Westboro Baptist in Logan Ohio........

General Chat
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Westboro Baptist in Logan Ohio........

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Westboro Baptist Church has decided to come to Logan to Protest the funeral of SPC Robert Hartwick.

SPC Hartwick gave his life in Afghanistan serving our country.........

I know that SEO and the Logan community will rally around SPC Hartwicks family and show that the Westboro Baptist Church will not Soil the name of one of our nations heroes.

Tomorrow 9:30am at Kachelmacher Park, Logan, OH
The Westboro Baptist Church is planning to preach the following message at Spc. Robert Hartwick's memorial service, "God Hates America and is killing our troops in his wrath. Military funerals have became pagan orgies of idolatrous blasphemy, where they pray to the dunghill gods of Sodom and play taps to a fallen fool". We cannot allow this group's freedom of speech to be louder than our own freedom of speech! Our little community knows how to unite in times of need and we should pull together for this young man who gave his life up for his country. Simplicity is an amazing thing! Wear something red/white/blue and meet in the vicinity of Kachelmacher Park and together we will link arms and form a chain of support (from Kachelmacher to the Nazarene Church would be extremely amazing and moving!). Together we can show the Westboro Baptist Church that we honor our troops even in death. *The WBC is planning on being around Kachelmacher/Nazarene church at 10/10:15 so lets get there around 9:30! Tell anyone and everyone to get the word out

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Westboro Baptist in Logan Ohio........

Post by kantuckyII »

All I can say is that God is sure longsuffering. I'd sent a ball of fire out of the sky on them a long time ago

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

I'm betting some of these Right Wing nuts will end up getting the sh*t kicked out of them and the Logan cops will see nothing, just like Sgt. Schultz

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Paladin_II wrote:I'm betting some of these Right Wing nuts will end up getting the sh*t kicked out of them and the Logan cops will see nothing, just like Sgt. Schultz
Right Wing Nuts? Dude, you're sick...seriously! maybe not as bad as them people from Westboro but you got the same thing goin on

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Quick politics lesson --

GAY

1. to be liberal or left is to be O.K. with Gays

2. to be conservative or right is to be opposed to Gays.

I think even the biggest dummies can figure the rest out for themselves.

Exposure is a great disinfectant

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Paladin_II wrote:Quick politics lesson --

GAY

Is that REALLY the way you see the world? if you could look straight ahead and not have your head so far twisted to the left, you'd get a clear view of the world.

What do you mean 'opposed'? Yes, the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin, like anything that is contrary to what God desires but it doesn't stop God from loving that person. God loves all people but that still doesn't excuse their (or anyone elses) (mis-)behavior. We still need a savior which is Christ Jesus.

Many of us are strongly opposed to same sex marriage and I for one will never say two people are married who are of the same sex. However, to lump all...or even most, as being like these nuts from Westboro is sick and totally unjustified!

Der_Kommissar1968
JV Team

Post by Der_Kommissar1968 »

kantuckyII wrote:

GAY

Is that REALLY the way you see the world? if you could look straight ahead and not have your head so far twisted to the left, you'd get a clear view of the world.

What do you mean 'opposed'? Yes, the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin, like anything that is contrary to what God desires but it doesn't stop God from loving that person. God loves all people but that still doesn't excuse their (or anyone elses) (mis-)behavior. We still need a savior which is Christ Jesus.

Many of us are strongly opposed to same sex marriage and I for one will never say two people are married who are of the same sex. However, to lump all...or even most, as being like these nuts from Westboro is sick and totally unjustified!

You're not just opposed to same sex marriage. You honestly believe that gays are going to hell unless they "repent." Doesn't this pretty much sum up Westboro's beliefs? Only difference, they make obscene signs and go and hang out on street corners harassing innocent people trying to grieve. So I do have to hand it to you for refraining from doing that.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

They will not be heard

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

I'm sure that most who are "on the right" would distance themselves just as much as those "on the left". To me, they are extremists, period.
Anyhoos... as a former Marine, I'll stand for what I believe in. I have been in contact with a couple of Veterans from other counties. They have been in contact with organizations near them. Each have said they were already aware of this and they were sending representatives.
Rain likely, especially in the afternoon. Be prepared :)
See ya in the mornin'!

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

I can't say that I'm on the far left or the far right , but I will be in Logan tomorrow doing my part to see this guy get the respect he deserves.

Way to stay on point, everyone. :roll:

Can we cut the petty BS for one day and do the right thing, or do we have to decide it it's Palladin's fault or KIIs?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Der_Kommissar1968 wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:

GAY

You're not just opposed to same sex marriage. You honestly believe that gays are going to hell unless they "repent." Doesn't this pretty much sum up Westboro's beliefs? Only difference, they make obscene signs and go and hang out on street corners harassing innocent people trying to grieve. So I do have to hand it to you for refraining from doing that.
Actually, I believe that ALL PEOPLE are going to hell unless they repent..that's what Jesus taught and I believe

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Let me say too, there is nothing 'extremist' about this group as if there extreme Christians or something. There is NOTHING in the Word Of God, the Bible, that justifies or teaches them to act like they are. It's Satanic, plain and simple.

Also, only Paladin is accusing anyone other than Westboro of acting like this.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

He knew he would get your goat.

It really blows my mind how easy he does this to you--lol

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

gahs4ever wrote:Truth be told, there's a lot of goat gettin that goes on on this site.......
Can u tell me what CONK means.......that name appears quite frequently and I would luv to know its meaning??????

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

Charley Hustle wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:Truth be told, there's a lot of goat gettin that goes on on this site.......
Can u tell me what CONK means.......that name appears quite frequently and I would luv to know its meaning??????
I am curious as well, what is a Conk?

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Confused Ohio Neanderthal Konservative

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Things went smooth today

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

moose wrote:Confused Ohio Neanderthal Konservative
thanks, Moose, I thought it was confined ONK........sure glad u cleared that up.........

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

gahs4ever wrote:I buried my 25 year old son in 1996 due to different circumstances, but parents arent supposed to bury their children, and I cant imagine anything on this earth harder than doing that. Then to have to put up with univited, unwelcome, insensitive jerks at the funeral in the name of free speech is taking that amendment to places I dont believe the founding fathers ever intended it be used for.

If something like this had happened at my son's funeral, out of respect for him I would have contained myself, but honestly, that church (building) would probably be involved in a building project shortly thereafter. I dont have much tolerance for the intolerant.

I would have to agree.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

noreply66 wrote:They will not be heard

And this is what happened

Return to “The Off season”