Eating at home or eat out

General Chat
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Eating at home or eat out

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Prefer to eat at home know matter what I am eating.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Eating at home or eat out

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Probably 75% home/25% out.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

When you travel for a living, nothing sounds better than a grilled cheese off the stove!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I like to do both,I get tired of doing one thing too much,I like tasting different foods cooked differently

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:122245

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Both. If you eat at home, there is usually left overs for later, but if you eat out, there is no mess to clean up. :122245

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

rather eat at home because my mate is a great cook

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I try to eat at home as often as I can. We do eat out occasionally though.

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

a lot of times when a person has been running here and there all day fast food is the answer.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm just thankful I can eat...it is a luxury for too many people!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I like to eat out for fellowship but...I can cook far better food than these restaurants do. The other night I cooked dinner (I do the cooking) and my wife and I were sitting there eating and it hit me, I quickly tabbed up the price, I'd cooked our dinner for about the same price as it would have cost just to lay down a tip at a full service restaurant and the meal was less calories and fat as well. That's just crazy if you think about it..

Something that always amazes me though when we are out eating is the young couples with small children I see eating out at the same places. Now, it's one thing to go out on the weekend or something to celebrate but they're just there to eat. How in the world do these couples afford it? when we were starting out and our son was young, there was no way we could afford to just go out to eat like that. Maybe fast food but not a somewhere like Texas Roadhouse or Outback

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The wife hates to cook now so we split about 50% eating in & out. However, we often bring home half the meal. so I get some fine leftovers to warm up. When she cooked seriously, she was a great cook. Now, with lots of excellent restaurants in the area, I love to eat out and have outstanding leftovers to warm up.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

With this current administration, here's my advice for you all who wanta keep eating....

...lay you out a garden area in your back yard..plant it full of tatters...buy you a big silver pot for beans..and learn to make corn bread cause you're going be eatin' a lot of that stuff soon

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I don't like eating out in the tip dine in places,the restauraunt owners pass on the wages of their help to the customers in the form of tips,didn't used to see that too much back in the 70's and the early 80's, I miss them cafeteria style tray lines where you paid for the for the food at the end of the line then you were done ,but now its everywhere you go, pay them a good tip so they don't have depend on that 3.00 hr wage,if you don't they will frown on it.That's why me and the family would just rather go to a drive thru or carry out and skip the tips,now if somebody gets the bright idea to start to tipping them people they need their neck wrung out.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:lol: :aaaaa24 :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I don't know C-Bolt, You go to a sitdown restaurant, your bills is $35, your tip is 7 bucks. I don't know, perhaps you're rich man, I'm not. And by the way, you two better be saving your money, you're going to need it very shortly and knowing that, makes ME SMILE! :122245

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

What ya mean I'm not rich either,I try to stay away from them places that you have to tip,I may go and splurge 2 or 3 times a month but most of my time is hanging out at the cheaper fast food joints or making stuff at home.I'll check back with ya in about a month and tell you how things are going,but if I don't that means obama done took all my money and I can't even afford internet :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I'm far from rich also. A can of tomato soup is a luxury to me sometimes. That's how rich i am. If Obama takes our money in a month, he won't get much here. :122245

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dazed&confused wrote:I'm just thankful I can eat...it is a luxury for too many people!

amen brother.

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

out if I have a preference.......

Return to “The Off season”