Convo Refs on Saturday

General Chat
TVC
Varsity

Re: Convo Refs on Saturday

Post by TVC »

ronm001 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:30 pm
TVC wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:37 am [quote=ronm001 post_id=1648486 time=1520173088 user_ Perdue gets hammered everygame if wr hit him when flashes open and not be late with the pass he would have much less help d on him we cant pass it on the paint or we won't dont know which it is
Could someone please interpret this?
Sorry you're perfect my voice typing was bad
[/quote]

Far from perfect. Just have no idea what your trying to say.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:07 pm
Sid Farkus wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:02 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:42 pm Swingle got thumped on all night in the PV game with no calls. Nothing new though there as it was that way for 4 years. Other than that I didn’t see anything that was bad at all.
I'm not a PV fan, but you are correct. Swingle was fouled every time he touched the ball. It is a crime the way the officials allow kids to beat on him.

Also, during the SE/ Eastern game they let kids travel all over the place.
He might've been. Just seemed to be more content 10-15 feet away for the most part, for whatever reason. That's probably why I (nor the folks around me) didn't really notice it.
Just Don't see a 6'11 290 plus guy got beat around by a 6'4 220 guy jmo

You can't handle the truth
Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

TVC wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:37 am [quote=ronm001 post_id=1648486 time=1520173088 user_ Perdue gets hammered everygame if wr hit him when flashes open and not be late with the pass he would have much less help d on him we cant pass it on the paint or we won't dont know which it is
Could someone please interpret this?
[/quote]

Must have stayed after the games and stopped by court street. :lol:

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

gametime wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:48 pm
Sid Farkus wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:02 pm

I'm not a PV fan, but you are correct. Swingle was fouled every time he touched the ball. It is a crime the way the officials allow kids to beat on him.

Also, during the SE/ Eastern game they let kids travel all over the place.
He might've been. Just seemed to be more content 10-15 feet away for the most part, for whatever reason. That's probably why I (nor the folks around me) didn't really notice it.
If the 6'4" player pulled out a hammer and thumped him over the head but he didn't budge is it a foul? Unfortunately Swingle is so large a lot of the contact does not 'appear' to affect him. But, he has to fight through the contact and not get the call. Fortunately for him he will get these calls at the next level. No complaining on any other games I've seen though. And like I said at first, this is nothing new to Swingle or the Convo its happened his whole career.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I thought all games were called fine, I saw nothing that stood out that would have changed any game either way.

With the district finals coming up I hope we have crews that allow the kids to play. Nothing worse than a big game where whistles are blowing left and right. Is there any way Schwartzel can call each game? In my opinion he's the best in SE Ohio and very, very consistent.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:01 am I thought all games were called fine, I saw nothing that stood out that would have changed any game either way.

With the district finals coming up I hope we have crews that allow the kids to play. Nothing worse than a big game where whistles are blowing left and right. Is there any way Schwartzel can call each game? In my opinion he's the best in SE Ohio and very, very consistent.
I disagree. I think he has his favorites no matter what his resume says. IMO he calls what he thinks happened instead of what really happened. He makes sure everyone knows he is in control of the game instead of just doing his job and being consistent.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:01 am I thought all games were called fine, I saw nothing that stood out that would have changed any game either way.

I couldn't disagree more with this whole comment. First of all, I don't want to watch a street brawl, I want to watch a basketball game. If fouls occur, I appreciate officials doing their job and calling them. Second, let's just say I don't agree with your opinion of a good official. I'm not going to bash an official on here, but I certainly won't be giving Schwartzel any praise.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This thread sucks. Screw you ironman for starting it.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:47 am
gametime wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:48 pm

If the 6'4" player pulled out a hammer and thumped him over the head but he didn't budge is it a foul? Unfortunately Swingle is so large a lot of the contact does not 'appear' to affect him. But, he has to fight through the contact and not get the call. Fortunately for him he will get these calls at the next level. No complaining on any other games I've seen though. And like I said at first, this is nothing new to Swingle or the Convo its happened his whole career.
Maybe he should start flopping like some do, I would if I was hit with a 🔨

You can't handle the truth
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:11 pm This thread sucks. Screw you ironman for starting it.
Best thread going. Not even a close 2nd out there right now. Congrats

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth lost to Lynchburg Clay in the sectional final at Waverly. The Trojans lost, the Mustangs won, and the officials had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome.

There are many more missed layups, free throws, and turnovers than there are missed calls. I was there Saturday, and I didn't see any game decided by the officials.

Transparent
Waterboy

Post by Transparent »

trojandave wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:38 pm Portsmouth lost to Lynchburg Clay in the sectional final at Waverly. The Trojans lost, the Mustangs won, and the officials had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome.

There are many more missed layups, free throws, and turnovers than there are missed calls. I was there Saturday, and I didn't see any game decided by the officials.
Agreed. Well said.

Return to “The Off season”