Thread Lock

General Chat
wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Thread Lock

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:00 pm
mattash wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:20 am Sorry man. We let a lot go but we have always tried to be respectful to parents and coaches.

Like you said its 2019 who cares if a kid transfers. Everyone is open enrollment right?
Open enrollment, recruiting, social media critique, etc, its all part of the modern landscape w prep athletics.

To anyone complaining I would say this.

Instead of trying to shelter your young person from reality ( critical analysis, criticism, etc) teach them that it is a reality and how to manage that reality. Build go getters.
I agree with this. If you’re not going to hide the fact of bringing kids in from other schools, don’t complain when you get scrutinized as a coach for not producing.

But as purest, I have a giant problem with the current landscape, which may be the future, but nevertheless, to me it’s not good. Kids now can’t grow up in their community, ready to play for their team. Instead they will have to worry about getting their position taken away from some transfer. Amateur High school athletics should not be tampered with. We’ve already seen the uproar from students transferring in our area.

Return to “The Off season”