General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Watch Out! Imagine He's Got A Grenade!

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, for heaven's sakes! :roll:
Colorado boy, 7, reportedly faces suspension for tossing imaginary grenade

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/05/co ... z2K91uMAYw
A Colorado second-grader may be suspended from his elementary school after he disobeyed a key rule of no weapons, real or imaginary, when he tossed an imaginary grenade Friday during recess and went, 'pshhh,' to indicate that the imaginary device detonated, KDVR.com reported.

Alex Watkins,7, who attends Mary Blair Elementary in Loveland, said he was playing the game "Rescue the World." He plays the role of a heroic soldier out to rid the world of an evil threat. His duties led him to throw the imaginary grenade into a box he pretended contained evil forces. He said he didn't make any threats and was playing by himself, KDVR.com reported.

The school has a list of 'absolutes' that states no weapons, even if they're imaginary. A phone call Tuesday morning from FoxNews.com to the school was not immediately returned. "Honestly, I don’t think the rule is very realistic for kids this age," Mandie Watkins, Alex's mom, told KDVR.com. "I think that when a child is trying to save the world, I don't think he should be punished for it." Alex, for his part, told the station that he can’t believe he got "dispended."

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Watch Out! Imagine He's Got A Grenade!

Post by Tigercannon71 »

This is the kind of liberal BS we got to put up with. My goodness we brought toy guns to play with at school. Heck I had sn arsenal of toy guns as a kid. We all did. Even today as an adult I get bored and doodle guns and tanks on my paper. Instead of teaching schools are worried about stupid stuff.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

tigercannon71 wrote:This is the kind of liberal BS we got to put up with. My goodness we brought toy guns to play with at school. Heck I had sn arsenal of toy guns as a kid. We all did. Even today as an adult I get bored and doodle guns and tanks on my paper. Instead of teaching schools are worried about stupid stuff.
It is called liability.

BTW, could you imagine what school children teased abuck about during his childhood?

:lol:

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Im sure the kids still tease abuck.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:BTW, could you imagine what school children teased abuck about during his childhood?

:lol:
tigercannon71 wrote:Im sure the kids still tease abuck.
They still do. He only thinks they believe what he tells them.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Rent Free............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ................. :12224

Return to “The Off season”