The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Whatever happened to............?

Post by The Instructor »

Whatever happened to............?

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Whatever Happened to Robert 'Rusty' Stevens (Larry Mondello) from Leave it to Beaver?

That's a very good question. I've wondered it myself many times. He appeared in 68 episodes of 'Leave it to Beaver' (if you count the very last Beaver episode which he was only in "flashback" form) and 'Still the Beaver' (1983). 'Leave it to Beaver' originally aired 1957-1963, but Rusty's last appearance was in late 1960. The reason for that is that his father took a job out of state and so the family moved away from California, therefore ending his career on 'Leave it to Beaver'. From what info I can gather, he has apparently worked in some or all of the following fields: advertising, insurance salesman and/or real estate. Years later, when they were trying to locate him to reprise his role as Larry in 'Still the Beaver', a detective had to be employed to find Rusty. The detective found the right house and knocked on the door. Rusty's wife answered and the detective asked her if it was the residence of the former child star. She replied that he had the wrong house. When she later told this to Rusty, he told her the man did have the right house. He did indeed play Larry Mondello, he just never told his wife about it before!
Apparently Rusty is purposely staying out of the limelight and has declined offers for TV appearences.

Robert 'Rusty' Stevens was born 11/25/1948 and is currently 58 years old.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Jeri Weil

Judy Hensler on Leave It To Beaver

Have you wondered what ever happened to Judy, the little girl who gave Beaver such a hard time? When I first met Jerry Mathers in 1982, I asked him about Jeri Weil and he told me what a friendly person she was. He said that he would run into her now and then and she was always upbeat and smiling. I had never met her so I guess I was taking all that at face value. But after she E-Mailed me and we wrote back and forth to each other a few times, I see that what Jerry said is really true. I asked her to say a few words about her life and she was happy to oblige.

Here is what Jeri Weil is doing these days in her own words:

"I am a successful realtor in Los Angeles, Ca. But as we speak, I am looking for a publisher, to publish a 3 book set of semi-autobiographical books about my life. They will be funny, as my life has been, and continues to be, one long strange trip! I'm loving it!! It's almost like my life is in rewind and I am returning to my happy days as a young Hippy in 1969!! It seems everything in my life is cyclical and I continue to go round and around and it gets weirder and more wondeful with each passing day! I travel extensively, one of my passions, along with being a scavenger of antiques!!! My books will follow my life through the cars I've owned, which is only 3. My cars have been a '61 Red MG Roadster (that was Mellow Yellow) I just called her "Mellow." Next came a turquoise '73 Super Beatle Convertible, her name is Lilli, and I am her original owner and still own her! ... And my newest car is a sexy and sleek 2001 Audi Avant 2.8 wagon for my antiques and flowers. I am an avid gardener and love my garden, which I keep organic. Being a Taurus, I love Mother Earth and care for her gently. I am an old Hippy, and as you say, I am extremely young at heart. My life has became an amazing set of incredible coincidences. And I'm loving each new day!!! It's fun. Wish me luck with my new endeavors, but trust me, one way or the other, I will make this happen!!!! Jeri"

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Frank Bank

He played Wally Cleaver and Eddie Haskell's somewhat goofy "third wheel" in Leave It To Beaver.

His character's name was Clarence "Lumpy" Rutherford.

Frank was born 4-12-1942 in a hospital corridor during an air raid drill.

In the years after Beaver, Frank Bank became a highly successful municipal bonds broker in Palm Springs, California.

As of 2003 he is divorced and has four daughters and two grandchildren.

TV fans know actor Frank Bank as “Clarence ‘Lumpy’ Rutherford” from the classic TV show Leave It to Beaver. And “Lumpy” is practically the only role Bank has ever had save for a turn as “Archie Andrews” in an ABC pilot for a show based on the Archie comics (the show was not picked-up). Bank left acting after the original Beaver series ended and turned his sights to the financial world. He claims to have enjoyed a wild lifestyle during his early years having “slept with a 1,000 women.” Settling down after college, Bank became a highly successful investment banker (he handles the investments of many of the surviving Beaver stars including Jerry Mathers). Bank reprised his role as “Lumpy”--even though he actually lost money taking leave from his investment work-- in the TV series revival Still the Beaver, and he also appeared in the 1997 feature film Leave It to Beaver.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Stephen Talbot - Gilbert on Leave It To Beaver

(born February 28, 1949, in Los Angeles, California) is an American award-winning TV reporter, writer, and producer and TV child actor of the 1950s and 1960s.

Talbot had a minor career playing minors between 1959 and 1963. He is best known for the early TV sit-com Leave It to Beaver, in which he had the semi-regular role as Gilbert Bates, best friend of Theodore "Beaver" Cleaver (Jerry Mathers). Talbot has not embraced his LITB heritage in recent years, having turned down numerous Leave it to Beaver "reunion" offers and resorting to writing a piece as to how hard it is to be taken seriously with it in his past.

He is an accomplished and award-winning "behind the scenes" contributor to the Public Broadcasting Service and its Frontline series, where most of his energies have been directed.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

good Info

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ttt

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ttt

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ttt

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ttt

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ttt

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Ronnie Claire Edwards

"Ronnie Claire Edwards is an accomplished actress, author and playwright. She is perhaps best known for her portrayal of the unforgettable Corabeth Godsey on The Waltons which ran for ten years on television. She was also a regular on a number of television series and she had a recurring role on Designing Women, as well as guest appearances on major television series. Her film credits include All the Way Home, Nobody's Fool, The 34th Star, Perfect, and The Dead Pool, When Every Day Was the Fourth of July, UFO Cafe, and 8 Seconds.

An Oklahoma native, Miss Edwards began her career at the Margo Jones Theatre where she won a Protegee Award. She has distinguished herself on stage in appearances at the Cleveland Playhouse, Washington, D.C.'s Arena Stage, San Diego Old Globe, Pasadena Playhouse, Actor's Theatre of Louisville, Cincinnati's Playhouse in the Park, Los Angeles Theater Center, Los Angeles' Mark Taper Forum, Williamstown Theater, the Berkshire Summer Festival and Metroplex residents will recall her stellar performances at Dallas' Theatre Three. She is the recipient of three Los Angeles Dramalogue Awards for excellence in acting. Her playwrighting credits include her one woman show The Knife Thrower's Assistant, for which she won the Fringe Best Award at the Edinburgh Festival (Scotland). She is co-author of the musical Cowboy based on the life of Western painter, Charles Russell; Idols of the King, based on the life of Elvis Presley, and The Last of the Honky Tonk Angels, and is author of a cookbook, Sugar and Grease(paint)."

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ttt

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

ttt

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Whatever happened to............?

Post by BubbleGumTiger »