what did you do in your youth that was so .....

General Chat
ManitouDan
SEOPS H

what did you do in your youth that was so .....

Post by ManitouDan »

entirely crazy it would get the authories called today ? Me ? Oh I did lots, the one that would find us on CNN or You tube would be something we did for fun but would cause a horrible ruckus today:

We used to walk on the I-beams of a overpass, on the underside of it, as it crossed a large busy, 4 lane highway . Obviously no net , no tie off , just dumb teen kids . The ceiling was about 6 or 6.5 ft , the I-beams crossed in a X faction and we would hold on up above and shuffle across. Can't imagine what they would do to the kids/parents if they did that today, and we did it daily ! MD

Boonedawg
S

Re: what did you do in your youth that was so .....

Post by Boonedawg »

Brownies...chocolate exlax. Nuff said.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Corning cars and houses. If you did that today you would probably end up in jail or in juvie.

Riding our mini bikes all over the neighborhood. That would probabaly get you a ticket today and back when I was a kid the cops just looked the other way as long as we weren't doing anything stupid on them.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

After getting drunk and going skinny deeping(thank god I was not fat like I am today)I got dressed in some ladies yard while having a talk with her.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

yes we corned cars like crazy in Oct. (can you imagine the potential lawsuits today if you caused a wreck ?)

heres a dandy from the early-mid 60's: My Mom and Dad used to let my 3 brothers WHO WERE APPROX AGES 4-10 catch the train in So Ports., ride it to the Train Station in Cinci , walk over to either crosley or riverfront stadium and go to Reds games. The oldest was to watch after the youngest. If they could'nt find or afford tickets they snuck in. LOL ! funny stuff righ there MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I used to hitchhike all the time. I wanted to get from So ports to So shore to go to the bowling alley or play wiffle ball I'd hitchhike or ride my bike the 5-6 miles. No 4 lane then either , at age 10-12. MD

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

NOT A THING! I was always a good kid.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

use to help my parents in the garden

Today the kids would turn you in for child abuse

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

We lived in San Francisco and Mom would walk us to the corner, then catch her bus for work. Instead of us girls walking to school, we would head for Golden Gate Park and hang out all day. I was 9 and my sister was 12.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

I don't know were to start. If i wrote it all down it would be a book

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

grndma1 wrote:We lived in San Francisco and Mom would walk us to the corner, then catch her bus for work. Instead of us girls walking to school, we would head for Golden Gate Park and hang out all day. I was 9 and my sister was 12.
My kids [although they were older than that at the time] did essentially the same thing - which resulted in ME getting reported to Children's Services as an UNFIT MOTHER of "truant kids"!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

YOU NAME IT , I DONE IT, FROM SWIMMING ACROSS THE OHIO RIVER TWICE, TO HOPPING CARS ON SNOW COVERED ROADS, HOPPING SLOW TRAINS, SKINNY DIPPING , STREAKING. DRINKING, I'M JUST GLAD I LIVED AND IT'S ALL BEHIND ME NOW.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

blue53 wrote:I don't know were to start. If i wrote it all down it would be a book
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------SAME HERE, MY FRIEND, I DIDN'T EVEN SCRATCH THE SURFACE.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

biggdowgg wrote:NOT A THING! I was always a good kid.

Somehow no one believes you! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My guess is if we ask FIDO, he might have something different to say about that. ;-)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Orange and Brown wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:NOT A THING! I was always a good kid.

Somehow no one believes you! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My guess is if we ask FIDO, he might have something different to say about that. ;-)
IF FIDO tells you anything about me, it will be to cover all the trouble HE got into , that guy got into more crap then a porta john could hold.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

oldest cousin????? not hardly, my sister carries a golden buckeye card :twisted:

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

There was this cranky old man, in my hometown, that was an a$$ to almost everyone. He had these 2 German Shepards that he kept in the house at night.....sooooo, we go up to the front screen door, with a couple of nasty alley cats, put them between the screen door and front door, ring the doorbell, and run around the corner, into the bushes. After only about 15 seconds, we got outta there. It sounded like WW3 in that house.
I also nailed his outhouse door shut a few times.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Space Cowboy wrote:There was this cranky old man, in my hometown, that was an a$$ to almost everyone. He had these 2 German Shepards that he kept in the house at night.....sooooo, we go up to the front screen door, with a couple of nasty alley cats, put them between the screen door and front door, ring the doorbell, and run around the corner, into the bushes. After only about 15 seconds, we got outta there. It sounded like WW3 in that house.

wow, you prob should have been locked up even back then
:122246 ..Cruelty to animals, and hlding a person hostage in his own home...lucky a fire diddnt break out... :shock: :122246 :122246

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

caglewis wrote:
grndma1 wrote:We lived in San Francisco and Mom would walk us to the corner, then catch her bus for work. Instead of us girls walking to school, we would head for Golden Gate Park and hang out all day. I was 9 and my sister was 12.
My kids [although they were older than that at the time] did essentially the same thing - which resulted in ME getting reported to Children's Services as an UNFIT MOTHER of "truant kids"!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Space Cowboy wrote:There was this cranky old man, in my hometown, that was an a$$ to almost everyone. He had these 2 German Shepards that he kept in the house at night.....sooooo, we go up to the front screen door, with a couple of nasty alley cats, put them between the screen door and front door, ring the doorbell, and run around the corner, into the bushes. After only about 15 seconds, we got outta there. It sounded like WW3 in that house.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ohhhhhh, that's good.

Return to “The Off season”