Good CHristian Pastor..NO

General Chat
abuck76
SEOPS HO

Good CHristian Pastor..NO

Post by abuck76 »

A waitress waits on a party of 20, and the Pastor stiffs her on her tip after writing this asinine statement................She posts it on internet, The Christian Pastor complains, and Applebees fires this poor waitress.................BOYCOTT Applebees.........These so-called Christians are the root of all evil..........Shameful........I would only hope that when Jesus does come back , he appears as a poor hard working waiter and a CHristian refuses a tip..........Pitiful.......... :12224

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/ap ... 20748.html

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Re: Good CHristian Pastor..NO

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

Is man worth 18% when most of the time God does not get his 10%???

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Thanks for posting aback! This story just leaves most of us shaking our head. Shameful indeed!

I won't be eating at Applebees anytime soon.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Great!!.....and ky, you just do not get it....... :12224

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

Abuck, you are guilty of the same thing that you often complain about. You lump all Christians together. This so called pastor should not reflect all Christians who do treat people with respect. I actually thought at one time on here you called yourself a Christian. I would assume you are guilty to?

Kentucky Trojan
SE

abuck76 wrote:Great!!.....and ky, you just do not get it....... :12224
...as a teacher, you should know a rhetorical question when you see one.

:mrgreen:

PS...I was once a waiter at Red Lobster some 23 years ago and my grandparents worked in the restaurant business for over 40 years...so I know a little bit about the biz.....

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Then both of you should know that Sundays and christians make for very small, if any, tips.........Christians are the worse tippers around.....Ask anyone who works in a restaurant.........I also , back in college, worked in restaurants, and I do know for what I speak.........To not tip is one thing, but to complain to the manager to get this girl fired for calling out a cheap skate who supposedly is a voice for the giving, charitable nature of Jesus, is quite another.........And Applebys is only showing themselves for the economic whores that they are...........Shameful...... :12224

Kentucky Trojan
SE

abuck76 wrote:Then both of you should know that Sundays and christians make for very small, if any, tips.........Christians are the worse tippers around.....Ask anyone who works in a restaurant.........I also , back in college, worked in restaurants, and I do know for what I speak.........To not tip is one thing, but to complain to the manager to get this girl fired for calling out a cheap skate who supposedly is a voice for the giving, charitable nature of Jesus, is quite another.........And Applebys is only showing themselves for the economic whores that they are...........Shameful...... :12224
I can tell that you don't like snow days, abuck...

:lol:

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Oh, I love them........ Gives me a chance to catch up on grading and all of the insane paperwork that is being thrown at educators.......... :12224

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm a sales manager....lot's of dinners. Unless the service is bad, the tip is always 20%. In a lot of restaurants, the tips are shared with the other staff. And the IRS assumes they are getting these tips on top of their poverty wages so the cut is extra deep when the tip is stiffed.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Or Applebees and similar reastaurants could include the 18% customary tip fee on the bill and then the customer could request it be reduced or removed on cause.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

dazed&confused wrote:I'm a sales manager....lot's of dinners. Unless the service is bad, the tip is always 20%. In a lot of restaurants, the tips are shared with the other staff. And the IRS assumes they are getting these tips on top of their poverty wages so the cut is extra deep when the tip is stiffed.
Do you pay for your meals or does the company pay for your meals?

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

What difference does it make?.... :12224

Kentucky Trojan
SE

abuck76 wrote:What difference does it make?.... :12224

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:I'm a sales manager....lot's of dinners. Unless the service is bad, the tip is always 20%. In a lot of restaurants, the tips are shared with the other staff. And the IRS assumes they are getting these tips on top of their poverty wages so the cut is extra deep when the tip is stiffed.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:Do you pay for your meals or does the company pay for your meals?
This is what I was referring to......... :12224

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
Kentucky Trojan wrote:
D&C?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
The company reimburses my expenses and has guidelines for tipping...meals 15-20%. Next question.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

SHE isn't supposed to be a pastor to start with...secondly that waitress sure showed bad judgement posting that.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

dazed&confused wrote:
Kentucky Trojan wrote:
The company reimburses my expenses and has guidelines for tipping...meals 15-20%. Next question.
BTW, when I dine out on my own dime, I ALWAYS follow the same rule.

Return to “The Off season”