Gossip

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Paul McCartney has frozen the bank accounts he shares with Heather Mills to prevent his estranged wife from spending any more of his money,said the London Sun. Paul was disgusted by the obscene amounts of money Heather was withdrawing," a source told the Sun."It seems she is determined to spend money while she has the chance before the divorce goes through." McCartney also changed the locks on his London home after Mills began removing some of their posessions,the paper said.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Stephen King begged J.K. Rowling not to kill off Harry Potter."I don't want him to go over the Reichenbach Falls,"King told Rowling at a charity event,referring to the death of Sherlock Holmes.Rowling,who said she is "well into" the seventh and final book in her best-selling series,replied only that "some people will loathe it and some people will love it,but that's how it should be." She added that "a couple of characters I expected to survive have died and one character got a reprieve."

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Boy George lashed out at reporters last week as he began court-ordered community service--sweeping trash of the sidewalks of New York,the Associated Press reported."You think you're better than me?" he yelled."Go Home!" The singer,whose real name is George O'Dowd,was ordered to spend five days working for the Department of Sanitation,after pleading guilty in March to falsely reporting a burglary at his Manhattan apartment.Cops said that when they arrived,they found 3.5 grams of cocaine.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Actress Kate Hudson and her husband,Black Crowes singer Chris Robinson are splitting,says People.Hudson,27,and Robinson,39,have been married for six years and have a 2-year-old son.Hudson recently remarked that there's no such thing as a "perfect marriage," and she warned prospective newlyweds that married life can be tough."No one should get married if they think it's going to be a fairy tale,"she said.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hugh Grant has been engaged to his girlfriend,heiressJemima Khan, for months says the London Mirror.The couple wanted to keep their engagement secret,but friends-angered by reports that the couple's two-year romance was on the rocks-came forward to set the record straight."Hugh and Jemima have had their ups and downs,"says one friend."But they're the happiest they've been in a long time."Because of Grants filming schedule,the wedding won't take place until 2008,friends said.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Two supermodels are squaring off over the right to be called "the Body." Australian Elle McPherson,42,has been known as"the Body" for more than two decades.But now German model Heidi Klum is claiming the moniker,after appearing in a Victoria's Secret ad campaign for a seamless bra called the Body."It's a big honor having a bra named after my nickname,"says Klum. McPherson's reps expressed outrage."We're like,Oh,my God!" a spokeswoman told the New York Daily News. "In terms of public record,that name belongs to Elle."

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Mel Gibson pleaded no contest to DUI last week and was sentenced to three years of probation,fined $1,600,and ordered to attend 12-step meetings five times a week for the next four and a half months.But fallout from the actor's arrest's and anti-Semitic tirade continued when an Australian newspaper reported that in 2004,Gibson and his father had attended an event hosted by the Australian League of Rights,a Holocaustdenial group.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Osama bin Laden was obsessed with Whitney Houston according to a new book by a Sudanese woman who says she was the terrorist's sex slave 10 years ago. "He said that he had a paramount desire for Whitney Houston,and although he claimed music was evil he spoke of someday spending vast amounts of money to go to America and try to arrange a meeting with the superstar," Kola Boof says .She adds that bin Laden frequently talked about "how beautiful she was, what a nice smile she has,how truely Islamic she is but is just brainwashed by American culture and by her husband, Bobby Brown." Osama,she says,often remarked that he wanted to have Brown killed.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn last week denied widespread reports that they had gotten engaged."Normally we don't even acknowledge these things,because they're endless,"Aniston told People after Us Weekly trumpeted the news on its cover.But "when it starts to travel over into the Today show and CNN,and supposedly reliable and accurate news programs,then you just go,--This is insane.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

CBS doctored a publicity photo of Katie Couric in the issue of its official magazine Watch to make her appear about 20 pounds slimmer ,TVnewser reported last week.CBS News blamed "an overzealous employee in the pubicity department" for the digital alteration."I liked the first picture better,because there's more of me to love."said Couric

