Cool Movie Lines

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

Post by USAF_Defender23 »

I sick of these GD snakes on this GD plane.

Samuel L. Jackson-Snakes on a Plane

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Rain Man Movie Quotes (1988)

Tom Cruise (Charlie Babbitt): Who took this picture?
Dustin Hoffman (Raymond Babbitt): D-A-D.
Tom Cruise (Charlie): And you lived with us?
Dustin Hoffman (Raymond): Yeah, 10962 Beachcrest Street, Cincinnatti, Ohio.
Tom Cruise (Charlie): When did you leave?
Dustin Hoffman(Raymond): January 12, 1965. Very snowy that day. 12.2 inches of snow that day.
Tom Cruise (Charliet): Just after Mom died.

Dustin Hoffman(Raymond): Yeah Mom died January 5, 1965.
Tom Cruise (Charlie):You remember that day. Was I there? Where was I?
Dustin Hoffman(Raymond): You were in the window. You waved to me, "Bye bye Rain Man", "Bye bye."

Tom Cruise (Charlie): [talking to the woman who answers the door] I'm sorry ma'am, I lied to you. I'm very sorry about that. That man right there is my brother and if he doesn't get to watch 'People's Court' in about 30 seconds, he's gonna throw a fit right here on your porch. Now you can help me or you can stand there and watch it happen.

Dustin Hoffman(Raymond): Ten minutes to Wapner.

Dustin Hoffman(Raymond): Gotta get my boxer shorts at K-Mart.
Tom Cruise (Charlie): What difference does it make where you buy underwear? Underwear! Underwear is Underwear! It's Underwear wherever you buy it! In Cincinatti or Wherever!
Dustin Hoffman(Raymond): K-Mart!
Tom Cruise (Charlie):You know what I think Ray? I think this autisticism is a bunch of poop! Because you can't tell me that you're not in there somewhere!

Dustin Hoffman(Raymond): Boxer shorts. K-Mart!

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Shawshank Redemption Movie Quotes (1994)

Bob Gunton (Warden Samuel Norton): I believe in two things: discipline and the Bible. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord; your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank.

Morgan Freeman (Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding): Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

Morgan Freeman (Red): (narrating) The first night's the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in naked as the day you were born, skin burning and half blind from that delousing poop they throw on you, and when they put you in that cell... and those bars slam home...that's when you know it's for real. A whole life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it.

Tim Robbins (Andy Dufresne): If they ever try to trace any of those accounts, they're gonna end up chasing a figment of my imagination.
Morgan Freeman (Red): Well, I'll be damned. Did I say you were good? poop, you're a Rembrandt!
Tim Robbins (Andy): Yeah. The funny thing is - on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook.

Tim Robbins (Andy): Get busy living, or get busy dying.
Morgan Freeman (Red): (narrating) I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend.

Tim Robbins (Andy):(in letter to Red) Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal Lecter): Hello, Clarice.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Jodie Foster (Clarice Starling): If you didn't kill him, then who did, sir?
Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal): Who can say. Best thing for him, really. His therapy was going nowhere.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal): You know what you look like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition has given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you, Agent Starling? And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed? Pure West Virginia. What's your father, dear? Is he a coal miner? Does he stink of the lamp? You know how quickly the boys found you... all those tedious sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars...while you could only dream of getting out... getting anywhere... getting all the way to the FBI.
Jodie Foster (Clarice): You see a lot, Doctor.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal): A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal): Why do you think he removes their skins, Agent Starling?
[sarcastically]
Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal): Thrill me with your acumen.
Jodie Foster (Clarice): It excites him. Most serial killers keep some sort of trophies from their victims.
Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal): I didn't.
Jodie Foster (Clarice): No. No, you ate yours.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal): I do wish we could chat longer, but I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Space Cowboys Movie Quotes (2000)

Clint Eastwood (Frank Corvin): Well, what do you say, Reverend? You think a prayer's in order?
James Garner (Tank Sullivan): I was just reciting the Shepard's Prayer. Alan Shepard's prayer. Please God, don't let us screw up. Amen.

