Gun Sales Soar!

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Gun Sales Soar!

Post by kantuckyII »

Did not take a rocket scientist to figure out this was going to happen. And that dufus in the White House is really going to make things worse as I always have said he would. By the time he leaves office this country is going to be in shambles!
DENVER (CBS4) – The day after the shooting in Connecticut a lot of people in Colorado tried to buy a gun.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation says it received 4,154 requests for background checks from potential buyers on Saturday. That was so many the CBI couldn’t process them all and the backlog grew to nearly 18 hours. The Unit could only process 3,001 checks on Saturday.

Extra staff was brought in over the weekend and workers are still trying to clear the backlog.

“CBI’s InstaCheck employees are dedicated professionals who take tremendous pride in providing exceptional customer service while balancing the critical public safety role they perform in the background check process,” CBI Director Ronald Sloan said in a statement. “The team routinely works well past operating hours of the unit to reduce numbers in the queue and subsequent wait times. I’m extremely proud of their efforts this weekend, and throughout the year.”

The record for background checks processed in one day is still from Black Friday of this year as 4,028 background checks were processed for firearms purchases.

According to Susan Medina with the CBI, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) is experiencing similar volume to CBI’s InstaCheck numbers.

Citizens are asked to remain patient as CBI’s InstaCheck Unit works to process the background checks.

'); //]]>

DENVER (CBS4) – The day after the shooting in Connecticut a lot of people in Colorado tried to buy a gun.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation says it received 4,154 requests for background checks from potential buyers on Saturday. That was so many the CBI couldn’t process them all and the backlog grew to nearly 18 hours. The Unit could only process 3,001 checks on Saturday.

Extra staff was brought in over the weekend and workers are still trying to clear the backlog.

“CBI’s InstaCheck employees are dedicated professionals who take tremendous pride in providing exceptional customer service while balancing the critical public safety role they perform in the background check process,” CBI Director Ronald Sloan said in a statement. “The team routinely works well past operating hours of the unit to reduce numbers in the queue and subsequent wait times. I’m extremely proud of their efforts this weekend, and throughout the year.”

The record for background checks processed in one day is still from Black Friday of this year as 4,028 background checks were processed for firearms purchases.

According to Susan Medina with the CBI, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) is experiencing similar volume to CBI’s InstaCheck numbers.

Citizens are asked to remain patient as CBI’s InstaCheck Unit works to process the background checks.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Gun Sales Soar!

Post by C-Bolt »

I remember when Obama was first elected there was a big time ammo shortage, people hoarding it up over rumors about what Obama was going to do, and it was all for nothing, but this time might be different I'm afraid.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

C-Bolt wrote:I remember when Obama was first elected there was a big time ammo shortage, people hoarding it up over rumors about what Obama was going to do, and it was all for nothing, but this time might be different I'm afraid.
The revolution might be closer than we expect...

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Don't really see that happening trojan,but anything is possible I guess

Kentucky Trojan
SE

C-Bolt wrote:Don't really see that happening trojan,but anything is possible I guess
The moral fiber of this country will no longer stand back and allow the deviants to take over any longer....

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kentucky Trojan
SE

NYBuckeye96 wrote::roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I will say this.

This could be the fuel that begins the fire that destroys the world.

The world has been shying away from aggressive behavior since Fascism was destroyed in the 1940s.

It won't be Fascism, but individual rights is about to go bye-bye in this country.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Ask a black man in Mississippi if his individual rights are greater or less than they were in 1940.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Ask a black man in Mississippi if his individual rights are greater or less than they were in 1940.
...instead ask a black man in Mississippi if abortion and same-sex marriage are acceptable in our society...

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:Ask a black man in Mississippi if his individual rights are greater or less than they were in 1940.
...instead ask a black man in Mississippi if abortion and same-sex marriage are acceptable in our society...

Since Obama came out in favor of gay marriage, a majority of African Americans have supported it in polling. So statistically, yes, there is a strong possibility he would support gay marriage.

As for abortion, no man should tell a woman what to do with her own body. So his say on that doesn't matter too much to me.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
Kentucky Trojan wrote:

Since Obama came out in favor of gay marriage, a majority of African Americans have supported it in polling. So statistically, yes, there is a strong possibility he would support gay marriage.

As for abortion, no man should tell a woman what to do with her own body. So his say on that doesn't matter too much to me.
...maybe in liberal states, but not in Mississippi...

:roll:

Concerning abortion, I guess it is ok for a woman to murder her unborn child and get away with it???

Kentucky Trojan
SE

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Makes me hope the Mayans are onto something!

Kentucky Trojan
SE

dazed&confused wrote:Makes me hope the Mayans are onto something!
Your left-wing tolerant morality will bring this upon the world...

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
Whatever! :roll:

Kentucky Trojan
SE

dazed&confused wrote:
Kentucky Trojan wrote:
Whatever! :roll:
...you act like a teenager who has no wisdom...

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

And you're a one-trick pony! Behold, the end of times!

Kentucky Trojan
SE

dazed&confused wrote:And you're a one-trick pony! Behold, the end of times!
There is no difference between murdering an unborn child and murdering the children at Sandy Hook.

Why do you protect the one while denouncing the other?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
Kentucky Trojan wrote:

One of the biggest reasons that we have legal abortion and the left powerbrokers are such large supporters is because it helps kill off black people.

Sad! (if you know what you're talking about) that black people would follow the man Obama and turn their backs on what they know is right...

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Sometimes the kooks say things that are so kooky the only thing you can do is laugh when you hear them say it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Off season”