Don't Wear Your Seat Belt?

Post by kantuckyII »

Those who love you wished you would...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-8PBx7isoM[/youtube]

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Don't Wear Your Seat Belt?

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I don't go anywhere without buckling up. I don't care whether it's the law or not, it is sheer stupidity to get into a vehicle and not buckle up.

Like the commercial says, if you'd like to meet "car windshield", then don't buckle up.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

And kissing the steering wheel will cost you teeth and jaw!!!!!
I had a dentist/maxilo-facial surgeon tell me he's never yet been told "yes" by any patient to the question, "Were you wearing your seatbelt?" Absolutely Always BUCKLE UP !!!

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

Absolutely Always BUCKLE UP !!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

and WEAR A HELMET on, them motorcycles...
EVEN IF ITS NOT THE LAW!!

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Never wear one....41 years and still here. My choice, not anyone elses. Smells like freedom.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Boonedawg wrote:Never wear one....41 years and still here. My choice, not anyone elses. Smells like freedom.

Do you carry insurance of any kind - or are you free to do without that, also? Your insurance [if you have it] will refuse to pay if you're hurt while out of compliance with the law or their rules. So you'll get automatic response from taxpayer-supported EMS services and hospital ER's to provide you with care, but who will pay the bill?? My guess is you'll feel free to ignore that, too.
As an RN, I took care of many "freedom-loving, risk-taking" patients who probably won't pay their hospital bill. They were usually the ones who cussed me out and were the most demanding.
Last edited by caglewis on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

i've got a weird refusal to wear one also. I just think my time is in God's hands . He wants me , he can have me. Our lives are filled with ways to hurt ourselves , can't live in a bubble.

caglewis-- very arrogant response , FWIW

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

I arrogantly believe that GOD has nothing to do with following the law, paying your bills, and making responsible choices for yourself! Oh right, just PRAY for it, don't PAY for it?
Last edited by caglewis on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Key word....choice. See that's the part you all forget. I also pay all my medical bills.....in cash, so your barking up the wrong tree.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I rightfully believe God trumps all that. (again FWIW, as a true bible thumper I should obey Ceasar's rules --even if they are repressive) I guess I do -- I've paid every fine on time for my rebellion LOL . peace out brother lewis ---- CHRIST WINS MD

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

ManitouDan wrote:i've got a weird refusal to wear one also. I just think my time is in God's hands . He wants me , he can have me. Our lives are filled with ways to hurt ourselves , can't live in a bubble.

I have to say, I think your refusal is pretty weird too.

For instance, do you lock your doors at night? Why do you, if you do? do you look both ways before you cross the street? Why do you, if you do? Would you teach your children or grandchildren to look both ways, not talk to strangers and lock their doors when they're home alone? Isn't their lives in God's hands too and can't He take them as it pleases Him as well?

Yeah, if He wants you, He can have you but...you also can leap into His arms on your own volition as well

Der_Kommissar1968
JV Team

Post by Der_Kommissar1968 »

I agree with the seat belt wearers. You can control your own actions while on the roads and obey traffic rules and all that fun stuff. But what you don't have control over is the idiot driver who is either drunk, texting while driving, distracted because he's busy shoving a Big Mac down his cake hole while driving, or otherwise has his/her head up his/her a$$ and isn't paying attention . . . then t-bones you when you least expect it. Up here in the Detroit burbs where I live, some low-life moron just pled no-contest today to four counts of 2nd degree murder for killing four high school students while they were driving in their own car minding their own business. She was drunk and plowed right into their car. All four kids snuffed out. I'm pretty sure not a single kid was wearing their seat belt. Yeah, I'll take exercise my free will and wear the seat belt if it gives me an edge in a serious accident.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

kantuckyII wrote:
ManitouDan wrote:i've got a weird refusal to wear one also. I just think my time is in God's hands . He wants me , he can have me. Our lives are filled with ways to hurt ourselves , can't live in a bubble.

For instance, do you lock your doors at night? Why do you, if you do? do you look both ways before you cross the street? Why do you, if you do? Would you teach your children or grandchildren to look both ways, not talk to strangers and lock their doors when they're home alone? Isn't their lives in God's hands too and can't He take them as it pleases Him as well?

Yeah, if He wants you, He can have you but...you also can leap into His arms on your own volition as well

he probably does all them things you
ask him......

BUT

ITS HIS CHOICE :mrgreen:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

caglewis wrote:
Boonedawg wrote:Never wear one....41 years and still here. My choice, not anyone elses. Smells like freedom.

Do you carry insurance of any kind - or are you free to do without that, also? Your insurance [if you have it] will refuse to pay if you're hurt while out of compliance with the law or their rules. So you'll get automatic response from taxpayer-supported EMS services and hospital ER's to provide you with care, but who will pay the bill?? My guess is you'll feel free to ignore that, too.
As an RN, I took care of many "freedom-loving, risk-taking" patients who probably won't pay their hospital bill. They were usually the ones who cussed me out and were the most demanding.

Let me dispell one huge myth that exist out there today. Guess what, you buy a motorcycle insurance policy, it has no medical coverage for you, the person, operating the bike! That is an industry standard. You know why? Because the injuries are usually so severe, it is cost prohibitive to try and provide medical payment coverage on a motorcycle policy.

Now - would your health insurance policy exclude coverage? Perhaps, but it is highly unlikely. That being said, anyone operating a motorcycle, with or without a helmet, had better read their health insurance policy just to make sure that there is not exclusionary language within the policy. Otherwise, you may very well end up like caglewis says.

Otherwise, if you have health insurance, you may have some coverage, subject to your deductibles, co-pays, and stop loss clauses within your individual health care policy.

Educate yourself. Whether you are driving your car, a motorcycle, an ATV, your boat, Jet Ski, or whatever, know what is covered and what you are legally required to do in operating any of these vehicles. It is absolutely astounding how many people out there are clueless about their insurance programs, and how insurance "poor", or insurance "rich" they may be.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

biggdowgg wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:

he probably does all them things you
ask him......

BUT

ITS HIS CHOICE :mrgreen:

What are you talking about? It is his choice but...'choice' is not the topic here I'm discussing with him. I'm looking for some reasoning lest other's take his advice. I'm anxious to hear his answers....

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Civil disobedience, It's the American way.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Boonedawg wrote:Key word....choice. See that's the part you all forget. I also pay all my medical bills.....in cash, so your barking up the wrong tree.

So there it is. You say you believe it's your choice to do what you want with your body so if you choose to not wear a helmet and die while riding your bike then that's fine, but yet if a woman decides to choose to an option available to her about her body you scream foul.

Remember, they key word is "choice". Your own words.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I wear my Seatbelt!!

Anyone who says that seat belts don't save lives should go to work with me for a while!!!!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Always wear seat belts. My choice. As for others who break the law, let them die. That was their choice.

Rode & enjoyed motrocycles for years but too many idiots on the road and gave up that risky hobby. Seen too many guys killed or maimed for life. Life has other enjoyments if you are alive. Dead, not so much.

Return to “The Off season”