Say a prayer for Peace on this fateful Day

General Chat
abuck76
SEOPS HO

Say a prayer for Peace on this fateful Day

Post by abuck76 »

The 67th anniversary of Hiroshima today.........Pray for world peace, and that we would never use such a weapon ever again...... :12224

toast
All State

Re: Say a prayer for Peace on this fateful Day

Post by toast »

Amen

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Pray that this nation is never sneaked attack again and thank God that He gave the United States a tool that could so abruptly end the war and save maybe a million people's lives! That bomb wasn't the reason those people died..the reason those people died is over Japanese aggression and their refusal to surrender

Here's a gem for ya...
The Rape Of Nanking
The Nanking Massacre or Nanjing Massacre, also known as the Rape of Nanking, was a mass murder and war rape that occurred during the six-week period following the Japanese capture of the city of Nanjing (Nanking), the former capital of the Republic of China, on December 13, 1937 during the Second Sino-Japanese War. During this period, hundreds of thousands of Chinese civilians and disarmed soldiers were murdered by soldiers of the Imperial Japanese Army. Widespread rape and looting also occurred. Historians and witnesses have estimated that 250,000 to 300,000 people were killed. Several of the key perpetrators of the atrocities, at the time labelled as war crimes, were later tried and found guilty at the Nanjing War Crimes Tribunal, and were subsequently executed. Another key perpetrator, Prince Asaka, a member of the Imperial Family, escaped prosecution by having earlier been granted immunity by the Allies.

The event remains a contentious political issue, as various aspects of it have been disputed by some historical revisionists and Japanese nationalists, who have claimed that the massacre has been either exaggerated or wholly fabricated for propaganda purposes. As a result of the nationalist efforts to deny or rationalize the war crimes, the controversy surrounding the massacre remains a stumbling block in Sino-Japanese relations, as well as Japanese relations with other Asia-Pacific nations such as South Korea and the Philippines.

An accurate estimation of the death toll in the massacre has not been achieved because most of the Japanese military records on the killings were deliberately destroyed or kept secret shortly after the surrender of Japan in 1945. The International Military Tribunal of the Far East estimates more than 200,000 casualties in the incident; China's official estimate is about 300,000 casualties, based on the evaluation of the Nanjing War Crimes Tribunal. Estimates from Japanese historians vary widely, in the vicinity of 40,000–200,000. Some historical revisionists even deny that a widespread, systematic massacre occurred at all, claiming that any deaths were either justified militarily, accidental or isolated incidents of unauthorized atrocities. These revisionists claim that the characterization of the incident as a large-scale, systematic massacre was fabricated for the purpose of political propaganda.
..and before anyone on here says I'm indifferent towards those lives lost at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I'm not, I think it was terrible but I do understand the reasoning behind employing such a terrible WMD in the situation the United States was in. Remember...every American soldier was also either or all some one's son, dad, husband and brother. Their lives had value too.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

So God sanctioned the bombing of Hiroshima..........wow, you are a real piece of work tuck............ :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

That is not what I said. And you call yourself a school teacher? I swear you have the perception of a four-year-old

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

kantuckyII wrote: thank God that He gave the United States a tool
Pretty easy to understand that........And if the US is guided by God, as you so think, therefore he must have sanctioned it.........If not, then the Devil made us do it and you should be against it..........which is it tuck?..............:12224

toast
All State

Post by toast »

"and thank God that He gave the United States a tool that could so abruptly end the war"

I thought there was nothing Kantucky could say that would shock me. I was wrong. Unbelievable.....

