Forum Rule Change: Matt, MODs

General Chat
F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Forum Rule Change: Matt, MODs

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Who rewrote the rules: Matt, dowgg, Ozz, Boo? I'm good with change but if others aren't informed of change, and are being lambasted because of unwritten rules, then change can be subjective to those implementing them. We need a new and updated SOP to ensure ALL are on the same sheet of music! "Attack the issue not the person" , in reference to non members, may or may not have been instituted, I don't know. I don't have a problem with it one way or another. However, I don't blindly follow anyone! If negative posts can't be made referencing the idiotic non-members, particularly politicians, then please make it so in writing or provide official guidance. Thank You!!

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Re: Forum Rule Change: Matt, MODs

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

Basic rule:

Attack the issue and not the person...

...nobody is being lambasted...

.....just post without attacking other individuals and there will be no problems...

...if an individual fails to follow this basic rule, then this individual will be suspended...

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Hello Santa..........KT, just curious are u a mod now.........I am kinda losing track of who is in charge now........I know a few mods who dont get on here anymore but they would like to.......just to prove a point........

Kentucky Trojan
SE

TigerTownTurkey wrote:Hello Santa..........KT, just curious are u a mod now.........I am kinda losing track of who is in charge now........I know a few mods who dont get on here anymore but they would like to.......just to prove a point........
Let's just say that I am acting as a Federal Marshall in the wild, wild west!

:mrgreen:

Kentucky Trojan
SE

...or you could say that I am holding off this wild bunch of Indians while I wait for the Cavalry to arrive!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
TigerTownTurkey wrote:Hello Santa..........KT, just curious are u a mod now.........I am kinda losing track of who is in charge now........I know a few mods who dont get on here anymore but they would like to.......just to prove a point........
Let's just say that I am acting as a Federal Marshall in the wild, wild west!

the only Federal Marshall in the wild, wild west that I knew was Big Orange and you couldnt carry his jock-strap........unless maybe he is still around as an imposter............ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kentucky Trojan
SE

TigerTownTurkey wrote:the only Federal Marshall in the wild, wild west that I knew was Big Orange and you couldnt carry his jock-strap........unless maybe he is still around as an imposter............ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
IDK...

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

F-4 Phantom wrote:Who rewrote the rules: Matt, dowgg, Ozz, Boo? I'm good with change but if others aren't informed of change, and are being lambasted because of unwritten rules, then change can be subjective to those implementing them. We need a new and updated SOP to ensure ALL are on the same sheet of music! "Attack the issue not the person" , in reference to non members, may or may not have been instituted, I don't know. I don't have a problem with it one way or another. However, I don't blindly follow anyone! If negative posts can't be made referencing the idiotic non-members, particularly politicians, then please make it so in writing or provide official guidance. Thank You!!
I'm with u F-4.......we have been thru a lot of rule changes in our career but I cant follow a reg or rule if I dont know know what the guidelines are .........and threats arent rules or guidelines............I still think there is a snake in the pile trying to make people believe he or she is in charge..........

You mentioned doggie, Oz and Orange and I mentioned a couple of Mods who would rather I dont mention their names but where Kentucky Trojan came from is a mystery to me.......... :roll: :roll:

Kentucky Trojan
SE

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
F-4 Phantom wrote:Who rewrote the rules: Matt, dowgg, Ozz, Boo? I'm good with change but if others aren't informed of change, and are being lambasted because of unwritten rules, then change can be subjective to those implementing them. We need a new and updated SOP to ensure ALL are on the same sheet of music! "Attack the issue not the person" , in reference to non members, may or may not have been instituted, I don't know. I don't have a problem with it one way or another. However, I don't blindly follow anyone! If negative posts can't be made referencing the idiotic non-members, particularly politicians, then please make it so in writing or provide official guidance. Thank You!!
I'm with u F-4.......we have been thru a lot of rule changes in our career but I cant follow a reg or rule if I dont know know what the guidelines are .........and threats arent rules or guidelines............I still think there is a snake in the pile trying to make people believe he or she is in charge..........

You mentioned doggie, Oz and Orange and I mentioned a couple of Mods who would rather I dont mention their names but where Kentucky Trojan came from is a mystery to me.......... :roll: :roll:
Hey, if you want an out-of-control website, then be my guest.

I can find better things to do with my time.

If Matt wants me, he knows who to contact in order to find me...

Au revoir....

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

F-4 will be here when he gets off work...........I think he has a comment about an "our-of-control" website.........

Would u like a few suggestions on how to spend ur time.........maybe Matt can give u another assignment other than making u a cop on the chat forum.........

interesting that Matt would want u.......

It is Christmas.......maybe he has a nice present for u other than making u an "OUt of Control Website" person.....seems like an awful boring title.............

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:...or you could say that I am holding off this wild bunch of Indians while I wait for the Cavalry to arrive!

Or you could just say you are a regular member who is way overstepping the bounds of being just a member and not a Mod. I did a little checking and the Mods have no clue who you are or why you are suddenly the "Chat Forum Police".

Personally I think all the threats are a little much.

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

i was told today in an e-mail that someone is starting a boycott of seopreps on facebook [never get on it]. anyone heard anything?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

mustang_lvr wrote:i was told today in an e-mail that someone is starting a boycott of seopreps on facebook [never get on it]. anyone heard anything?
I am on FB every day and I havent seen or heard that rumor.........and I know a ton of folks that post on FB.............

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

what is sort of strange about the email is i have no idea who the person is. i just thought it was someone trying to start something.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

mustang_lvr wrote:what is sort of strange about the email is i have no idea who the person is. i just thought it was someone trying to start something.
probably is, I would just consider it spam and delete it............

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

the way the whole thing read made it sound like someone from this site and how would they know my e-mail address. It wasn't sent in a pm from here. i have deleted it.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:Basic rule:

Attack the issue and not the person...

...nobody is being lambasted...

.....just post without attacking other individuals and there will be no problems...

...if an individual fails to follow this basic rule, then this individual will be suspended...

I respect you wanting to help cleanup personal attacks on fellow posters. This action is long overdue. I'll follow suit, as long as it's reciprocated. But, until basic rules are changed/published I'll continue to call elected/public officials every adjective that fits their ignorance. I'll also post on political threads being added to the chat forum, since there isn't a written rule against such posts. If I cross the line in responding to a personal attack leveled at me and I get the infamous timeout, so be it. I'm a big boy! I won't instigate but I will respond accordingly.

I'd love to see some of the calvary on horseback! :mrgreen: That would be a sight for sore eyes! :shock: :shock: :shock:

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

this site wasn't out of control until certain topics kept popping up to get people upset.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

it got much more under control when abuck got the boot . been far far far less BS on here the past 30 days .

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Much of the frustration many are feeling including myself, has come about as a result of the posting of politics. I really don't even know where we stand. We have some who post about President Obama and issues related to the presidency and then claim it's not political. That is not being bought by anyone.

My suggestion would be to allow politics OR don't allow politics .....which should include not allowing posters to speak about any governmental elected office holders.

And then you have those who post about hot botton political issues and claim they are NOT posting about politics! You can't separate the two. Either cut it off completely or allow it would be my recommendation.

Return to “The Off season”