Away In A Closet? Manger Is Offensive?

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Away In A Closet? Manger Is Offensive?

Post by kantuckyII »

This crap is gettin' old...simply getting more stupid every year. Good night, it's Christmas, which is a day set aside to celebrate the Birth of Jesus Christ. To remove any trace of Christ and then celebrate Christmas is just absolutely foolish, silly.

They love to label Christians as being 'homophobic' well...perhaps it's time to acknowledge these people as being 'Baby Jesusphobic'?
School Replaces Baby Jesus with Frosty the Snowman

Frosty the Snowman is there — and so is Santa Claus.

But the Baby Jesus is stuffed inside a closet at Cottondale Elementary School — leaving many residents of this small town in the Florida panhandle outraged.

FOLLOW TODD ON FACEBOOK FOR CULTURE WAR NEWS. CLICK HERE TO JOIN!

The Nativity scene had been a part of the school’s holiday lawn decorations for years. But this year the yuletide display is strictly secular.

Principal Brenda Jones told television station WJHG the decision to keep Baby Jesus in the closet came after an official with the Dept. of Education dropped by to discuss the separation of church and state.

“The Dept. of Education came in and talked to us about the legalities of religion in the school systems and the separation of the two,” Jones told the television station.

In an attempt to be fair to everyone, the principal said, “We decided that we would just not put the Nativity scene out on campus.”

The decision has sparked controversy among the 869 residents who live in this gulf coast community.

Officials with the Jackson County School Board did not return calls seeking comment.

But former board member Betty Duffee told the Jackson County Floridan that she believes the principal had no choice.

“There are people in the community that are threatening to sue the school board (over separation of church and state issues), and it costs a tremendous amount of money to defend something you know you will lose,” she said.

“It’s not that we’re against it; it’s just that the federal law prohibits it,” she said.

Duffee told the newspaper that the decision not to display the Nativity is a “tragic thing.”

“I know it’s hard to see this happen, because it feels like we’re losing a freedom, but this is the state of affairs in this nation,” she said.

Todd is the author of Dispatches From Bitter America – endorsed by Sarah Palin, Mark Levin and Sean Hannity. Click here to get your copy!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Away In A Closet? Manger Is Offensive?

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

They're kinda ignoring this old buddy, I'll help you out some...

...the sky is blue....

Now, you'll get some feed back ............ :) :) :)

an old buddy of mine taught me this trick...............

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Thanks! ;-)

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

The reason all of this is happening is that the ACLU has deep pockets.,schools, rightfully so, put the props up instead of spending thousands of dollars defending the action. The fact of the matter is that groups that oppose Christ's presence at schools, are more passionate and back it up with their pocket books. Church people hack and cry foul, but where are all the churches and their pocket books to defend schools and municipalities?

Maybe, just maybe churches are apathetic to this issue. Or maybe there are Christians that believe if you let Christ in the government, then government will have the right to come into the churches. I favor the separation of church and government. I won't tell school kids how to or if they should worship and government won't tell my pastor what to preach on Sunday.

Regardless of which you choose, it is Christians and the Church that are too blame. If churches were doing their job, we wouldn't need to take school time to have church

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it's a good thing i don't run the joint, it would be up early and often, i'd say take your chances taking us to court.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

Easy to say that Bait, but the truth is it would cost a school system a minimum of $10,000 to fight it.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Man! you miss the point, it's not about 'money' or fighting it, it's just the absurdity of banning a symbol of the day that we are celebrating, the birth of Jesus Christ. If they so choose to look at the nativity scene as the birth of baby who grew up to be a fool and a deciever of men everywhere, that's their right. If we choose to believe that this was and is God incarnate, that's our right too but if you're going to have a date that celebrates this child being born, it's just absurd to not allow the nativity scene. It can....or cannot be taken as a religious scene - however, seeing how it's a National Holiday and so much revolves around it, it's silly to not allow that to be portrayed

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Now that the election nonsense has died down, its "War On Christmas" season! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:122245

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

kantuckyII wrote:Man! you miss the point, it's not about 'money' or fighting it, it's just the absurdity of banning a symbol of the day that we are celebrating, the birth of Jesus Christ. If they so choose to look at the nativity scene as the birth of baby who grew up to be a fool and a deciever of men everywhere, that's their right. If we choose to believe that this was and is God incarnate, that's our right too but if you're going to have a date that celebrates this child being born, it's just absurd to not allow the nativity scene. It can....or cannot be taken as a religious scene - however, seeing how it's a National Holiday and so much revolves around it, it's silly to not allow that to be portrayed
No, I got the point.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

There is this little idiom of sepeartion of church and state.........The Establishment clause in the First amendment.........Worship, build all the mangers you want, but do not ask to do it or build them on government property .................. :12224

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

A buck, I'm with you on this one... As long bas you keep the govt out of my churches pulpit

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Keep the preacher from telling people how to vote, and we agree 100%........... :12224

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

No. The preacher can say whatever his congregation will let him say. I personally wouldn't stand for it, but the govt shouldn't interfere. After all, our professors do the same thing:)

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

abuck76 wrote:Keep the preacher from telling people how to vote, and we agree 100%........... :12224
...and once again, abuck lies and fails to follow through with his promises...

...the left wingers are criticizing the atrocity in Kansas City on football-related head injuries and will move to ban the sport...

...yet, they continue to allow the murder of innocent unborn children each and everyday...

...unbelievable!!!!!

lies, lies, and more lies!!!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

abuck76 wrote:Keep the preacher from telling people how to vote, and we agree 100%........... :12224
Unless you're a member of that church (and then, your business is confined to whether he is preaching the Bible), it's none of your business what they tell their congregation. Do you think you can fight God?!

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:...the left wingers are criticizing the atrocity in Kansas City on football-related head injuries and will move to ban the sport...

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Your post is wrong....I have kept my promise to not discuss politics.....And I will not....This thread is about religious icons on public land........Nothing to do with politics.......It is a Constitutional issue..And your last post was another poor attempt at hijacking a thread.........you want to talk about Costas and guns, take it to another thread......... :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, if you do not like seeing this icons then perhaps you should take your head and stick it underneath the water for four minutes. I promise you, after that it will not matter to you anymore

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

But you see tuck, the Constitution backs me, not you.........Keep your mangers off of publicly funded property......You want one, stick it in YOUR yard.......... :12224

Return to “The Off season”