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

And tomorrow is the anniversary of Nagasaki............. :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

toast wrote: "and thank God that He gave the United States a tool that could so abruptly end the war"

I thought there was nothing Kantucky could say that would shock me. I was wrong. Unbelievable.....
I said it and I meant it!!! That bomb saved a million casualties! Any student of history and WW2 knows this.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

abuck76 wrote:And tomorrow is the anniversary of Nagasaki............. :12224
And right after that Americans everywhere and thw world rejoiced that this terrible war ABRUPTLY ended and many thanked God! Soon, their husbands, brothers, fathers and sons would be coming back to them! Countless Japanese lives would be spared that would have died under a full scale invasion which would have lead to a bloodbath like this world has never imagined by all involved. Also, the US was also able to keep Russia out of the conflict so it wasn't divided like Germany as well

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

http://vimeo.com/5645171 here's some GREAT home movie footage that was shot on VJ day in Hawaii. My father had been transferred to a troop carrier in anticipation of the upcoming invasion and was in the South Pacific that day

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

My dad was behind the lines at that time, ut my father- in - law was at Guadacanal, and he said the bombs were a mistake..........He said we reduced ourselves there to being just as ruthless and uncaring about human life as the Japanese war machine was..........Would we have dropped them in Germany if we had them a few months earlier?.........Or were Germans too 'light' for that?............Anyway, God Bless and keep all the souls that were killed those two days....And we all should say a prayer that we reduce our arsenals of nukes and pray everyday, no one will ever have to live in fear of such horrible weapons ever again..........peace, :12224

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

We would have never used the bombs on Germany. They were ready to surrender. Their people had enough of the war and just wanted it to be over. Troops were surrendering en mass and the only thing keeping them in the fight was Hitler. Japan wasn't going to surrender without a destruction of its entire culture. They were prepared to fight to the last. Iwo Jima and Okinawa proved to the United States that the only way to beat the Japanese was going to be to kill them all. The bombs saved millions of lives and also allowed the Japanese to surrender without losing face. The right decision was made.
We don't have to live in fear of a major power using the bomb again because they know the destructive power of them, all we have to worry about is a rogue state or some terrorists organization some how getting ahold of a nuke. Yes, we need to remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the lives lost there as a reminder to never use the bomb again.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

tigercannon71 wrote:. They were ready to The bombs saved millions of lives and also allowed the Japanese to surrender without losing face.
It was an Unconditional Surrender with the Emperer even having to renounce his Diety.........Saving face?...do you even know what that means? :roll: .............And earlier in the war with Germany, if we had the bomb, would we have used it in Europe?....No.......... :12224

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Yea, I understand it more than you do. Someone like you without a moral code wouldn't understand what that means.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

You made the statement.....Obviously you do not know what it means, or you would not have used that phrase..........where did they save face? :roll: .......Unonditional surrender, no diety for the emperor, no army or navy and heck MacArthur was in essence the King of Japan.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ....Save face???...........Yea, you know what it means....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .......... :12224

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

You should google it you'll learn something. Japanese leaders were not going to surrender without everyone dying. That was their code like the Spartans it was either win or die. Even though they had been beaten back to the homeland they were still not going to surrender. We were going to have to kill them all. With the dropping of the bomb they could then surrender by saying look this weapon is so terrible we cannot combat it. So in the light of this new unstoppable weapon we must surrender in order to not be completely wiped off the map. This way they kept their warrior honor without having the shame of surrender on them. Yes Hirohito lost deity status, but he gained status as a man who cared about his people.
The problem here is he who is without honor, you, would not understand things like this. Thats why you are having a hard time comprehending the idea of saving face. Its a foreign concept to you.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

The military STILL did not want to give up..... :roll: ...........Trying to save face by changing the subject...........Any high school kid with a 'D' average knows what you just posted.........It is on the OGT.........But you have no clue about what you stated about saving face.................You need to learn a little of what a 'D' student knows about what happened at the end of the war and "saving face"....You mighth want to stop now and you save face......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .................. :12224

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Go read a book and come back when you understand the concept.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Yuo need to think about saving face........The military still not want to give up...........Warrior honor?.........That was taken from them in the War Crimes trials.......Ask Tojo.........I bet you could not pass the OGT........ :lol: :lol: :lol: ................ :12224

Return to “The Off season”