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Mel Gibson apolgized to the two police officers he verbally abused during his drunken driving arrest two months ago. Gibson invited them to the premiere of his new movie,and sent the female officer---whom he had called Sugar ts, a $500 bouquet of flowers.She was quite touched and I'm sure the two arresting officers will take him up on his invitation said a member of the Los Aneles County Sheriff's Department in Malibu.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Barbara Walters has asked Rosie O'Donnell to stop blogging about her new job on The View. O'Donnell,who has been keeping a stream-of-consciousness online diary since 2004,recently wrote,"I saw the new view promos/and found myself in the postion/i loathe most / powerless/ it will be hard 4 me/2 not b/ the boss/ it is already/and we have only just begun." I don't like the blog," Walters told Newsweek. This is after all ,an entertainment show.It is based on people who like each other and are having a good time,not on people who are arguing and unhappy." O'Donnell apologized to Walters with a bouquet of flowers.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The NFL has asked teams to stop playing "Rock and Roll,Part II" now that singer/songwriter Gary Glitter is serving three years in a Vietnamese prison for child molestation.Several teams have found substitues for the one-word anthem ("Na na na na ,Hey!"), including the 1812 Overture, and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's "Go Daddy-O." But when the Kansas City Chiefs asked fans to vote for a replacement, they were flooded with e-mails demanding that the team keep the original.The Chiefs will now use a nearly identical-sounding cover version of Glitter's song,performed by the Tube Tops.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Britney Spears gave birth to her second child last week.Sutton Pierce shares his initials,and almost his birthday,with his 1-year-old,brother Sean Preston.The child was delivered by Caesarian section.Mom and baby are doing well,thanks,but we're all really tired, said father Kevin Fererline.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Lindsay Lohan made her fourth trip to the emergency room this year after fracturing her wrist during a Fashion Week party in New York last week.A representative for the actress said she is considering legal action against the party's host for failing to protect guest from slipping.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A wobbly keith Richards had to be propped up while shooting his cameo for the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie,Foxnews reported last week.You've got to keep straight, director Gore Verbinksi told the swaying guitarist.If you wanted straight replied Richards,then you got the wrong man.To shoot the scee,Verbinski ducked beneath the camera and held Richards by the shins,so he didn't sway so visibly.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Eddie Murphy has rebounded from the collapse last April of his 13-year marriage and is now dating singer Melanie Brown, the former Scary Spice. "I'm madly in love with Mel,but there are no wedding plans," said Murphy.Murphy is 45;Brown is 31.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Anna Nicole Smith and her lawyer,Howard K. Stern,have exchanged informal commitment vows on a Bahamian sailing trip,after Stern announced that he,and not Smith's ex-boyfriend Larry Birkhead,is the father of Smith's newborn daughter.Birkhead has demanded a DNA test to determine paternity.A spokesman for Smith said she and Stern decided to have a commitment ceremony now "to give them a shot of emotional adrenaline" following the death of Smith's son,Daniel.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Singer Avril Lavigne has reluctantly apologized for spitting on the paparzzi.She and her husband,rocker Deryck Whibley, partied at l.A.'s Hyde Lounge two nights in a row,spitting at photographers waiting outside.On the second night,Avril was videotaped spitting and unleashing "a torrent of F-bombs at both paparazzi and fans, said Eonline.com.lavigne later explained her behavior on her Web site."I'd like to sincerely apologize for my behavior with the paparazzi," she wrote."It trying at best dealing with their insistent intrusions."

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Now that rocker Pete Doherty is out of rehab,he and Fiancee Kate Moss have reunited.But is she back to her old ways? After Moss joined her man on stage at a recent Ireland gig,the London Sun published close-up photos of her nose,which appeared to be clogged with a white residue.Last year, another tabloid ran photos of Moss snorting cocaine at a recording studio.

Return to “Games, Birthdays, Welcomes, Trivia & More”