A Presidential Thought

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

A Presidential Thought

Post by kantuckyII »

I got to thinking earlier..I mean, I know the guy is high. He's had butt kissers and knee benders slobbering all over him the last couple of days. He probably thinks he's pretty darned hot stuff right now but the truth of the matter is, he just barely had 50% of the vote. Polls show he's lost several approval points in the last couple of weeks so that 50% probably isn't something he can count on being in 'his corner' anymore. Then, out of those who did vote for him, you know, many voted for him despite being several things that he stood for or believed in that they can't stand. They still voted for him because they were in the air..weren't sure of Romney etc etc etc but they were very uneasy about electing Obama for that second term.

So...here you have a guy who has 50% of the people who can't stand him...another 5 to 10% are pulling back from him. Pondering upon that must be pretty darned depressing after the crowd has all gone home today!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: A Presidential Thought

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

You are definitely one weird, messed up person.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

If you voted for Obama, then, sir, it is YOU who are one weird messed up person! and it's been my observation over the last few years that you wouldn't even need that on your resume. It's you all the way :122246 :122245

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

...says the kettle to the pot. :mrgreen:

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

He won by a much wider margin than bush........He won with 52% of the vote and a wide margin electorally.........It was a good win, and far away from a squeaker......He could have lost Ohio, Florida, and Virginia and he would have still won..........That is how far out of touch the GOP is.......I am not slamming the GOP here, but they have been watching the parade without joining in..........Will they recover from the malaise the GOP is in ?...I truly do not know.......I really do hope they can as we need another viable, but reasonable political party to make our system work........And the devil you know is much better than the devil you do not............The dems have the people on their side.....And the dems will win in 2016 again if the reps. do not realize what is going on in this country.......... :12224

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

kantuckyII wrote:I got to thinking earlier..I mean, I know the guy is high. He's had butt kissers and knee benders slobbering all over him the last couple of days. He probably thinks he's pretty darned hot stuff right now but the truth of the matter is, he just barely had 50% of the vote. Polls show he's lost several approval points in the last couple of weeks so that 50% probably isn't something he can count on being in 'his corner' anymore. Then, out of those who did vote for him, you know, many voted for him despite being several things that he stood for or believed in that they can't stand. They still voted for him because they were in the air..weren't sure of Romney etc etc etc but they were very uneasy about electing Obama for that second term.

So...here you have a guy who has 50% of the people who can't stand him...another 5 to 10% are pulling back from him. Pondering upon that must be pretty darned depressing after the crowd has all gone home today!
I did not vote for The President. I also do not think he has done a good job. That being said, It is inaccurate to say I can't stand him." just because a person does not vote for you, doesnt mean you can't stand them. You have made it clear that you don't like the president, you have made it clear that you can't stand him, that is fine with me, but don't lump your feelings towards a man you have never even talked to, with the rest of the USA.

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

kantuckyII wrote:If you voted for Obama, then, sir, it is YOU who are one weird messed up person! and it's been my observation over the last few years that you wouldn't even need that on your resume. It's you all the way :122246 :122245
Your team was beaten bad and you just can't take it. Can we put some music to it?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

This is laughable ! :lol: :lol: :lol: The GOP spent several YEARS trying to RIG the system yb requiring photo IDs and in general, suppressing the votes of Ds in many states. Many states had wait lines of many, many hours( 9 hours in a couple of states) and yet, the Ds overwhelmed them on election day. Even the famous gerrymandering the GOP engaged in failed as they LOST seats in the House where they had a HUGE re-election advantage but yet got fewer votes than the Ds did. What a farce ! And its only going to get worsebecause the GOP policies and ideas of the Far Right are hated by the vast majority of the voters .

Seriously ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Oh good night Paladin - go set in the corner and suck your thumb - what a cry baby post loo

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

In life, it is the facts that count. And the fact is this; Obama IS President and will be for the next four years. Elections matter.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

The GOP is screwed. Change or die.

FORWARD!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

FACT -- voter suppression of Ds by the Rs in many, many states.

FACT -- gerrymandering by Rs still produced fewer votes for them as the Ds outvoted them

FACT -- Obama easily re-elected, both by popular vote and in the electoral college

FACT -- there is a sick demented old man eaten alive with his sick religion who pollutes a message board that most laugh at.

FACT -- he'll be dead soon and all will be well.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

A question for the cons on here that say their beliefs are based on Christian principles............ :12224

Return to “The Off season”