Peta again???

General Chat
farmer
SEOP

Peta again???

Post by farmer »

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — An animal rights group wants to erect a statue of a bloodied, bandaged chicken in Louisville as a protest to the KFC restaurant chain based there.

People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals applied for a city permit on Thursday to display the 5 1/2-foot statue on the corner of Fourth and Market streets for three months. The base of the statue reads, “KFC Cripples Chickens.”

KFC spokeswoman Laurie Schalow told The Courier-Journal that that the request was a “despicable publicity stunt that we hope the city will have the good sense to disapprove.”

The organization applied for a similar permit in July, but the city instituted a 45-day moratorium on temporary structures in public rights of way.

farmer
SEOP

Re: Peta again???

Post by farmer »

KFC cripples the chicken so people can enjoy eating it.
Peta being a joke again.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

In order to eat chicken, they must be killed....When growing up on a small farm in a big family; with my dad pastoring a church: Sunday dinner was a feast....usually 10 - 20 at Sunday dinner.. Mom would cook all day Saturday.. Chicken was always served.. either chicken & dumplings or fried chicken...
To get those delicious dishes, mom would either wring their necks or my brother and I would chop their heads off with a hatchet..... Didn't think a thing about it.. That's what they were for.....(good family dinner) Anybody else ever do this?

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Image.................................. :12224

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I have and know many people who have cut the heads off a chicken. Do it fast and with a sharp ax. Then enjoy the meal later

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It is every Americans duty to protect cows by eating more chicken!!!!! :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

I say let them put it up, but right next to it they should put up a statue of a guy chowing down on a big old chicken leg! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Chicken legs most guys are breast men.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

People
Eating
T
asty
Animals

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

mstangmom wrote:People
Eating
T
asty
Animals

Dang mom you beat me to it

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I have a t-shirt that says that :lol: :lol: :lol:

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Maybe Peta should go after all the people who crash into deer with the vehicles. That is so inhumane to hit them and cause so much pain. They can ban vehicles from driving in areas where deer are.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

I'll play Devils advocate here, not that I am a veg head, cause I luvs me some steak and chicken.

The "E" in PETA stands for "ETHICAL". I know they have some veggie whacko's but their main concern is the abuse of animals. I would much rather eat a free range chicken than a factory raised chicken, but I also know that the price is much higher and the demand for meat is much higher than can be met by non-factory farms. With that said, PETA, as I read on this subject, is not asking for us to stop eating chicken. The complaint is in how they are killled and processed. If this is true, then I see no reason why it shouldn't be made more humanely. I know all the people above who talked abuot raising and killing chickens did not do it this way. Here is a realease from PETA on the subject of KFC>

KFC suppliers cram birds into huge waste-filled factories, breed and drug them to grow so large that they can’t even walk, and often break their wings and legs. At slaughter, the birds’ throats are slit and they are dropped into tanks of scalding-hot water—often while they are still conscious. It would be illegal for KFC to abuse dogs, cats, pigs, or cows in these ways.

KFC’s own animal welfare advisors have asked the company to take steps to eliminate these abuses, but KFC refuses to do so. Many advisors have now resigned in frustration.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

OK 2CENTS THIS IS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU, BUT PETA............

KFC suppliers cram birds into huge waste-filled factories......Hen houses are small cramped and DISGUSTING. we had chickens and I hated having to clean it out when I was a kid.
breed and drug them to grow so large that they can’t even walk.....Almost all animals have this done nowadays when they are a food source for "companies"
and often break their wings and legs...... Wings getting "clipped" is the same thing as breaking them it is so they WON'T FLY (the breaking of legs I would have to say is done just before slaughter to prevent the"chicken running around with it's head cut off") If that is when they break the legs it MAKES SENSE, if not then yes it is wrong
At slaughter, the birds’ throats are slit and they are dropped into tanks of scalding-hot water—often while they are still conscious. A chicken is killed but cutting it's head off AFTER you cut it's head off/slit it's throat it can run around for like upto 30 minutes (WITHOUT A HEAD) does not mean it is counsious or alive it is a NERVE reaction. and the sooner yo put them in the boiling water the easier it is to get rid of the feathers if you let the chickens body get cold it is harder to clean.

