General Chat
mlittle
SEOP

Re: OHSSA letter to parents

Post by mlittle »

koondoger wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:04 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:21 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:34 pm

My friend’s friend’s friend said mlittle is not guilty (this one time)
I found it easier to just agree to everything that everyone says on here.
Likely excuse. :lol:

But that'll never stand up in court. :mrgreen:
I agree

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

mlittle wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:06 pm I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. Fans are no different when it comes to yelling at referees now than they were 50 years ago. Fans haven’t gotten worse. We’re the same idiots yelling “3 seconds” “call it both ways” “that’s over the back” etc that were yelling it 50 years ago. What’s changed is the sensitivity of the officials and the general public. Everyone getting their feelings hurt way too easy. There isn’t a single referee that puts on the pin stripes that isn’t aware of the abuse that comes with the job. Here’s an idea. Just focus on getting better at your job and block out the nonsense, you’re professionals. If getting yelled at by passionate fans causes you that much grief then hang up the sneakers and do something else with your time. After reading that letter from ohsaa I’m making it my personal mission to yell at refs even more

Here’s another thought. Maybe parents are worse and it’s because the quality of the officiating has gotten so bad. Maybe the letter should read OHSAA letter to officials.
Spoken like a true used car salesman. :roll:

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Trooper wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:37 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:06 pm I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. Fans are no different when it comes to yelling at referees now than they were 50 years ago. Fans haven’t gotten worse. We’re the same idiots yelling “3 seconds” “call it both ways” “that’s over the back” etc that were yelling it 50 years ago. What’s changed is the sensitivity of the officials and the general public. Everyone getting their feelings hurt way too easy. There isn’t a single referee that puts on the pin stripes that isn’t aware of the abuse that comes with the job. Here’s an idea. Just focus on getting better at your job and block out the nonsense, you’re professionals. If getting yelled at by passionate fans causes you that much grief then hang up the sneakers and do something else with your time. After reading that letter from ohsaa I’m making it my personal mission to yell at refs even more

Here’s another thought. Maybe parents are worse and it’s because the quality of the officiating has gotten so bad. Maybe the letter should read OHSAA letter to officials.
Spoken like a true used car salesman. :roll:
New/used

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I’d love to see officiating be assigned to one fan from each side of the crowd before tip off.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Swampfox13
Riding the Bench

Post by Swampfox13 »

The technical fouls seem extreme. When they call a technical, they had better make sure the call is against the right team. The officials have a hard enough job as it is. Now you want them watching the stands to see who is yelling so they can maybe miss a call on the court.

public_transport
Waterboy

Post by public_transport »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:07 am I’d love to see officiating be assigned to one fan from each side of the crowd before tip off.
This is basically what is happening now. The only difference is ohsaa is collecting their $60 first. I’m sure if someone was there to collect the money from the fan then the ohsaa would probably be fine with it.

Return to “The Off season”