OLE BAIT DANG NEAR BOUGHT THE FARM !!!!!!!!!

General Chat
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OLE BAIT DANG NEAR BOUGHT THE FARM !!!!!!!!!

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I flat out got lit up by some ''Huge Big Ole Black Hornets'' today while on the riding mower.These things had landing gear and serial numbers.They was on Ole Oz like a Channel Catfish on a floatin locust. 1 stung me right on the scar on my steel knee. And 2 more got me twice by my left eye and temple. I got so disoriented I had headphones,a John Deere hat, And Mustad polarized sun glasses, An Melon flavored Powerade goin everywhere. They were hanging on while I was pulling them off.The one on my knee musta been a power lifter, Cause he was dug in like a Georgia tick. I said a few choice words that started with SOB, And it happened over the course of 8/10 seconds whilst I was getting my crops dusted by them. So to any neighbors or passers by I may have offended. I was getting lit up. Dang near rode the mower over the bank. There must have been a dozen of em. I felt all Jiggly and sweaty fer a bit. But I'm glad that's over, And I know a hole gonna get a bit of 2 cycle gas in it tonight and go boom.At was tough man.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: OLE BAIT DANG NEAR BOUGHT THE FARM !!!!!!!!!

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I've had these white bald face hornets nail me pretty good one time when I was younger. Got up my shorts, stung 3 times in the groin area, a few got up my shirt got stung twice in the arm pit, stung on my eye lid, behind my ears, on my neck, and on the back of both of my hands several times. My eye swelled shut for a week or so, had to go to the doc and he gave me some kinda of shot. Felt sick from the stings for awhile and they hurt like crazy. Those white bald face hornets can put it on ya pretty bad. Doc said I was lucky I only got 11 stings. Those kind of hornets can kill a person.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

A white bald faced hornets nest. This is what I bumped into by accident in the woods the day they nailed me. It was in a smaller tree and some how I brushed the tree and upset them. Boy, did I ever pay for it. They brought the whole gang after me. If I wouldn't have ran out of there after I felt the first sting I probably wouldn't be here. They meant business. I went back up in there to have a look at it month later, but stayed back a ways and the nest tripled in size. One mean bee these bald face hornets are.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

If you ever see one of these, don't mess with it or disturb it in some way. The white bald face hornets will bring their whole family out to give ya a business visit by the hundreds. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/asian-gi ... id/529184/

Here's the one's you really want to avoid! I have seen a few in my house but they are not established yet in the states, but when they do people will die.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, Asian type hornet. Same body style about but them things are considered poisonous. One to two stings could cripple your whole body. Organ shut down. What's there nesting habit look like Bolt? I'll keep an eye out for those. I bet if you see them up there I bet they could be out to MJ'S.
Those bald face hornets has family hotels for thousands. That's what makes them so deadly, they can sting ya to death because there's so many that will attack if the nest is disturbed to bad. I have another story I'll tell ya about sometime Bolt. I'll tell ya a little of it now. Back in the 80's me and TD was out delivering furniture one time. He about got us killed messing with a huge bald face hornets nest on an oil well road. I'm just glad the vents was closed in the delivery truck and the windows was working right. You can imagine what he did. You wouldn't believe it. Stupid stupid stupid. I tried to tell him. I bet he never does it again, you ought to seen his face when he made it back to the truck in just the nick of time. ping ping ping ping the sound all over the truck, them things was slamming at the windows, roof, everywhere trying to get in there to him. They say those bald faced hornets can back track anything that messes with their nest. So,we drove out of there and they was still on the windows here and there clear down the road. He was laughing when we got back to the store and he told GT about it, Ole GT told him, you don't want to mess with them hornets TD, they are a smart and very aggressive.
I've seen many of those nest, and stay away, I know what they are capable of. had a run in with them 3 times in my life. They all could have been deadly. But 2 times I had cover, but that first time I was lucky and only got stung 11 times. Could have been into the hundreds. They will kill ya there is so many of them that come out of there. They won't play around. And the sting the give hurts bad for days.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I thought they came out of the ground at first. after further review. I have one of the ole concrete bench seats there in the yard. and on it was an ole ships lantern with the glass gone. I was going to torch the hole. but then we saw the nest up in the top of that ole ship light. it was bigger than a softball, looked like these here ya'll posted. we shot that thing full of raid hornet and wasp spray. and still had to stomp em out and they came out n fell.they was huge.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Trenchfoot wrote:Yep, Asian type hornet. What's there nesting habit look like Bolt?
Underground like yellow jackets.That would really make them dangerous because most of times you can't see their nest like when I got stung until its too late.I remember you wanted to throw rocks at one of them above ground nests when I had that black car off of calico ridge by that cemetery,you wanted to see them ping off the window huh huh, I talked you out of it.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:Yep, Asian type hornet. What's there nesting habit look like Bolt?
Underground like yellow jackets.That would really make them dangerous because most of times you can't see their nest like when I got stung until its too late.I remember you wanted to throw rocks at one of them above ground nests when I had that black car off of calico ridge by that cemetery,you wanted to see them ping off the window huh huh, I talked you out of it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's cool if all your vent shut offs work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: TD: the way he teased them was stupid and just asking for it. He just about had us in a deadly mess. You got to have cover quick. But I don't like hurting their nest if their out and away from people, some of those nest get huge. Just like to tease a bit. It's interesting to watch them. But the time I brushed the tree without seeing their nest, I paid the piper for it dearly. :122248

