Swearing In - How Messed Up Our Nation Has Become!

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Swearing In - How Messed Up Our Nation Has Become!

Post by kantuckyII »

The Rev. Louis Giglio has withdrawn from participating in President Obama's Inauguration after he came under fire for an anti-gay sermon he delivered in the 1990s.

Giglio had been slated to perform the Benediction at the swearing in ceremony Jan. 21.

“We were not aware of Pastor Giglio’s past comments at the time of his selection and they don’t reflect our desire to celebrate the strength and diversity of our country at this Inaugural," inaugural committee spokeswoman Addie Whisenant said in a statement Thursday.

"Pastor Giglio was asked to deliver the benediction in large part for his leadership in combating human trafficking around the world. As we now work to select someone to deliver the benediction, we will ensure their beliefs reflect this administration’s vision of inclusion and acceptance for all Americans.“

A liberal blog, Think Progress, reported on the sermon Wednesday, saying Giglio espoused "rabidly anti-LGBT views."
But yet......he's going swear in on TWO BIBLES!
When President Obama takes the public oath of office on Monday, Jan. 21 – the federal holiday commemorating the birth of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. – he will use a Bible that belonged to the slain civil rights leader.

The president’s inaugural planners will announce Thursday morning that the Bible, a leather-bound book that was given to Dr. King in 1954 and contains some of his handwritten inscriptions, is one of two Bibles that Mr. Obama will use for his public swearing-in.

The other is a Bible that belonged to Abraham Lincoln, which Mr. Obama also used during his 2009 swearing-in. The Lincoln Bible, bound in burgundy velvet with gilded edges, is part of the collections of the Library of Congress and was originally purchased by the clerk of the Supreme Court for his swearing-in on March 4, 1861.
Jesus, The Word Of God, would not be allowed here buy yet they'll swear in on the closed Bibles, His Word. So messed up! Here you have a man preaching from his word, a preacher expounding on it and he is not going to be there because of his preaching the Word and yet Obama lays hand on two copies of it?!!!

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Re: Swearing In - How Messed Up Our Nation Has Become!

Post by abuck76 »

He does not have to swear, nor put his hand on a bible............But I respect him for following the TRADITION of using the Lincoln bible and for choosing Dr. Kings bible also.......... :12224

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Tuck, Im missing your point here. Dr. King and Lincoln both used a KJV bible, soooo....whats your point ? You should be just fine with that.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Space Cowboy wrote:Tuck, Im missing your point here. Dr. King and Lincoln both used a KJV bible, soooo....whats your point ? You should be just fine with that.

My point is! .......Why swear in on a Holy Bible, when a man who had spoke from it, is not allowed there and has been cast as something evil just for opening it up and preaching the truths from it?

If THEY think the Word of God is so evil, then why have a president lay his hand on it and take the oath of office?

The hypocrisy is absolutely insane. You know it is not the physical book that is the Word of God but it is the Words that are found within. But the Words are found within have been deemed unacceptable.

The word of God contains the light of God. When his Word is closed, the light is hidden, but when it is opened the light is shed. The darkness is acceptable but the light is not.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

You do not even have to use a bible....The words "so help me God" are not in the Constitution......Tuck, learn about our country and its history.....Learn about our Constitution and its history..........You will be amazed at how much really amazing things there are............This is the first time that the Lincoln bible has been used for this purpose since 1861...Pretty cool..........Obama is not the first to use two bibles, as Truman and Eisenhower did, and Richard Nixon also!!.....JOe BIden is using a bible with Celtic Cross on it.............There is no record of a Bible being used from the time of George Washington's second inauguration through to the inauguration of John Quincy Adams, but it is believed Washington grabbed a Masonic BIble in a rush to the ceremony, but nothing is mentioned about putting his hand on it........... The only record of John Tyler's "swearing-in" is an affidavit where there's no mention of a Bible.................Some say Franklin Pierce affirmed his oath of office on a law book...........Theodore Roosevelt did not use a Bible at his first swearing-in ceremony. .............Calvin Coolidge did not place his hand on the Bible, which was close-by, when sworn in by his father, which is also pretty cool!!................Rutherford B. Hayes, at his Sunday, March 3, 1877 private ceremony, did not use a Bible...............JFK did not place his hand on his family Duoay Bible, which rested on top of the podium...............Lyndon Johnson used Jacqueline Kennedy's Catholic Missal (prayer book) while on board Air Force One, after Kennedy had been shot.............The Constitution lays out exactly what is to be said, and you will notice it says 'or affirm", which means you do not even have to swear........Most people believe this was put in for Quakers and non-theists, again evidence of the Framers wanting religious freedom, and to keep Religion out of Government.........Here is the oath in the Constitution, word for word......"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.".....No mention of God or a bible.........Simply try and enjoy the pomp, and smile.......... :-D ...................... :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I have no idea how tall you are but I assume you Lay on your belly a lot for things goes right over your head

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Keep the bible in church not in Government............ :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Then start your own thread, you are completely off-topic here

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

The bible is part of the traditional swearing in.....Thus the discussion of it is perfectly on topic............I wish more people would learn about what the Constitution says about the swearing in and the use of a bible.............. :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

And I wish you had a brain sometimes. I am saying it is seemingly foolish to me to have a man lay his hands on the book and swear by it, while those who preach from it, are not allowed at the ceremony.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Here we go once more. I think you're one of the biggest reasons people don't want to come back this site, it's like you're trying to work with someone who has brain damage. I am saying it would seem to me that those in charge there view the Word of God as something evil, or that God Himself is evil.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Where did you see that preachers are not ALLOWED at the ignauguration?? :roll: .......That is simply not true..........And Obama and his family, Biden and his family are all Christians and do not look at the bible as evil nor God as evil.....Once again, you use your opinion as fact........Try and use facts once in a while......... :12224

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Welcome back abuck! I love your persistence :122249

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Can not keep a good man down.. ;-) .....thanks brother........ :-D .................. :12224

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

kantuckyII wrote:And I wish you had a brain sometimes. I am saying it is seemingly foolish to me to have a man lay his hands on the book and swear by it, while those who preach from it, are not allowed at the ceremony.
Is Westboro Baptist Preacher going to be there???

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Why would Westboro be there? They don't preach the Bible

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I didn't know much about them but found this that reminds me of someone who posts on here.

The Westboro Baptist Church believes that Barack Obama is the Antichrist, and that he forms an Unholy Trinity with Satan

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

tucky, I understand the point you're making. Not all who read and post on here are the Devil's advocate.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I know, I know lol....it's just so funny to me

Return to “The Off season”