New York passes gay marriage bill !!

General Chat
KVDW
SE

New York passes gay marriage bill !!

Post by KVDW »

and the gov. signed it into law friday night.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Re: New York passes gay marriage bill !!

Post by Leo Byrd »

There wont be a hotel room unoccupied in 3 weeks when the bill becomes law. There will not be enuff preachers in New York City to marry all the Bobs and Bills that will be coming into the city, not to mention the Sallys and Sarahs that will also be there......just sayin..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

Leo Byrd wrote:There wont be a hotel room unoccupied in 3 weeks when the bill becomes law. There will not be enuff preachers in New York City to marry all the Bobs and Bills that will be coming into the city, not to mention the Sallys and Sarahs that will also be there......just sayin..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AS I understad it this isn't just New Youk City it's the State of NY and a lot of them will just be getting maried in the local court houses and won't need a preecher. Surely they aren't interested in getting married "in the eyes of God" who calls them an obamanation anyway. imo their just interested in the "bennies" anyway.

Here is a picture of them celebrating in NY in front of the Stonewall (gay bar) just after the Gov. signed the bill.
Looks to me just like your average boy next door.
(love the outfit).

from the huffington post

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

Getting married in New York.........Stuff you need to know

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

No Christian pastor, preacher or priest could be in the will of God and marry two people of the same sex. Either they're woefully in disobedience to God or they're not a Christian to begin with

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

kantuckyII wrote:No Christian pastor, preacher or priest could be in the will of God and marry two people of the same sex. Either they're woefully in disobedience to God or they're not a Christian to begin with
Thanks......I didnt know that.............

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Someone needs to tell u the truth, heaven knows there's a long line waiting to lie to you

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

kantuckyII wrote:Someone needs to tell u the truth, heaven knows there's a long line waiting to lie to you

There's your "truth" and then there's the real truth and they are usually 180 degrees apart. :lol:

But then again, you and runner are always 100% correct on everything you say and everybody else are just fools. Right???? :roll:

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Burg Grad..I have never said I was 100% correct on anything. But I have been more correct than you could ever dream of being, and that has been proven many times over. as for other being fools....not everyone but there are those that know they are. Speaking of fools...has football season started early :122248 ? A little over a week ago you said you were not coming back here until then :roll:. Guess you can't tell the truth about anything. No surprise there though. Typical you. :lol: :lol: .

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

wink wrote:
Leo Byrd wrote:There wont be a hotel room unoccupied in 3 weeks when the bill becomes law. There will not be enuff preachers in New York City to marry all the Bobs and Bills that will be coming into the city, not to mention the Sallys and Sarahs that will also be there......just sayin..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AS I understad it this isn't just New Youk City it's the State of NY and a lot of them will just be getting maried in the local court houses and won't need a preecher. Surely they aren't interested in getting married "in the eyes of God" who calls them an obamanation anyway. imo their just interested in the "bennies" anyway.

Here is a picture of them celebrating in NY in front of the Stonewall (gay bar) just after the Gov. signed the bill.
Looks to me just like your average boy next door.
(love the outfit).

from the huffington post
I just puked in my mouth. Sadly, this is what the world is coming to. Oh well, its all in the greater plan......

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

That one looks like the state of Kentuckys 55th Governor.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Partners of any/all kinds should have the right to a legal contract [which "marriage" is] that recognizes their status, and carries both rights and privileges, as well as responsibilities. That's called "equality under the law" and has nothing to do with religion - which is forbidden under our Constitution from enacting laws that impose/require religious beliefs or rules on others.
Any partner [personal or business] should have the right of decision-making for and inheritance from their partner no matter what kind of partnership it was. That was always available to heterosexuals through "marriage". And there was always "civil" marriage which was absolutely legally recognized, but required no Religious ceremony or permission/approval from a Church. Haven't churches always refused to allow weddings for any number of reasons? Fine, that's their choice - but there's no reason to refuse "civil unions" for "religious" reasons. THAT's against the Constitution and all the civil rights legislation already passed into law. Inter-racial dating/marriage used to be literally AGAINST THE LAW. How stupid does that sound now? Continuing to call same-sex partnerships/unions/"marriage" illegal and unrecognized today sounds just as stupid to me, and I'm so glad things are changing.
I lived through the horrible time of segregation, exclusion, Jim Crow laws [which were all touted as "Biblically ordained"] and the struggle to achieve and recognize governmentally mandated civil rights for all regardless of race or religion, age, or gender. Sexual orientation is next on the list of governmental freedoms and equality [never mind religious choice/beliefs] to be recognized - GREAT!

Return to “The Off season”