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I thought they came out of the ground at first. after further review. I have one of the ole concrete bench seats there in the yard. and on it was an ole ships lantern with the glass gone. I was going to torch the hole. but then we saw the nest up in the top of that ole ship light. it was bigger than a softball, looked like these here ya'll posted. we shot that thing full of raid hornet and wasp spray. and still had to stomp em out and they came out n fell.they was huge.
How are your stings feeling Bait? Still hurt a bit or better?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

better now thanks.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

The heck with spiders and snakes. I can give them a wide berth if I stumbled on them. But wasps and hornets are another issue. If a wasp gets in the house, I shriek and run like a little girl. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Hate those things.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

DANG I BEEN SEEIN SOME OF THEM ONES WITH THE WHITE FACE.THIS ONE HAD A KINGCAB AND ONE WAS EYEIN ME AT A HUMMINGBIRD FEEDER SATURDAY. I BACKED OFF LIKE SOMEBODY PULLED A GUN ON OLE BAIT.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:DANG I BEEN SEEIN SOME OF THEM ONES WITH THE WHITE FACE.THIS ONE HAD A KINGCAB AND ONE WAS EYEIN ME AT A HUMMINGBIRD FEEDER SATURDAY. I BACKED OFF LIKE SOMEBODY PULLED A GUN ON OLE BAIT.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I got some old yellers out on my bank now that need taken care.Big D wants to mow Friday so I gots to get them out of there.Tried the old soapy water method down the hole but they are still there,hate to do it but think I gonna have to gas them out.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:I got some old yellers out on my bank now that need taken care.Big D wants to mow Friday so I gots to get them out of there.Tried the old soapy water method down the hole but they are still there,hate to do it but think I gonna have to gas them out.
That's how they did it Asplundh. Burn the suckers out of there. I had a feeling the soap water trick wouldn't work if there's a bunch of them down in there. Pour a half gallon of gas down in there tonight, and light it. End of problem. No worry about setting a bunch of your grass on fire. It's too wet. Do it late when there's a bunch of dew on the grass, even help more on burning too much grass up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

USE 2 CYCLE IT WON'T BURN OFF AS QUICK. AT'S WHAT I DO.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Yep I think that's what i'll do bait.I got a can of it out there in the shed I got to get used up anyway before winter.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Pour that down in there and throw one of those salutes on it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Afraid I wouldn't have any bank left :122246

Return to “The Off season”