Grand jury hands down 25 indictments to Sheriff Pat Kelly

General Chat
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Grand jury hands down 25 indictments to Sheriff Pat Kelly

Post by Orange and Brown »

Last edited by Orange and Brown on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Grand jury hands down 25 indictments to Sheriff Pat Kell

I thought someone would have something to say about this one way or another.

halfacent
Freshman Team

Post by halfacent »

I think any official that has been indicted, should be forced to step away from their office until after the case is heard.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

publicola wrote:I think any official that has been indicted, should be forced to step away from their office until after the case is heard.
I'm not saying I don't agree with you but wouldn't that run afoul of our innocent until proven guilty right?

halfacent
Freshman Team

Post by halfacent »

You are making an assumption. The tenet that you mention goes without saying. But I believe one can not fully do the job the people sent you there to do, with your mind being distracted by those very charges.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

The guy sounds very arrogant from his comments,also was being investigated for assulting a resident,even if he is not a thief he is not appropiate for that job and needs replaced. He should step down if the county has to pay two different salaries while this is being adjudcated, but if he's a thief he won't care.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

C-Bolt wrote:The guy sounds very arrogant from his comments,also was being investigated for assulting a resident,even if he is not a thief he is not appropiate for that job and needs replaced. He should step down if the county has to pay two different salaries while this is being adjudcated, but if he's a thief he won't care.
The state Supreme Court will rule on weather he has to step down or not in 14 days. I think they will make him step down, but then again who knows. I personally don't think he should be Sheriff at all. I know personal things that some folks do not and I have seen him trash and harass people who do not agree with him.
He is a crook and a bully in my opinion and Iccan't wait til he is found guilty.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I believe you O&B! I always suspected he was going a a little over board with his job,one example is them big billboards he used to put up along 33 down by the motocross complex that had pictures of people charged with drug offenses,I understand they need punished but that kind of stuff goes way over the top IMO! I just got to thinking I don't know if that was the sheriff's idea or the prosecutor but whoever it was I still think it wasn't in good taste.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

C-Bolt wrote:I believe you O&B! I always suspected he was going a a little over board with his job,one example is them big billboards he used to put up along 33 down by the motocross complex that had pictures of people charged with drug offenses,I understand they need punished but that kind of stuff goes way over the top IMO! I just got to thinking I don't know if that was the sheriff's idea or the prosecutor but whoever it was I still think it wasn't in good taste.
Have you ever noticed how whenever he gets some bad press a big drug bust happens soon after?

halfacent
Freshman Team

Post by halfacent »

Typical. Bread and Circuses.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

publicola wrote:You are making an assumption. The tenet that you mention goes without saying. But I believe one can not fully do the job the people sent you there to do, with your mind being distracted by those very charges.
I wasn't making an assumption off any kind with my post. I simply asked a yes or no question in regards to his legal rights. Like it or not, this idiot hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. Your post is the one that is assuming.

halfacent
Freshman Team

Post by halfacent »

[quote="The Oaf
I'm not saying I don't agree with you but wouldn't that run afoul of our innocent until proven guilty right?[/quote]

I understood that. You made an assumption I did not. My postulate is he should step down and let the process work. No assumption of guilt or innocent. He was indicted.

Sorry about the quote thing. Do not know how to use it yet.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

O&B - This time, I chose more well known and widely viewed forums to air my thoughts on this entire thing. Can't wait until this thing is adjudicated and is all behind us (pending the multitude of appeals that I am sure will follow if he is found guilty of any of the charges). I'll say the following:

1) Long time coming........
2) His continued pattern of denial was expected and not surprising.
3) He wants to get this into court to "clear his name". All I can say is be careful what you ask for.......

Here is what is most incredible to me. He's facing criminal charges for things that he has already previously admitted to in the media and now he's claiming he broke no laws? Hmmmmmm. That doesn't pass the smell test. :122246 :roll: :roll: :roll:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Steely Dan wrote:O&B - This time, I chose more well known and widely viewed forums to air my thoughts on this entire thing. Can't wait until this thing is adjudicated and is all behind us (pending the multitude of appeals that I am sure will follow if he is found guilty of any of the charges). I'll say the following:

1) Long time coming........
2) His continued pattern of denial was expected and not surprising.
3) He wants to get this into court to "clear his name". All I can say is be careful what you ask for.......

Here is what is most incredible to me. He's facing criminal charges for things that he has already previously admitted to in the media and now he's claiming he broke no laws? Hmmmmmm. That doesn't pass the smell test. :122246 :roll: :roll: :roll:
You sir, have head the nail on the head.

There will be a lot interesting things to read for a while.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

publicola wrote:[quote="The Oaf
I'm not saying I don't agree with you but wouldn't that run afoul of our innocent until proven guilty right?
I understood that. You made an assumption I did not. My postulate is he should step down and let the process work. No assumption of guilt or innocent. He was indicted.

Sorry about the quote thing. Do not know how to use it yet.[/quote]

For the sake of devil's advocate, humor me and state what exactly is my "assumption?"

halfacent
Freshman Team

Post by halfacent »

You stated the obvious to me, assuming I did not understand the concept of innocent until proven guilty. Your presumption was a little inappropriate.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

publicola wrote:You stated the obvious to me, assuming I did not understand the concept of innocent until proven guilty. Your presumption was a little inappropriate.
Inappropriate... :lol: :lol:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Guilty on 18 of 25 counts! Too bad they didn't nail him with all of them.Now he will probably get to go to a country club jail to serve his time if he does any jail time at all :roll:

Return to “The Off season”