I Need Advice...

General Chat
fuzzhead
SEOP

I Need Advice...

Post by fuzzhead »

Friday, I went to my bank and made a deposit. I got my balance and noticed something wasn't right. Sure enough, it turns out that a $2000 withdraw was made from my account last month.
This scares me because I know that no one could waltz in and make a withdraw from my account; the tellers know me. What should I do???

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: I Need Advice...

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Be at the bank when it opens and talk to a teller or manager and find out where it went make sure your account hasnt been hacked. they will be able to tell you when and who got it.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Yeah they told me they could trace it pretty easily. I just didn't know if like my identity had been stolen or something. I was worried I wouldn't get my money back. I left feeling like I was naked or something. Just very scarey.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Once the Bank tells you where the money went and why, and it proves to not be you file a police report on it.

I can find out all the steps for you tomorrow, my sister in law is a bank manager and my sister is a cop.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Thanks Mom. I'd really appreciate it!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Where can I do that at?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Fuzzy, tomorrow morning at 9 report to the bank and get some info from the teller.......

1. what was the date of withdrawal :?:

2. how was the withdrawal made, check, electronic or was it an internal withdrawal, in other words there will be a transaction on file the bank can look at.....

3. did you lose your check card, or a visa or master card, or checkbook.....

4. lots of variables here making it hard to answer without further info.......but the bottom line is you need to head to the bank or you may be out some hard earned money that you may need next fall when the Hornets make a long run in the play-offs.... :mrgreen:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Turk, thanks for the instructions. I don't think they could have gotten at my account from an ATM because I don't have a debit card. I don't think it could have been from a check because the money is missing from my savings accnt. One thing is for sure: if I find that this was a
result of the bank's negligence I will be even more furious than I am already.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

hope you get this straightened out fuzz

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

fuzzhead wrote:Turk, thanks for the instructions. I don't think they could have gotten at my account from an ATM because I don't have a debit card. I don't think it could have been from a check because the money is missing from my savings accnt. One thing is for sure: if I find that this was a
result of the bank's negligence I will be even more furious than I am already.

head to the bank tomorrow and ask to see the date a withdrawal on your savings account was done and who signed it......

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

I have not done any electronic functions on a savings account, but I just logged on to one of my checking accounts and was able to view ATM withdrawals back to 07-13-09.

I write very few checks on this account so did not view that. I was also able to view electronic payments which I do use twice monthly. I use this account to pay my credit cards (2) each month. One card is just for grocery, Rx and gas stations with a 5 percent reward.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Sure enough, the money appears to have been withdrawn at the bank itself. I smell incompetence. . .
They think someone punched in a wrong account number or something.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Are they giving it back? if not ask them to show you why its missing and who got it. they should give it back.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I should find out tomorrow or the next day. They told me they ordered a copy of the transaction. I also put my account on alert and demanded that no money be removed from it.
They keep on claiming it was a mixup of account numbers most likely.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

If it turns out to be bank negligence, tell them you will be removing your funds from the bank.

You will also be informing your friends and family, and urging them to remove their funds,
and you will be contacting the local news service and applying for an investigative report on
the banks security measures. (In Colunbus, it would be ABC 6, "on your side", that would do the news service)

Of course, all this action will be swiftly averted, should the bank compensate you for your loss, by quickly refunding the withdraw.

This will get their attention, and get action in your benefit.

It worked for me when I had to deal with the bank.

Do it calmly though, don't be irate, even though you have the right.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

last year when a married couple was suppossed to get 600 dollars stimulus check, we never recieved ours, we checked with our bank and the irs, we've had to jump through hoops, we saw a copy of the check, and the signatures are very close, but not ours. the only place we would have cashed that check, is our bank. it was not cashed there. the irs , is trying to figure out where it got cashed. and on any kind of government check, you must use a drivers license. so somebody is hung when they figure it out.

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:last year when a married couple was suppossed to get 600 dollars stimulus check, we never recieved ours, we checked with our bank and the irs, we've had to jump through hoops, we saw a copy of the check, and the signatures are very close, but not ours. the only place we would have cashed that check, is our bank. it was not cashed there. the irs , is trying to figure out where it got cashed. and on any kind of government check, you must use a drivers license. so somebody is hung when they figure it out.

With direct deposit, you don't have problems like this.

I saw three people today who insisted that they wanted the check in their hands. If you do not already have enough funds in your account to cover the check, most banks will hold your check up to 10 days. With direct depost, you have immediate access to your money when it is electronically deposited. And via the IRS it is at least a week quicker than a mailed check.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

If they refuse to compensate me, I'll make them withdraw it all right then and there and then close the account. No, I won't get nasty about it, but I will certainly inform the authorities.
I appreciate the advice, SVD.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

everything we do is direct deposit, vids, we never recieved the check though.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

I've had my identity stolen last year. Charges and withdrawals were being put against my account from companies I had never even heard of. Turns out an employee of *PAYPAL* had been using my account information toward their benefit! :evil: :evil: I receive my paychecks from work via direct deposit, so whoever they were caught on to my pay-dates, and every payday I would end up with less in my account than what was being deposited.

Fortunately, my best friend's mom is one of the tellers at my bank, and she worked things out to where I was able to get all of my money back. I had to file police reports and all that other kinda stuff. My debit cards were shredded, all of my funds were removed from my account, and the account was closed. I had to open up a new account with all new information and request a new card.

I know this might not be relevant to your situation, but it might be of future help to you; I believe my situation shows how easy it is to have your identity stolen, especially when it comes through a secure company like PAYPAL.

Be careful & Good Luck with everything!!

Return to “The Off season”