KFC’s own animal welfare advisors have asked the company to take steps to eliminate these abuses, but KFC refuses to do so. Many advisors have now resigned in frustration. my guess would be they have never lived, grew up around a farm and are nothing but a bunch of CITY FOLK who have NO CLUE

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

Focused wrote:In order to eat chicken, they must be killed....When growing up on a small farm in a big family; with my dad pastoring a church: Sunday dinner was a feast....usually 10 - 20 at Sunday dinner.. Mom would cook all day Saturday.. Chicken was always served.. either chicken & dumplings or fried chicken...
To get those delicious dishes, mom would either wring their necks or my brother and I would chop their heads off with a hatchet..... Didn't think a thing about it.. That's what they were for.....(good family dinner) Anybody else ever do this?

Well, at least they're chopping instead of "choking". :shock: :lol: :shock:

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

mstangmom wrote:OK 2CENTS THIS IS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU, BUT PETA............

KFC suppliers cram birds into huge waste-filled factories......Hen houses are small cramped and DISGUSTING. we had chickens and I hated having to clean it out when I was a kid.
breed and drug them to grow so large that they can’t even walk.....Almost all animals have this done nowadays when they are a food source for "companies"
and often break their wings and legs...... Wings getting "clipped" is the same thing as breaking them it is so they WON'T FLY (the breaking of legs I would have to say is done just before slaughter to prevent the"chicken running around with it's head cut off") If that is when they break the legs it MAKES SENSE, if not then yes it is wrong
At slaughter, the birds’ throats are slit and they are dropped into tanks of scalding-hot water—often while they are still conscious. A chicken is killed but cutting it's head off AFTER you cut it's head off/slit it's throat it can run around for like upto 30 minutes (WITHOUT A HEAD) does not mean it is counsious or alive it is a NERVE reaction. and the sooner yo put them in the boiling water the easier it is to get rid of the feathers if you let the chickens body get cold it is harder to clean.

KFC’s own animal welfare advisors have asked the company to take steps to eliminate these abuses, but KFC refuses to do so. Many advisors have now resigned in frustration. my guess would be they have never lived, grew up around a farm and are nothing but a bunch of CITY FOLK who have NO CLUE

No Offense taken Mstang, but I think if you looked deeper into the factory conditions of chicken farms you would see they are nothing like a "crowded henhouse". The breaking of legs and wings in done while they are young and growing and being fed growth hormones to make them so large they couldn't support their own weight anyways. As for scalding, and this is my guess, if you completely remove the head, the body isn't going to feel the scalding without attachment to the brain. Your right, it is the same with cows and pigs. So, as much as I like beef, bacon and chicken, it would digest a little better knowing the animal didn't suffer needlessly.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Science has proven that plants react to music! Maybe not as fast as animals do, but they DO react! And when a plant is eaten, at least that parta it dies. So, perhaps PETA should be PETL, for ethical treatment of LIFE. Perhaps they should do their part by not eating anything that is or has been alive.

God made carnivores to eat almost nothing but meat, herbivores to eat almost nothing but plants, & omnivores like us to eat either plants or animal meat.

Think PEOPLE are mean to animals? They oughtta watch a 'nature film' of our friends the killer whales(orcas) in the wild, attacking their prey.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I agree Misteroby. I once had a nice steer and named it Tender and Juicy. Everyone made fun of me until they had a taste of him. That was the best tasting beef I had ever raised. So talking to an animal has advatanges.

Is there an ethecial way to kill an animal? If there is I know many spouses who would like to put their spouse out of the misery.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

If I wasn't on the mend from having my wisdom teeth cut out yesterday, I'd head on over to KFC and grab me some chicken just for PETA's sake.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

gahs4ever wrote:
And there goes fishing as well. I imagine the PETA folks would object to fish flopping around in the bottom of a boat.

They actually did a campaign against fishing. They renamed fish "sea kittens", hired people to flop around like fish out a water, and even hung a guy by his mouth with a hook.

It's all on their website. Bick Sastards, those PeTA folks.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

NOW,NOW,NOW, PEOPLE!
All of Gods creatures have their place..............

Right beside the mashed potatos and gravy. :122245

Return to “The Off season”