Biker: I'll Put You In The Hospital, Old Man.
Clint Eastwood (Frank Corvin): Yeah, well I've got Medicare, go ahead and shoot your best shot!

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Animal House Movie Quotes (1978)

John Belushi (Bluto): My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Tim Matheson (Otter): Better listen to him, Flounder. He's pre-med.

John Vernon (Dean Vernon Wormer): Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

A Few Good Men (1992)

Kevin Pollak (Lt. Weinberg): Cmdr. Galloway, Lt. Kaffee is considered to be the best litigator in our office. He successfully plea bargained 44 cases in 9 months.
Tom Cruise (Kaffee): One more and I get a set of steak knives.
Last edited by The Instructor on Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

A Few Good Men (1992)

Jack Nicholson (Col. Jessup): You see Danny, I can deal with the bullets, and the bombs, and the blood. I don't want money, and I don't want medals. What I do want is for you to stand there in that faggoty white uniform and with your Harvard mouth extend me some fucking courtesy. You gotta ask me nicely.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

A Few Good Men (1992)

Jack Nicholson (Col. Jessup): Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a darn what you think you are entitled to!

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

A Few Good Men (1992)

Jack Nicholson (Col. Jessup): You want answers?
Tom Cruise (Kaffee): I think I'm entitled.
Jack Nicholson (Col. Jessup): You want answers?
Tom Cruise (Kaffee): I want the truth!
Jack Nicholson (Col. Jessup): You can't handle the truth!

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

A Few Good Men (1992)

Jack Nicholson (Col. Jessup): You fuckin' people. You have no idea how to defend a nation. All you did was weaken a country today, Kaffee. That's all you did. You put people's lives in danger. Sweet dreams, son.

Tom Cruise (Kaffee): Don't call me son. I'm a lawyer and an officer in the United States Navy. And you're under arrest, you son of a b@tch.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

When Harry Met Sally (1989)

Billy Crystal (Harry Burns): You realize of course that we could never be friends.
Meg Ryan (Sally Albright): Why not?
Billy Crystal (Harry): What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
Meg Ryan (Sally): That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
Billy Crystal (Harry): No you don't.
Meg Ryan (Sally): : Yes I do.
Billy Crystal (Harry): No you don't.
Meg Ryan (Sally): Yes I do.
Billy Crystal (Harry): You only think you do.
Meg Ryan (Sally): You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Billy Crystal (Harry):: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.
Meg Ryan (Sally): They do not!
Billy Crystal (Harry): Do too.
Meg Ryan (Sally): They do not.
Billy Crystal (Harry): Do too.
Meg Ryan (Sally): How do you know?
Billy Crystal (Harry):Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Meg Ryan (Sally): So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Billy Crystal (Harry): No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Meg Ryan (Sally): What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
Billy Crystal (Harry): Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
Meg Ryan (Sally): Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.
Last edited by The Instructor on Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Billy Crystal (Harry): Had my dream again where I'm making love, and the Olympic judges are watching. I'd nailed the compulsories, so this is it, the finals. I got a 9.8 from the Canadians, a perfect 10 from the Americans, and my mother, disguised as an East German judge, gave me a 5.6. Must have been the dismount.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Billy Crystal (Harry):There are two kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance.
Meg Ryan (Sally): Which one am I?
Billy Crystal (Harry): You're the worst kind. You're high maintenance but you think you're low maintenance.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Meg Ryan (Sally): Most women at one time or another have faked it.
Billy Crystal (Harry): Well, they haven't faked it with me.
Meg Ryan (Sally): How do you know?
Billy Crystal (Harry): Because I know.
Meg Ryan (Sally): Oh. Right. Thats right. I forgot. You're a man.
Billy Crystal (Harry): What was that supposed to mean?
Meg Ryan (Sally): Nothing. Its just that all men are sure it never happened to them and all women at one time or other have done it, so you do the math.

Return to “Games, Birthdays, Welcomes, Trivia & More”