGIOUS FORUM ! SEOP (aside from sports) is BORING AS ALL GET OUT ! FREE SPEECH TO ALL !

Yea baby what Big Dan said,every man(or woman) for himself and no holds barred. No "vactions" if you disagree with a lunatic,no threatening pms if you happen to" blaspheme". Just go at it. Love the idea big dan but it'll never happen. While a lot of business is done on a golf course a lot is taken care of here from the fishin' hole.

Return to “The Off season”