WEATHER COMPETITION THREAD.

General Chat
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

WEATHER COMPETITION THREAD.

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Saturday, chance of light snow. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected. Watch out for next week as well. Calling for a big Valentine's day storm. I'll have to keep watching the WC for updates on that big boy. But for now, Dr. Timmy is having full details and is watching it as it developes. It's something to pay attention to. Bringing central and northern Cal much needed precip and on the rampage, headed east. You better hope this baby tracks north Bolt. Might get another 2 skeptical inches. :lol: :lol: :lol: Trivia: How much snow has hocking and the surrounding counties had this year so far. Anyone? :-D

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: WEATHER COMPETITION THREAD.

Post by C-Bolt »

You kill me trench! You and that weather :lol: :lol: :lol: I know Ganahl mentioned just the other night Columbus total snowfall for the year, but you'll never see Logan,have to hope for the local rag on that one,good luck they didn't even have the total from the other night! Hey maybe our old buddy noreply has kept track with his chinese weather guage :lol: BTW what do I win if I get it ? A trip to Moonville?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This year I would say 13 inches but going back to November I would say 39 inches

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:You kill me trench! You and that weather :lol: :lol: :lol: I know Ganahl mentioned just the other night Columbus total snowfall for the year, but you'll never see Logan,have to hope for the local rag on that one,good luck they didn't even have the total from the other night! Hey maybe our old buddy noreply has kept track with his chinese weather guage :lol: BTW what do I win if I get it ? A trip to Moonville?
I don't know the total either, but Noreply looks close. Seems about right. Thought I would start this thread for all weather opinions for the different seasons. My favorite is coming up, Severe storms in the springtime/early summer. Really no prize on this thread, just like to see other posters opinions and maybe agree and disagree a bit with each other. All for fun. :lol: :lol: Anybody heard anything different on the Saturday snow that is coming?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

My kids have missed so much school this year that they'll still be making up days in July! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I normally love winter, but even by my standards, this one has been brutal. Bring on Spring already!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

They said Columbus has had 47 inches for the year,7th most all time :122246,still in the 1-3 range this week end trench with light snow both days they say :122247 BTW I checked on pork chop weather extended forecast for the big valentines day storm you mentioned and they have partly cloudy that day :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:lol: I knew you would say that. :lol: They are calling it a valentines storm because its suppose to be here the week of valentines. They haven't called for a specific day. Just like an Easter (Bunny day) snow storm. Never really get it that day but it hits in the week of Easter sometimes. Just a valentine storm C-bolt they have been talking about during the week of. Oaf, I am ready for spring too buddy, I'm tired of all this cold and sloppy/frozen messy $hit.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

All okay I got ya,in your post you said valentines DAY storm ,so that's why I thought that LOL.Still didn't see anything significant as far as precip all that time.Hope all that $hit is behind us now.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Well that's strange,they had one predicted for last year too.Wonder how that one turned out? :aaaaa46
http://theweathercentre.blogspot.com/20 ... storm.html

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I haven't even heard anybody talk about it the last 2 days, Chris Bradley on channel 10 mentioned it a few days ago as well but not a peep recently. Must be puckered out or not going to get it now. Little change in the Saturday snow but moved most of that for Saturday night and Sunday. But only 1 to 3 inches they say. :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

30 to 40 percent chance of snow this coming Thursday and Friday

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

There it is Bolt, Noreply is hearing about it. That 30 to 40 percent is a long range look at the percentage chances, but when it moves closer it will grab some gulf moisture and the percentage will rise, it always does. I hope not, but that's the valentines week storm Noreply is referring to. :(

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

If they keep predicting same thing every year they eventually get it right I would think.Last year we got a big 0 in precip.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

To even make a prediction, they know ahead of time if a low/high pressure systems is headed towards an area they are predicting, or they wouldn't have a prediction at all. Good or bad. 100% or 0% :lol: :lol: Prediction's are different all the time. Might seem the same but never the same prediction every year. That can change from day to day, and year to year. Weather patterns rarely stay the same. :lol: :lol: But had an idea this winter would be bad, if the cold air stayed in place, because we had one he(( of a wet summer last year. Takes time to get out of extreme moisture pattern, and it rolled over right into this winter. The WC was calling for that too, last fall. I told ya about it. Remember? :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Doesn't look like we will get much out of the one going through today

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Thank God, we need a break. :-D

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Well, The WC had 1 to 3. Forecast was right for this area. Right in the middle abouts, if you had 1.75 bolt. Ole RK said we got 9.5 :lol: :lol: :lol: Only way he knows how to measure. :lol: :lol: :lol: IYKWIM? :122245

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Bet that was one cold popsicle :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yeah, He's probably drunk, sleeping under the 93 over pass with a camp fire going, laying in an empty refrigerator box. He says he has before. Yep he's got one cold 9.5 popsicle alright. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

They are talking snow Friday, I heard.

Return to “The Off season”