Third time worked out...

General Chat
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Third time worked out...

Post by OHHS old timer »

Went to an estate sale with a pawn shop owner buddy last week....third time going to one.
Finally....

Was the winning bidder for a set of 3 Winchester 1873 rifles and a solid wood dining table with 6 chairs.

Total cost....about 4 grand. The rifles cost 3050. They were in okay shape. Dan, my pawn dealer, sent them to a gunshop in Arizona. They specialize in refurbishing old rifles and handguns. That'll set me back another grand but they will be in working order when Dan gets them back.

Took three times but I can finally add these the my collection....can't wait to get on the range with them.

Anyone else have good luck at auctions/estate sales???

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Third time worked out...

Post by Omega »

I have had a couple of occasions to be the seller at auction as executor of estates. No prized items like Old Timer found were for sale, but I was amazed at the spirited bidding even though the prices brought were not high. The auctioneer for both sales brought an almost religious fervor to the events. Almost like an old camp meeting.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Third time worked out...

Post by OHHS old timer »

There was an antique doll house that went for about 5K. A young woman bought it, I think.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Return to “The Off season”