Softball Coach Accused of Sending Team to Find Him Dates

General Chat
Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Softball Coach Accused of Sending Team to Find Him Dates

Post by Tigercannon71 »

..Softball Coach Accused of Sending Team to Find Him Dates
..By ABC News .Posts .By ABC News | ABC News Blogs – Sun, Mar 10, 2013 8:29 PM EDT

A high school softball coach has resigned after he was accused of using his team of girls to find him dates.

Troy Hennum submitted his resignation to Seattle Public Schools on Friday, officials said, after his dating scavenger hunt was brought to their attention by a woman who said she was targeted for a date.

Kat Aagard, 25, said she was flattered when a group of giggling girls from Roosevelt High School came into the sporting goods store where she works.

"They asked me if they could get my phone number and picture for their coach," she told ABC News.

What Aagard didn't know was that the girls' coach, Hennum, had allegedly sent them out to find him possible dates.

"I wasn't sure what to think at first," she said.

Aagard shared text messages with ABC News that she said were sent by Hennum. The sender confessed right away to using the female players to help him find dates.

'Right? Genius. Great way to meet a girl. Use my girls. LOL," the sender wrote.

Aagard carried on the text conversation for more than an hour, even complimenting him when he said he teaches special education.

"He seemed like a nice enough guy for a while," Aagard said.

She had a change of heart, she said, after she searched for Hennum online and found articles about his departure from another school in nearby Lake Washington.

The Lake Washington School District reportedly found no cause to discipline Hennum for texting a student in an April 2012 incident, but he was not on staff the next season.

"I was completely … shocked to see something inappropriate happened with this coach before," Aagard said.

She decided to report him to the principal of Roosevelt High School.

Aagard told ABC News' Seattle affiliate KOMO-TV that Hennum called her to apologize.

"I want to call and, first off, sincerely apologize for any inconvenience myself or the team caused you," he allegedly said in a voicemail.

Hennum did not respond to a request from ABC News for comment.
Whats everyones opinions on this? Myself I dont see anything really wrong with it. He's not having a relationship with a player. Unless he's telling players either find me a girl or Im going to bench you or cut you from my team then I think this is a silly situtaion that has gotten blown out of porportion.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Softball Coach Accused of Sending Team to Find Him Dates

Post by Orange and Brown »

It seems harmless, but it does blur the line some.

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Let's help coach. He's having trouble at third base.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

This is a bit of a turn around.....an adult using teenagers as pimps :lol: :lol:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

I really have trouble finding anything humorous about this..........."teenagers as pimps".........I hope they fry his a$$........

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:I really have trouble finding anything humorous about this..........."teenagers as pimps".........I hope they fry his a$$........
Everything has a humorous side.....sorry you do not get it :roll: :roll:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Runner wrote:
TigerTownTurkey wrote:I really have trouble finding anything humorous about this..........."teenagers as pimps".........I hope they fry his a$$........
Everything has a humorous side.....sorry you do not get it :roll: :roll:
Oh I get it...........like I said u and him can kiss my a$$.............sorry you dont get it......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bryce
Freshman Team

Post by Bryce »

moose wrote:Let's help coach. He's having trouble at third base.
Runner wrote:This is a bit of a turn around.....an adult using teenagers as pimps :lol: :lol:
Both quotes are funny as hell.

I don't see anything that would be considered illegal. TTT....what do you see in the story that would cause you to say "I hope they fry his a$$"?

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:like I said u and him can kiss my a$$
What's up with the personal attack on me? Oh...you must have learned that from your buddy abuck that is no longer here. I am not worried about it though. I will just consider the source it came from.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Bryce wrote:
moose wrote:Let's help coach. He's having trouble at third base.
Runner wrote:This is a bit of a turn around.....an adult using teenagers as pimps :lol: :lol:
Both quotes are funny as hell.

I don't see anything that would be considered illegal. TTT....what do you see in the story that would cause you to say "I hope they fry his a$$"?
The whole story is funny is one is just smart enough to think about it.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Runner wrote:
TigerTownTurkey wrote:like I said u and him can kiss my a$$
What's up with the personal attack on me? Oh...you must have learned that from your buddy abuck that is no longer here. I am not worried about it though. I will just consider the source it came from.
Who is abuck..........dont start something you cant finish ol buddy............dont consider the source........this is me..........ike I said u and him can kiss my a$$...........nothing humorous about teen age pimps.........

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

It was a joke and the :lol: :lol: proves it....Just like the post above that said "Let's help coach. He's having trouble at third base".

Don't pretend you didn't understand that. Well maybe you don't.

As for your question "Who is abuck?" You know the same as everyone....he is a nobody

One more thing...I am not your "ol buddy".
Last edited by Runner on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

I'll be back tonight to respond to that ..........hang around, I can hang with the best of them.....but u r not 1 of the best of them.......

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

That's funny right there.....I have never seen you "hang with the best of them" unless you attack them.

Bryce
Freshman Team

Post by Bryce »

Runner, every thread has one and I am sure you know what I mean, and this thread has one in TTT.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

I know what you mean and I have to say that I do agree.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Bryce and Runner.......would u feel the same if your child was asked to get a coach a date............if so I can now understand where u r coming from......and I am not attacking either of you.....just voicing my opinion.........and dont think I am going to back off......

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Its not like he was propositioning the girls on his team. It was not like he was "sneaking" around since the girls described "their mission" to who they confronted.

It seems that the girl in the following picture that he texted was interested or she would not have given out her personal information.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Wow this escalated. Ok maybe like O&B said it might blur a line some, but really I don't see the harm in it.

Return to “The Off season”