Portsmouth vs. Jackson - Ovarian Cancer Awareness Night

General Chat
Coach Rhea
Waterboy

Portsmouth vs. Jackson - Ovarian Cancer Awareness Night

Post by Coach Rhea »

The Portsmouth homecoming game versus Jackson on October 1 will be a special night. Alumni will be returning for class reunions, students will be cheering for their teams, and a homecoming queen will be crowned. There will also be a special fan inspiring her dad to guide his team to victory. As we all know Courtney Clifford (daughter of Portsmouth's Head Coach Curt Clifford) battles everyday of her life to fight off a disease that scientist continue research for a cure. To help Courtney in her effort to bring awareness to ovarian cancer research we are hoping to fill the Coliseum with teal.
We will be selling Portsmouth and Jackson Football - Ovarian Cancer Awareness t-shirts to make this possible. I have contacted Jackson High School and they have joined us in this effort of selling t-shirts. The coaches and cheerleaders from both schools will be wearing these t-shirts, along with stadium workers and others.
The goal is to fill the Coliseum with a sea of teal. T-shirts will be teal blue, ribbon color for ovarian cancer awareness, with white writing. The front will say "Portsmouth or Jackson Football," and the back will have the saying "tough times don't last, tough people do." We would love to fill both sides of the stands with teal blue t-shirts.
T-Shirts are $10.00 and we are donating $5.00 from each t-shirt sold to the Ovarian Cancer Research Society in honor of Courtney Clifford.

T-Shirts will be on sale at both high schools next week.

Two communities together for one night, one cause, helping to find a cure.

If you have any questions or would like to order a t-shirt please contact:
Coach Rhea at: 740-353-2398

Thank you
Coach Rhea

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth vs. Jackson - Ovarian Cancer Awareness Night

Post by biggdowgg »

will they also be selling these shirts at the game,and what sizes will they come in?

Coach Rhea
Waterboy

Post by Coach Rhea »

Yes, t-shirts will be available at the game. We are able to order t-shirts up to 5X, however I will not know for sure what sizes will be available at the game until later next week.

Thanks, Coach Rhea

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

thanks.

I will talk to some of the "bigger guys' and see who all wants to order,and get them in.

I do know I will take a 3 x.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

What a great cause! I also had heard that Jacksons Coach Andy Hall's mother and of course Coach Hall Sr's wife is battling cancer as well. I can't imagine what both coaches on each sideline are going through, trying to prepare their teams each week and the time that it takes to that and then deal with all the personal struggles at home! These men should be commended regardless on the outcome next friday night!

1959IRISHA
Waterboy

Post by 1959IRISHA »

Ill have one or 2 of those !
Be wearing one to the game for sure !!!

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Let's show our support for Courtney... I will be wearing teal on Oct 1...

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

What a great idea. I think more schools should do this with football. I know there are similar things done in basketball and volleyball. So why not football? the sport that has the biggest crowds of them all.

GuardieGeek
Waterboy

Post by GuardieGeek »

This is also Band Alumni night for Portsmouth and since the band have to wear full uniform and alumni members are wearing their alumni band shirts, the full band, current members and alumni will be wearing teal awareness ribbons in honor and support of Courtney's efforts to find a cure. I think this is awesome and we should do more things like this at different games!! Prayers go out to anyone suffering from not only ovarian cancer but all types of cancer.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

I think anytime you raise cancer awareness, it is another step on the path to defeating cancer. I know this is the football forum but The Columbus Crew are doing a breast cancer awareness event at their game this Saturday and my Grandaughter who is one of the Crewzers along with the other girls will be doing a special dance honoring Breast cancer survivors and in memory of those who lost their battle. Losing my Mother, Husband, and Sister-in-law all within the last five years from cancer makes me sooo aware of the ongoing battle against this terrible desease. God Bless both of these coaches and their families. I hope the whole stadium turns Teal.

SPORTJACKSONYMCA
Waterboy

Post by SPORTJACKSONYMCA »

Courtney is a great person, and is probably the bravest and strongest person I know. She has had to battle for so long, and now uses her experience to raise awareness so that others hopefully will not have to endure the hardships that she and her family have had to deal with. This is a great event tomorrow, and hopefully the Trojan and Ironmen faithful will fill the Coliseum with teal to show support for this great cause, as well as support a dedicated member of the Trojan community.

Best of luck to Courtney and all who have to battle cancer,

Kyle Mitchell class of 2003

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

We got our shirts today, they look nice and going to a great cause.

Return to “The Off season”